PDA

View Full Version : A NecroVisioN Guide - Secrets, Artefacts & More

AncientMariner
05-22-2009, 02:45 PM
BloodBuster and I are a couple of contributors to this forum. We have enjoyed NecroVisioN enormously. Being Painkiller alumni, we set out to find all the Secrets and Artefacts in the game. We shared our finds by making videos and we soon had the basis of a complete Secrets video set. We also tackled the Challenge Rooms and found all sorts of other things along the way. We decided to organise this ragbag of words, images and videos into a web site.

Here is BloodBuster & Greybeard's NecroVisioN Guide (http://www.bloodbuster.co.uk/)

I better explain that I am Greybeard on most gaming sites and forums but the name was taken when I joined you here. Anyway, the Guide contains a video set of all the Secrets and Artefacts, strategies for the Challenge Rooms & some vids for the harder ones, a tips & FAQs section and a section for everything else of interest we recorded along the way.

I hope it's useful and, perhaps, interesting. Let us know what you think of it here or by mailing us from the Guide.

Cheers

KingDaniel
06-12-2009, 08:55 AM
Hello There,

A very Nice and Informative guide out there. Keep up the Good work.

I found those 'Secrets & Artefacts' vids quite helpful. *Excellent*

THANKS,
Daniel.

AncientMariner
06-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Thank you very much, Daniel. Your words are much appreciated. I'm glad it was useful.

Cheers

Greybeard

cocolapin
06-16-2009, 12:53 PM
hey, there's ot a lot of people there, but i can say for them that's your website really rocks ! Thanks a lot Greybeard and Bloodbuster ;)

next time painkiller resurrection guide :-P

Bloodbuster
06-16-2009, 06:28 PM
Cool!

We're really pleased that people are appreciating the site and finding it useful. A lot of work went into it.

:)

game_over
07-22-2009, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the walkthrough.

I didn't know chapter 4 has a secret boss AND JRR Tolkien himself. JR and Simon seem to get along pretty well.

persoiranian
07-22-2009, 05:35 PM
thanks a lot. so i have to play the game again

AncientMariner
07-23-2009, 01:57 PM
thanks a lot. so i have to play the game again
:):):) You need an excuse? Enjoy :)

maverick6146
07-26-2009, 04:58 AM
BloodBuster and I are a couple of contributors to this forum. We have enjoyed NecroVisioN enormously. Being Painkiller alumni, we set out to find all the Secrets and Artefacts in the game. We shared our finds by making videos and we soon had the basis of a complete Secrets video set. We also tackled the Challenge Rooms and found all sorts of other things along the way. We decided to organise this ragbag of words, images and videos into a web site.

Here is BloodBuster & Greybeard's NecroVisioN Guide (http://www.bloodbuster.co.uk/)

I better explain that I am Greybeard on most gaming sites and forums but the name was taken when I joined you here. Anyway, the Guide contains a video set of all the Secrets and Artefacts, strategies for the Challenge Rooms & some vids for the harder ones, a tips & FAQs section and a section for everything else of interest we recorded along the way.

I hope it's useful and, perhaps, interesting. Let us know what you think of it here or by mailing us from the Guide.

Cheers

wow, the long-waited artifact guide is finally here. Thank a lot for the hard work.

AncientMariner
07-26-2009, 10:52 AM
Thanks, maverick. Your comments are appreciated.

Cheers

Schmat
09-28-2009, 10:30 AM
Great guide. but i miss an explanation in CH8 mole temple how u reach the last artifact with the jump plates... i tried everything, but i dont jump that far :(

AncientMariner
09-28-2009, 02:32 PM
Great guide. but i miss an explanation in CH8 mole temple how u reach the last artifact with the jump plates... i tried everything, but i dont jump that far :(

Hi, Schmat. I'm glad you like the guide. You can see the way Blood & I do it in the Mole Temple Secrets vid. It's Secret 11 and the technique starts at around 5:25 in the vid. You start off on the opposite balcony, hit the jump pad below, go up and over the pillar in the middle and hit the jump pad on the other side. This gives you enough momentum to bounce high enough to get to the ledge with the artefact. It's not easy.

Since then, a Painkiller friend of ours found that you can get the necessary height by hitting the jump pad nearest the artefact, from ground level, and jumping just as you take off. He does have exceptional timing for this sort of thing, though.

Either way, this is probably the hardest secret in the game. I hope this all helps and I wish you good luck.

Greybeard

piscean57
02-10-2010, 01:17 AM
Really good artifacts guide.

I am still stuck on top of the Hill in level 3 and no one is answering my posts on here!!

gamingprincess
08-04-2010, 01:23 AM
it is now 2010 and you will be pleased im sure to know that your vidio walkthrough is still helping people that are so totally lost. i just started this a few days ago and was fighting zimmerman in his machine and realized how much id lost in artifacts and secrets so im replaying with your help.

megabow
09-26-2010, 10:03 PM
Hey !! I've just started chapter 6 and i really don't know what do i have to do in the train staition in order to go on with the game. Would someone help me with that , please?
Thank's a lot!!

megabow
09-26-2010, 10:06 PM
Where exactly are you at?

ned18k
10-08-2010, 03:53 PM
AncientMariner
Great Guide! very helpfull.

But! ;)
You missed one super secret in StrongHold. :-P

AncientMariner
10-09-2010, 12:49 PM
That Blood & I missed something doesn't surprise me at all :) Our enthusiasm for the game outstripped out secret-finding abilities and some took us ages to discover.

So, don't keep us in suspense. Where is it and how do you get to it? :cool: A vid would be nice but I'll settle for a description :) If there's another Artifact, I may have to play the game yet again, just to get my Fury up one ... more ... level ;)

Tell all :grin:

ned18k
10-10-2010, 07:46 PM
It is a letter. Just a letter which i ve been found for almost 10 hours. )
It lies in one special room.

Here is my vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGjpfsdz_yU
(check from gameplay time 1h:04min - you can see timer in top-right corner)

But why i say "super secret"? It is just a letter! Becourse you can only find it if you know what you are looking for. There is no secret room splash screen in the place, no artifacts. But there is one small piece of storyline in this letter.

It is sad that somewhere there is a room with load of boxes. In this room only one barrel stands. There is a red rock in this barrel.

GrrlPower
11-28-2010, 06:22 PM
Hey BloodBuster & Greybeard,its an awesome site. I do find text guides to be easier to navigate,and take less HDD space. Do you guys have a link to text versions of your guide?

AncientMariner
12-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Sorry for the tardy response, GrrlPower. I try to keep an eye on the forum but life's got in the way lately :rolleyes:

One of the reasons the site came about was that Blood and I found it very hard to explain to each other where "stuff" was. We turned to screenshots and vids and that was the genesis of the site.

Consequently, we never wrote the traditional text walkthrough. If you are stuck anywhere, please post. I do try to visit the forum regularly (honestly!) and I'll help if I can.

Cheers

CelesteJak
11-17-2011, 07:45 PM
Hi,
I tried multiple times to click on the links to the walkthroughs listed above and kept getting sent to the Road Runner search page. Will you please post the actual link address so I can get to your walkthroughs? My computer abilities are really pretty sad :confused: so maybe I am doing something wrong but I do know how to cut and paste so perhaps I can get there that way:).
Thank you,
Celeste

Nike-it
11-18-2011, 05:47 AM
Looks like this walkthrough is not available yet. Try to look in youtube for solutions.