PDA

View Full Version : Penetration, armour damage et. al.

Leutnant_von_Hausman
05-23-2009, 01:55 PM
Can someone explain to me how this works? There's a tooltip somewhere that explains that multiple hits to a particular region of a tank will eventually shred the armour.. How does this work?

I ask because in a multiplayer game today, playing as British, I moved my Turtle forward (which has like 200+ frontal armour) straight towards a german flak emplacement (i think it was a 38, but I'm not sure :S)

Anyway, in one volley, my turtle was destroyed. The flak took a number of shots, which I thought the turtle would shrug off, but instead it became a burnt-out, unrepairable wreck. At no point was anything but the front armour facing towards the flak (this was on canyon, going down one of the sides, so there was no opportunity for there to have been), and it was DEFINITELY the flak emplacement that killed my turtle.

Er.. what?

Morgoth
05-24-2009, 12:16 AM
Can someone explain to me how this works? There's a tooltip somewhere that explains that multiple hits to a particular region of a tank will eventually shred the armour.. How does this work?

I ask because in a multiplayer game today, playing as British, I moved my Turtle forward (which has like 200+ frontal armour) straight towards a german flak emplacement (i think it was a 38, but I'm not sure :S)

Anyway, in one volley, my turtle was destroyed. The flak took a number of shots, which I thought the turtle would shrug off, but instead it became a burnt-out, unrepairable wreck. At no point was anything but the front armour facing towards the flak (this was on canyon, going down one of the sides, so there was no opportunity for there to have been), and it was DEFINITELY the flak emplacement that killed my turtle.

Er.. what?

It probably wasnt,maybe an anti tank gun,like today in multiplayer battle Germany vs USA,none of our german tanks including Tigers were doing anything useful vs pershing tanks,till i brought a number of Pac 40 anti tank guns,then they started wasting there pershings,& there shermans were in flames almost first shot. :-)

After all in real ww2 on russian front none of the early german tanks,panzer iv included could do anything vs KV1's,KV2's & T34/76's it took pac anti tank guns & Flack 88AA guns to waste them.:cool:

Leutnant_von_Hausman
05-24-2009, 10:33 AM
But that's just it. It wasn't an AT gun, it was a light flak gun. It even said so in the top left after it happened.