PDA

View Full Version : I can't get the Necrovision demo to work.

stevesmg15
05-18-2009, 11:32 PM
Everytime I try to start the Necrovision demo it gives me an error that says "This application has failed to start because dxgi.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I have tried re-installing several times but it doesn't want to work.

Nike-it
05-19-2009, 09:35 AM
Everytime I try to start the Necrovision demo it gives me an error that says "This application has failed to start because dxgi.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I have tried re-installing several times but it doesn't want to work.

Well, update you video card drivers and DirectX. It should help. By the way what PC do you have?

KingDaniel
05-19-2009, 04:16 PM
Well, Yes you should first update DirectX. This is an issue related to Win VISTA, so please update DirectX 10.

By the way I'm attaching the dxgi.dll file here. Kindly download and place it under the 'C:\windows\system32' location for example, just in case your update doesn't work properly.

But in any case Update ALL your system drivers, as well as DirectX.

Cheers.

kidjoker
07-20-2009, 07:40 AM
Well, Yes you should first update DirectX. This is an issue related to Win VISTA, so please update DirectX 10.

By the way I'm attaching the dxgi.dll file here. Kindly download and place it under the 'C:\windows\system32' location for example, just in case your update doesn't work properly.

But in any case Update ALL your system drivers, as well as DirectX.

Cheers.

i did that and now it tells me "The procedure entry point_except_handler4_common could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll." and after i press OK it tells me " Error: could not Initialize Directx 10 renderer"
what am i supposed to do now

Nike-it
07-20-2009, 08:19 AM
i did that and now it tells me "The procedure entry point_except_handler4_common could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll." and after i press OK it tells me " Error: could not Initialize Directx 10 renderer"
what am i supposed to do now

What is your system specs?

Gniarf
07-20-2009, 05:04 PM
i did that and now it tells me "The procedure entry point_except_handler4_common could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll."Perhaps try updating your visual c runtime or download a recent msvcrt.dll.

But, yeah, what are your computer specs?