PDA

View Full Version : Managing Supplies

hkkf1970
05-22-2009, 12:05 AM
Does anyone have any good suggestions for managing supplies?

I find myself spending 30min+ in a game (including pausing) just to figure out what troops/supplies I have and doling out ammo, bandages, etc...

The realism is nice, but repetitive allocation/logistics is not exactly my idea of fun.

Would be nice if there were "templates" for infantry types for automatic allocation so I don't find myself doing the same things over and over and over again.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Spazticus
05-25-2009, 12:03 AM
Perhaps this procedure may help you, depending on circumstances of the mission in question:

If you want to distribute a cache of weapons and supplies quickly and equally to a group, such as a squad of six riflemen and two SMG men, your best bet is to first get to a crate or vehicle. Select the men individually, and dump all the equipment you need distributed into it. Then select all the riflemen as a group, and right click the items in the crate to divide them up equally between the men, assuming they have inventory space. This works best with ammo and bandages, as well as grenades. If you select a weapon type, it'll give one of each to every man who has the room to carry one. After that, you can do the same for the two SMG men. By the way, the same technique works with corpses you scavenge off of. Approach and loot them as a group, and you'll split up the spoils of war.

I hope it helps you!

imperialage1
07-04-2009, 11:47 AM
this is my tactic-i keep one battalion in front then a battalion in back. back are put on NO FIRE and front are put on fire at will. when the front battalion goes out of ammo they are to retreat to a supply convoy get ammo and back battalion becomes front with fire at will. This rotates until enemy go bye bye.