PDA

View Full Version : Script errors/crosshair not showing

Devoldo
05-22-2009, 11:41 PM
So far, I like this game, although I loathe the voice actor for the main character and the cheesy things he says, but the game play, reminds me of Painkiller.

First off, I came across this error randomly while playing the DX10 version:

Friday, May 22, 2009 19:31:32:
./Data/LScripts/Main/GObjects.lua:197:TickT
./Data/LScripts/Main/GObjects.lua:231:Tick
./Data/LScripts/Main/Game.lua:687:Tick
./Data/LScripts/Main/Game.lua:2100:Game_Tick

Tried hitting debug with no luck. The only other thing that seems to be a problem is upon loading a game, the crosshair does not always show up. This is usually fixed by swapping to another weapon, then back, but it does get annoying when the auto-save saves me in a spot where theres 4234324324 enemies and im guessing where to shoot.

CPU: Intel E8600 @ 4.2ghz
GPU: Evga GTX280 SSC edition - 185.85 WHQL drivers
Mobo: Asus Rampage Formula - 902 BIOS
RAM:4 gigs corsair dominator ddr2-1066
Hard Drive:WD Raptor 300gig 10,000 rpm for OS
WD Caviar 1TB for games
Operating System:Windows Vista ultimate 32-bit SP1

Obviously my computer isnt like all the others posting here complaining the game isnt working properly (integrated graphics.....lmao).

Gniarf
05-23-2009, 08:35 AM
First off, I came across this error randomly while playing the DX10 version:You're ABSOLUTELY sure you can't give me something more accurate than "randomly"?

Friday, May 22, 2009 19:31:32:
./Data/LScripts/Main/GObjects.lua:197:TickT
./Data/LScripts/Main/GObjects.lua:231:Tick
./Data/LScripts/Main/Game.lua:687:Tick
./Data/LScripts/Main/Game.lua:2100:Game_Tick
In the NecroVisioN\Bin directory you have a file named script_error.log from which you can copy-paste the error, maybe that's what you already did, but are you sure that's the COMPLETE error message? I looked up the code you mentionned above but couldn't find a clue.
Tried hitting debug with no luck.
Lol, give up on that.
The only other thing that seems to be a problem is upon loading a game, the crosshair does not always show up.
Can you see the rest of the hud, particularly the health bar? What about the ammo indicator?
it does get annoying when the auto-save saves me in a spot where theres 4234324324 enemies and im guessing where to shoot.How I'd love to toss a geballte in there....

Hard Drive:WD Raptor 300gig 10,000 rpm for OS300Gb just for for Vista? If you care about my point of view,that's 250+Gb of wasted 10k rmp space (unless you also have the "my documents" folder on that hdd too, but it doesn't need 10k rpm though).

Devoldo
05-24-2009, 08:12 PM
You're ABSOLUTELY sure you can't give me something more accurate than "randomly"?

Happened once upon gaining access to the labotory on top of "the hill". Havent tried to reproduce this error.

In the NecroVisioN\Bin directory you have a file named script_error.log from which you can copy-paste the error, maybe that's what you already did, but are you sure that's the COMPLETE error message? I looked up the code you mentionned above but couldn't find a clue.

Thats precisely the message that was in the log. cntrl+V cntrl+c exactly :rolleyes:

Lol, give up on that.

Oh I did, one of those options that never works like some other applications Ive used before (Windows in general actually).

Can you see the rest of the hud, particularly the health bar? What about the ammo indicator?

Everything else shows up the way it should, minus the FOV being absolutely horrid with a 1920X1200 resolution, why cant they make true 16:10 games?!?!? WHYYYYYYYY, but I digress. This error can be reproduced usually upon loading from one save to anther in a relatively quick manner.
How I'd love to toss a geballte in there....

Pardon my ignorance, but wtf is a "geballte"? Wait, is that the cluster of grenades in the game? I dont know if you are from the U.S. (if not, your lucky) but figure it might have been a misinterpretation :eek:

300Gb just for for Vista? If you care about my point of view,that's 250+Gb of wasted 10k rmp space (unless you also have the "my documents" folder on that hdd too, but it doesn't need 10k rpm though).

Yes my documents are in there, the 10,000rpm just excludes Vista from being the blame for any lag, especially if people do not know how to turn off the indexing service. Games are run off of two 1tb hard drives, both with 32 mb cache's. I know hard drives read and write performance tend to decrease when large amounts of data are being stored on them, but the HD with Necrovision has 800 gigs free; 949 after format of course.

Gniarf
05-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Happened once upon gaining access to the labotory on top of "the hill". Havent tried to reproduce this error. If it happened only once, then let's forget it.
Oh I did, one of those options that never works like some other applications Ive used before (Windows in general actually). I beg to differ, Windows does its job perfectly. I mean, did it ever fail at displaying a BSOD?
Everything else shows up the way it should, minus the FOV being absolutely horrid with a 1920X1200 resolution, why cant they make true 16:10 games?!?!? WHYYYYYYYY, but I digress.Go to the mod section, there is a fov fix.
This error can be reproduced usually upon loading from one save to anther in a relatively quick manner. I might have a look at it - once I've dealt with th s***load of other thing I've to do, but did you fiddle with "Cfg.CrosshairTrans"?

Pardon my ignorance, but wtf is a "geballte"? Wait, is that the cluster of grenades in the game? I dont know if you are from the U.S. (if not, your lucky) but figure it might have been a misinterpretation :eek:yep geballte=7grenades strapped together, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_24_grenade they mention the geballte.
Games are run off of two 1tb hard drives, both with 32 mb cache's. I know hard drives read and write performance tend to decrease when large amounts of data are being stored on them, but the HD with Necrovision has 800 gigs free; 949 after format of course.Those are details: just put those 1tb drives in raid0 and head seeking times will be neglectables. Besides if you want to scrounge this additional little bit of perf, then there are defragmentation softs that allow you to move some files on outer hdd tracks.