PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal here?

Metathron
05-20-2009, 09:36 AM
Just the other day I was reading our local gaming magazine that I subscribe to (they gave KB just 76, the bastards ;)), one reviewer was ranting about how game companies/publishers are always trying to rip off the players, e.g. by taking away some content from the original and saving it for an expansion. He also mentioned the absurdity that games tend to be more expensive when bought & downloaded through a service such as Steam, for example, than when you buy the actual game, box, cd, and all - not to mention the cost of transportation.

I decided to see for myself (never bought through Steam myself): The price for KB: The Legend in my local shop, in euros, is 24.95, whereas buying "electronically" through 1C Company will set you back 49.99, DOUBLE the price.

So, what IS the deal here?

Nike-it
05-20-2009, 09:45 AM
Just the other day I was reading our local gaming magazine that I subscribe to (they gave KB just 76, the bastards ;)), one reviewer was ranting about how game companies/publishers are always trying to rip off the players, e.g. by taking away some content from the original and saving it for an expansion. He also mentioned the absurdity that games tend to be more expensive when bought & downloaded through a service such as Steam, for example, than when you buy the actual game, box, cd, and all - not to mention the cost of transportation.

I decided to see for myself (never bought through Steam myself): The price for KB: The Legend in my local shop, in euros, is 24.95, whereas buying "electronically" through 1C Company will set you back 49.99, DOUBLE the price.

So, what IS the deal here?

Every shop can place any price to the product, and only they decide whether it is reasonable to give high or low price. The any case the final choice of the place belongs to the customer. And I can't comment on the price policy of diffrent shops, I simply don't have such information.

Hellebore
05-26-2009, 08:40 AM
Wow that is really expensive. I got it for $20 US from amazon. Which is like 10euros right?

Been sending the amazon page to all my friends, hope 1C is doing well through that. Love 1C for all the fun with Il2, Faces of War and this :)

TheWizardKs
05-28-2009, 08:38 AM
Wow that is really expensive. I got it for $20 US from amazon. Which is like 10euros right?

Been sending the amazon page to all my friends, hope 1C is doing well through that. Love 1C for all the fun with Il2, Faces of War and this :)

I bought KB:TL for $7 plus tax at Dollar General last week. Great bargain.
Just wish the forums weren't so dead. Modding info seems to be very lacking.