PDA

View Full Version : Men of War as greatest ww2 game ever ?

roptor90
05-19-2009, 09:15 AM
Some things are still missing, precision on units like Theatre of War and number of units like Blitzkrieg 350+ or more.

Buhler
05-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Take my word for it, you DEFINITELY don't want 350 units in Men of War.

roptor90
05-21-2009, 07:54 AM
I would be very happy with this four http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12.8_cm_PaK_44 , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8.8_cm_PaK_43 , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzer_VIII_Maus , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-28_Super_Heavy_Tank ..... :rolleyes:

Zeke Wolff
05-21-2009, 07:03 PM
Take my word for it, you DEFINITELY don't want 350 units in Men of War.
Why not? I wouldn´t mind getting 350+ vehicles... You can never have too many to choose from (my opinion).

~Zeke.

Buhler
05-21-2009, 08:22 PM
Well for a few reasons, one, is that you can only have 8 units to a select box thingy on the left side of the screen, and it would just be ridiculous to have that many boxes all over the place.

Two, is that there is just WAY too much micro-managing involved in this game to get an effective strategy with that many units working.

roptor90
05-22-2009, 06:53 AM
I meant 350+ in the game not in multiplayer

Lancer
05-22-2009, 09:44 AM
As much as I was a Blitzkreig fan many moons ago, that franchise cannot compare with MoW and indeed Soldiers HoWW2. That many units on screen within a game would surely cause inumerable crashes even on top end PC's. Just rejoice we have MoW in it's present form in all it's glory!

roptor90
05-22-2009, 10:28 AM
You still do not understand my. Not 350+ units in mission but 350+ units in game simply in game...

Zeke Wolff
05-22-2009, 09:07 PM
350 different vehicles in a mission would be ridiculous to have... but just as roptor90 says, I wouldnt mind having 350+ different vehicles to choose from when creating a new mission for example. The game is lacking several of the more interesting vehicles from World War 2, for example the Sturmgeschutz III (all variants) which was one of the most common, if not THE most common, vehicles in the German Army. I would also like to see a correct looking M3 Grant as used by the UK, with full working gun recoil animation etc. And we could really use a lot more of the early vehicles (1939-41) that saw much action during the Battle for France and of course, in North Afrika.

~Zeke.

Buhler
05-22-2009, 09:59 PM
Well having 350+ choices would definitely make me jizz my pants, so I am opposed to the idea.

haorant
05-23-2009, 07:10 PM
yes i agree with Buhler i would NOT want 350 units i would perfer normal massprodused tanks like the T 34 and Shermann i just dont like the idea of 40-50 differnt units in one map even on mulitiplayer

GrimReaper
05-31-2009, 12:00 PM
This game needs only highly detailed geometry on tanks and infantry like theatre of war nothing else. Please make it more detailed... Specialy heavy tanks like King Tiger.:cry:

Morgoth
06-04-2009, 08:57 PM
yes i agree with Buhler i would NOT want 350 units i would perfer normal massprodused tanks like the T 34 and Shermann i just dont like the idea of 40-50 differnt units in one map even on mulitiplayer

Well that point is blown away straight off,as in MOW they have the 'Elephant',of which there were only 48 in the whole of ww2,89 ferdinand's were made & used in kursk,but the surviving 48 were refitted,renamed elephants & all sent to italy,also the game includes the stug iv of which 1100 were made,but dosnt include the stug iii's of which 7800 were made,also admitedly only in single player or mods,they have the Karl Mortors,of which only 7 were ever built.

Also i spotted a historical mistake in the game,the jagdpanzer iv in the game is actually the jagdpanzer iv/70 (v),as the jagdpanzer iv was armed with a 7.5cm Pak 39 L/48 gun,not the gun mentioned in the game specs namely the kwk L/42,which was the gun for the jagdpanzer iv/70 (v). Also the Panther was armed with a kwk L/70 gun not a kwk L/42.Infact lol checking my book 'Standard Catalog of German Military Vehicles',i think you have got most of the gun's on the tanks & SPG's wrong.Who did Best Way's research lol.

Also 206 of the included panzer iv E were made,1,400 panzer iv G's & 2279 of the included panzer iv H's were also included,yet the not included in the game panzer iv J's were the most mass produced of all the panzer iv tanks with almost 3000 being built right up to the end of the war.

My point being here is not to give you a history lesson,but to show you that all games makers dont just add tanks just cos they were the most mass produced but sometimes for variation & balance reasons to,oh & also to be abit different from other games & games makers aswell.:-)

TLC
06-08-2009, 08:07 AM
I wouldn't mind if the game included every variant of every tank that fought in WW2, along with some kind of guide that tells u which is best for which job, eg it could give armour thickness, speed and power /10 or as a percentage. And this would be found from the main menu, not just in the multiplyer game.

Evilsausage
06-09-2009, 12:24 AM
Yeah would be really nice with a Units Wikipedia in game or on a webbsite.

Still you always learn alot just by playing.