PDA

View Full Version : Fixes

R@S
04-25-2009, 02:57 PM
There are some easy fixes to the problems mentioned in this thread. I'll try to guide you as best I can on how to fix them for yourself.

First: The "leave sector" and "black screen" bugs can be fixed by setting all files in your 7.62\BMP\HUP\ to Read-Only. there are several files in the sub folders, so I recommend you do this once and then zip up a handy back-up if a re-install is needed later.

Secondly: There are some issues with the english localisation that leave a few things untranslated in your 7.62\ini\items\ folder. The files are: ADDONINFO and WEAPONINFO. Just open them with notepad and search for the cyrillic letters. In the ADDONIFO file it's mostly the "mm" for the grenades that has been left untranslated. There is also some issues with the rpg-6 and 7. There is already some hotfixes available made by fans for these issues.

Thirdly: There is a file in your 7.62\InventoryINI\ file that need to be fixed so that a third of the enemies in random encounters actually has a weapon when the battle starts. The file is Bandit_ser.inv. There is an "S" on the first line that needs to be removed.

Once these fixes are made the game runs pretty good, but sadly the memory leak is still present from the russian version. This can be overcome by restarting the game every 1-2 hours. It's a hassle but worth it, this game has a deapth that really makes it worth your while.

Good luck and don't forget to save often;)

p.s. The Russian mod is called HardLife Addon and it's by far the best one out there. It's in russian though, but if you want to try it our anyway there is a version adapted to work with the English version af the game. I don't know the rules here about linking to those mods, please google for it and you might get lucky.

R@S

R@S
05-02-2009, 08:20 AM
Here's a list of changes you have to make before the g/l will work:

In ADDONINFO, change the cyrillic entries to these:

"40 ìì" -> "40 mm"
"40 ìì (ðóñ.)" -> "40 mm (RUS)
"12 êàëèáð" -> "12 caliber"
"40 ìì (ÐÏÃ-7)" -> "40 mm (RPG-7)

And while you're at it, change this as well:

"ÑÂ98" -> "SV98"

to get the SV98 to accept the intended bipod.

As for the burst fire, I have no solution. I suffer from it as much as you do. If I come across a solution for it, I'll let ya'll know.

Good luck and don't forget to save often;)

R@S

Csimbi
05-02-2009, 08:29 AM
R@s, it's nice to see someone fixing the problems. Any news about an official patch? Still waiting for that before I make my purchase...

Nike-it
05-20-2009, 12:12 PM
All fixes for 7.62 is stored here.

Nightprowler
05-20-2009, 04:09 PM
Thanks Nike-it for that 7.62 sub-forum.
You rule mate :)

az75
05-30-2009, 06:44 PM
Lack of foregrip attachements.
Forgotten?
The thingy should improve weapon balance, for the ones that can receive it. Considerably. Incompatible with bipods and underbarrel lauchers
The game's weapon system is implemented in such a realistic manner that, personally, I find this omission...mysterious. Here's something that should be worth a look for a serious modmaker, R@S.

Wilfried12
06-23-2009, 03:53 PM
My 7.62 game began having the "leave" ctd after playing it for awhile, first I tried reinstalling it a few times and trying different save games and the same thing happened so finally i reinstalled it deleted my saves ect also and stated with a fresh install and a new game . Of course I still had the bug and couldnt go to the map to leave sector even from the first area.

I then read the fixes here and tried another fresh install (redownloaded it as well) and then applied the fixes to the items files as well as setting "read only" to the folder mentioned above.

Now I try to start 7.62 and I go straight to desktop with the "very very bad" error message... so now I cannot even get into the game at all.

VERY FRUSTRATED.
THX in advance for any ideas?

R@S
06-23-2009, 04:50 PM
I assume you're using Win 7 and here's what you do:
Search your drives for files called *.azp and see what folders contain such files.

I think it's \AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files, but not sure. Delete all *.azp and *.TGA files in that 7.62 directory located there(not your install game directory). This should fix your problems.

Be sure that you set all TGA files to read-only in your BMP\HUD\ sub folders before you start a game, set the files, not folders.

I hope this helps, if not, please post more info on your problem, such as your log located in the \7.62\log\ folder.

Good luck

R@S

EDIT: Please use the Unofficial Patch, then all you have to fix yourself is setting the files to read-only:)
7.62 - High Calibre [ENG] Unofficial Patch (http://rapidshare.com/files/244066174/Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar)

Wilfried12
06-23-2009, 06:58 PM
Thx for fast reply. Tried to apply patch but couldnt. I had all ready set read only and made some changes....
I am gonna re-download it and re-install fresh with the unofficial patch then do the read only on the fresh install...Ill let you know if this fixes it.
Thx again

Wilfried12
06-24-2009, 02:13 AM
OK now I got a fresh download and install.
I try to extract the unofficial patch and I get an error window that says (and lists) 104 files could not be written:

WinRAR; Diagnostic messages:
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create INI\Items\ADDONINFO(1)
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create INI\Items\CLIPINFO(1)
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create INI\Items\ITEMINFO(1)
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create INI\Items\WEAPONINFO(1)
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\bandit_cap(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\bandit_let(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\bandit_ser(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\DanielArmenso(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\DeltaPatrol(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\ElizarioMartinezBanditLeader(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\FernandoSuares(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\HavierCrus(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\HesusAmoralesBandit(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\Hos_machin(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\Hos_reg(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\MarcoSances(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\PalineroCommander(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\PalineroDepotGuard_Inv(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\PalineroEntryGuard_Inv(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\Pal_sp_capt(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\Pal_sp_leut(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\Pal_sp_reg(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\Pal_sp_serg(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\Pal_s_capt(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\Pal_s_leut(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\Pal_s_machin(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\Pal_s_reg(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\Pal_s_serg(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\Pal_s_snip(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\RamonFranco(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\RebelPrisonGuard(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\Reb_i_gcom(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\Reb_o_reg(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\Reb_t_reg(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\StdRacketGuys(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\STD_neutrals_GroupCommander(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\STD_neutrals_squadcommander(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\STD_player_Captain(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\STD_player_Leutenant(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\STD_player_machinegunner(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\STD_player_regular(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\STD_player_sergeant(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\STD_player_sniper(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create InventoryINI\tourist(1).inv
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create Quests\E1P\e6q(1).txt
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create LOCAL(1).TXT
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create Tips(1).txt
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create Unofficial Patch.txt
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create ActorsINI\LUDWIGHAGEN(1).INI
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create ActorsINI\SERGEYCHERNYSHEV(1).INI
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create BMP\HUD\E6_inventory\1024X768\INVENTORY.2.21(1).tg a
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\WF\Desktop\GG downloads\Unofficial_Patch_0.97.rar: Cannot create BMP\HUD\E6_shop\1024x768\SHOP0(1).TGA
! Access is denied.

THe choices at bottom of window are : "close" "Break Operation" and "copy to clipboard" none of which help to install patch.

and this was on a totally fresh install... i can't take it anymore. I had this working and got to santa maria and killed Mangoosta b4 there was any problem with the "leave sector" This is really really frustrating and I dont know if it will play again. BTW I am using vista (i wish it was win 7)

loki_poki
06-24-2009, 05:16 AM
Your problem is probably that you have user account control on. You can either switch it off, and unpack, or you can unpack into another directory and then copy paste that into the 7.62mm dir. Either or both should work my friend.

R@S
06-24-2009, 07:56 AM
Once you've installed the game, patch and fixed the TGA files, run the E6.exe as an administrator. If that works, but the shortcut doesn't, your OS has saved the corrupted TGA files in a different folder, probably because you set the HUD folder to read only. You neeed to find those corrupted TGA's and delete them,otherwise you'll be forced to always start the game as an administrator.

hru_za
07-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Mosin-Nagant sniper rifle model 1891/30 comes with some type of optical scope (mostly PU scope). However if you detach that scope once it will not accept it anymore. You can't mount it back or mount some other scope which this rifle should accept.

To fix it open:
INI\Items\WEAPONINFO
find line:
ITEM "Sniper Rifle Mosin_m91-30pu (7.62mm)"
then go down few lines to:
Scope 0
and change it to:
Scope 1 "SKS"
Rifle will accept PU and other scopes it should. As I do not fully understand how these files work inside framework of game, I do not know if this have some unwanted side effect so change that line on your own risk. So far however I did not find any problems.

Also I have unoficial patch v.0.97 instaled and I did not reinstaled game in order to chceck if original file have it correct. However I think it is highly unlikely that unoficial patch introduced this bug.

There might be similar problems with some other rifles. Report it if you find out.

GODSPEED7
08-22-2009, 06:57 PM
I am having a few technical difficulties here..

I've re-installed the game quite a few times, but no matter how many times I do it, I'm always having a few textures that won't show up.

For example, on my first install, everything was fine, then some bushes started showing up black.

Uninstall/Re-install...

Those bushes are now fine.. after a few hours of play, the background of different parts of the screen would show up black.

Uninstall/Re-install...

The background and grass is fine. The pink tape to stick 2 mag's together wouldn't show up.. jsut a black square..

Uninstall/Re-install...

Now all the above works fine... but, the Acog 4x scope is now problematic.. it shows up fine in the inventory (2D Bitmap), but the textures don't appear in any sort of 3D view... so it looks black anywhere else.

I am about to Uninstall/Re-install... and use the previous 'fix'.. for I am using Windows 7. Any more suggestions would be welcome though.

On a second note.. is there ANY fix or Bitmap replacements? I am currently running the game at 1920x1200.. and letters and everything looks slightly screwed up. A link if possible would be welcome!

Thanks a bunch!