PDA

View Full Version : Patch 1.1 breaks securom - "Wrong disc inserted"

dogmut
05-22-2009, 09:19 AM
After installing the 1.1. patch, I now get a "Wrong disc inserted" securom dialog. Game ran before the patch. I un-installed and re-installed with same results.

I found a NecroVisioN.exe on the DVD that I can run the game with but I'm assuming this is the original version (a small file with securom not built into it?).

Anything I can do to fix this so I can play with the patch?

Thanks

Bloodbuster
05-22-2009, 09:36 PM
I use the same OS as you and have not had any problems after installing 1.1.

Have you tried reinstalling using the option to 'Run as Administrator'?

dogmut
05-23-2009, 02:49 AM
I installed the game and the patch and ran the .exe with admin privileges.

Bloodbuster
05-23-2009, 05:51 AM
OK, try disabling your anti-virus and any other real-time security guards (including AV and/or firewall HIPS), Windows Defender etc and try again.

dogmut
05-23-2009, 10:34 PM
Sorry I didn't already mention this stuff... yep when I re-installed everything I stopped my anti virus (AVG), anti spy (W Defender, Spybot), firewall (Zonealarm, W firewall). I even stopped all unnecessary services, which I always do when installing and playing games (by unnecessary I mean anything that can be stopped but doesn't break networking etc.).

Thanks

Nike-it
05-25-2009, 07:03 AM
Sorry I didn't already mention this stuff... yep when I re-installed everything I stopped my anti virus (AVG), anti spy (W Defender, Spybot), firewall (Zonealarm, W firewall). I even stopped all unnecessary services, which I always do when installing and playing games (by unnecessary I mean anything that can be stopped but doesn't break networking etc.).

Thanks

Contact our support team with this issue (support@1cpublishing.eu)

nycplayboy78
05-26-2009, 11:48 PM
I too am having the same problem with the game after patch 1.1 install. Aspyr said that there are no official patches for the game and that if one was to be released then it would be on their website. I am enclosing my DX information file as requested. Please help me resolve this issue.

Thank You,

NYC

PoisonIvy
05-28-2009, 12:12 PM
i have the same problem...
:evil:
and we need Server pls !!!!!!

Nike-it
05-28-2009, 12:20 PM
I too am having the same problem with the game after patch 1.1 install. Aspyr said that there are no official patches for the game and that if one was to be released then it would be on their website. I am enclosing my DX information file as requested. Please help me resolve this issue.

Thank You,

NYC

You have an Aspyr version and install the patch for official web-site, right?

PoisonIvy
05-28-2009, 12:32 PM
You have an Aspyr version and install the patch for official web-site, right?

yes i have, but wrong disk insert....

Nike-it
05-28-2009, 12:42 PM
This patch doesn't work with Aspyr version. It's mentioned in the post about the patch: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=70186&postcount=1
So I can only advice to reinstall the game and play without patch.

PoisonIvy
05-28-2009, 12:46 PM
ok...................:(
comes update for Aspyr?

Nike-it
05-28-2009, 12:54 PM
ok...................:(
comes update for Aspyr?

You version doesn't need a patch, as it already contains version 1.1.

PoisonIvy
05-28-2009, 02:53 PM
You version doesn't need a patch, as it already contains version 1.1.

thx:)

:grin:

and servers? ;)