PDA

View Full Version : Connection broke of or someone logged in as you from another IP

McFraggel123
05-20-2009, 12:27 PM
Hello,

In the middle of a match I often get kicked with this message:

Connection broke off or someone logged in as you from another IP.

Have anyone else experienced this problem? Any solutions?

Morgoth
05-20-2009, 05:47 PM
Hello,

In the middle of a match I often get kicked with this message:

Connection broke off or someone logged in as you from another IP.

Have anyone else experienced this problem? Any solutions?

Yes dont give your game version or cd code to a mate or a family member on another computer,as each code only works on 1 computer,so if you have,or someone else has given your code key to someone else & there playing online at the same time as you,you get kicked off,then when you rejoin their get kicked off & so on.

Like i said you may comeback saying,'well i didnt give my license to anyone else',but that dosnt mean someone else has does it lol.:-)

P.S.I found that this happens most with Steam by the way.

McFraggel123
05-20-2009, 08:18 PM
Thank you for your reply.

It's downloaded from Direct2Drive. I have not shared my information with anyone, is not logged in from another computer, on a new fresh install of windows, and as soon as I got this the first time I changed my password to gamespy to a random secure 16 char long password.

It still gives this error and kicks me out now and then.

Any thoughts?

Morgoth
05-20-2009, 09:49 PM
Thank you for your reply.

It's downloaded from Direct2Drive. I have not shared my information with anyone, is not logged in from another computer, on a new fresh install of windows, and as soon as I got this the first time I changed my password to gamespy to a random secure 16 char long password.

It still gives this error and kicks me out now and then.

Any thoughts?

Maybe someone has hacked your PC,as i have D2D version & have no probs,but you could ask D2D for another online code which they allow,which might solve the problem.thats my best advice.:)

Also dont wanna sound like a mistrustful winge bag,but just because our friends & family say they havent done something dosnt make it true,so its definetly possible,if not you then someone else has given your online code to someone else to me.

McFraggel123
05-21-2009, 07:35 AM
Ok. Well I cannot guarantee 100% that my computer isn't hacked but it seems far more reasonable that one of the servers I connected to could have been.

And also, the message basically says "tcp connection problem or someone just used your login". Those two errors are very different and it should not be very hard to identify if there is a TCP problem or weather someone is logging in on your account from a different IP - and give a more specific error message.

Also, when I get this message my friends (still in-game) reported that several other players were disconnected at the same time - so I know there are at least someone else who have had this problem. Maybe they got another error message?

Morgoth
05-21-2009, 10:04 AM
Ok. Well I cannot guarantee 100% that my computer isn't hacked but it seems far more reasonable that one of the servers I connected to could have been.

And also, the message basically says "tcp connection problem or someone just used your login". Those two errors are very different and it should not be very hard to identify if there is a TCP problem or weather someone is logging in on your account from a different IP - and give a more specific error message.

Also, when I get this message my friends (still in-game) reported that several other players were disconnected at the same time - so I know there are at least someone else who have had this problem. Maybe they got another error message?

Was you on one of those flagged servers with the yellow symbol at the time, could be that.:-)