PDA

View Full Version : Slight balanced problem here.

Morgoth
05-17-2009, 02:24 PM
Why is it that USA are the strongest nation in the game,thats hardly realistic,& also why is it that Men of War is yet another WW2 game that has the British the worst nation in the game which is rubbish,is it because its an american release game.

Played it several times now,online,with the same result,as or against the British they never win,as or against the USA they never lose,something odd there.:-)

TLC
05-17-2009, 02:54 PM
I disagree, US tanks (relistically) are badly armoured, and none of their other units really outclass the other factions'. Though i see your point about the Brits they really are on the back foot in terms of armour.
And the game is russian not american.

fldash
05-17-2009, 02:57 PM
I have no problems owning as the British...

Morgoth
05-17-2009, 03:06 PM
I disagree, US tanks (relistically) are badly armoured, and none of their other units really outclass the other factions'. Though i see your point about the Brits they really are on the back foot in terms of armour.
And the game is russian not american.

May have russian programmers but its american money methinks backing it,ie,Aspyr is in USA,so is Bestway,so is half of 505games.:-)

Also your point about the american tanks being badly armoured,i played a game with some guys as germans vs USA & the jumbo sherman tank took out Jagdtigers,Jagdpanthers,Tiger's Panthers & King Tigers & Elephants all,so thats not bad for what you say is under armoured tanks is it.:-)

Morgoth
05-17-2009, 03:07 PM

Also firstly which forces are you playing against owning with the British,are you playing brits vs brits lol,also you must be playing against some preaty useless players then lol.:-)

Ive found the two main things that do well for the brits are there rocket launcher thing,& the Centurion tank,which is a tank that never actually took part in WW2 anyhow lol.

fldash
05-17-2009, 11:45 PM
UK vs Germany... Win without problems against players that have a clue. Combination of forces... and depending on what they use...

Zeke Wolff
05-18-2009, 11:32 AM
Funny. My view is that the British is a very strong force to use in the game. They have some excellent heavy armored early tanks (the Matilda II and Valentine) with hard hitting guns. Sure they aren´t much use against the later German heavy tanks, but when those are beginning to show up in the game, you do have access to Achilles, Archers and of course, the Firefly. All three is very capable of taking out even the heaviest German tanks and tank destroyers.

~Zeke.

Flashpoint Gold
05-18-2009, 05:32 PM

It seems that EiR and MoW have a relation in problems, except for MoW doesn't have the op british artillery. I haven't encountered it atleast...

Morgoth
05-18-2009, 07:36 PM
Funny. My view is that the British is a very strong force to use in the game. They have some excellent heavy armored early tanks (the Matilda II and Valentine) with hard hitting guns. Sure they aren´t much use against the later German heavy tanks, but when those are beginning to show up in the game, you do have access to Achilles, Archers and of course, the Firefly. All three is very capable of taking out even the heaviest German tanks and tank destroyers.

~Zeke.

Yes but on multiplayer,which is what i was reffering to guys in my first comments,not single player,most people use the big German Tanks or russian tanks from the beginning.:-)

TLC
05-26-2009, 03:53 PM
Yes but on multiplayer,which is what i was reffering to guys in my first comments,not single player,most people use the big German Tanks or russian tanks from the beginning.:-) How can they get the big tanks from the beginning, there is a system whereby u get more money as the game progresses. It would take at least 10 mins or so to be getting Tigers or ISs, and there is no way they would be able to get their big tanks before u could get yours, except if u massively mismanaged your money. Morgoth u seem to be twisting the truth so you're still right, and not listening to anyone's arguments:mad:

Zeke Wolff
05-26-2009, 08:38 PM
Yes but on multiplayer,which is what i was reffering to guys in my first comments,not single player,most people use the big German Tanks or russian tanks from the beginning.:-)

And I am speaking about MP, not SP. I´ve been playing the game since the first beta was released in 2007 and I have played as UK, US, USSR and Germany several times and every nation is perfectly able to win a battle, you just have to use different tactics depending on which nation you are playing as. If you try to use front vs front assaults when playing as UK or US vs Germany, then you are most likely going to lose. With these two nations you got to flank the enemy. Even the much despised Sherman M4 is perfectly capable of taking out Jagdtigers, King Tigers etc with the flanking method.

~Zeke.

Morgoth
05-27-2009, 12:13 PM
How can they get the big tanks from the beginning, there is a system whereby u get more money as the game progresses. It would take at least 10 mins or so to be getting Tigers or ISs, and there is no way they would be able to get their big tanks before u could get yours, except if u massively mismanaged your money. Morgoth u seem to be twisting the truth so you're still right, and not listening to anyone's arguments:mad:

Some people wait,while maybe buying a few cheap units like riflemen or a flamer guy.:-)

One guy the other day playing as USA bought 1 rifle squad,then the next thing he bought,after a wait was a T29,which then waisted preaty much everything the germans sent against it.
In the same match another guy had bought about 20+ flamer guys which were hidden all in the town,on the Boccage map,& he waisted any attempt by german infantry to get close enough to the american tanks to waste them.

happy
05-28-2009, 06:32 AM

Somehow for me these kind of matches soon become boring and unexciting, as it follows the same pattern over and over..

send in a few riflemen or sniper if you can afford it, sneak ahead in order to spot then blast everything from afar with hvy tanks or hvy arty.

Funny is that you can sense a quiet time during battle when people are saving up for them.

As I love armoured units and all, I tend to do more infantry battles online nowadays, just because of this fact.
or the occassional no arty battles with 200-300 resources also make for some great battles!

Hoping that there will be a patch where a host can select which vehicles/tanks can and will be available.

Morgoth
05-28-2009, 01:03 PM
Somehow for me these kind of matches soon become boring and unexciting, as it follows the same pattern over and over..

send in a few riflemen or sniper if you can afford it, sneak ahead in order to spot then blast everything from afar with hvy tanks or hvy arty.

Funny is that you can sense a quiet time during battle when people are saving up for them.

As I love armoured units and all, I tend to do more infantry battles online nowadays, just because of this fact.
or the occassional no arty battles with 200-300 resources also make for some great battles!

Hoping that there will be a patch where a host can select which vehicles/tanks can and will be available.

Yes ive found that if as a host with just 'No Artillary' switched on,if you keep your army size level down to 100 or 120,it severely restricts people from buying to many big heavy tanks as it takes along time at this army size to save for them,which is a good thing,makes for much better battles.:-)

happy
05-28-2009, 07:50 PM
company strength / no arty / 350 resources / no refund in a town is one hell of a battle..

the battle lasted a good 60 minutes, during the last 15 the flanks fell of due to 2 deserters who left me and another gentlemen to face 4 german commanders.

sturmgeschutsche where seen also pak40 and other vehicles where pivotal in this town battle. 1 tiger was encountered but it did not have such heavy impact as it couldn't move so much around the destroyed town.

not a dull moment as both clashed in firefights!

One hell of a time with one of the greatest RTS games I have had the pleasure of playing!

special thx to everybody who made this great game!

S~ Happy

bigcracker
06-02-2009, 06:53 AM
IMO any army can win you just gotta learn how to use them...

happy
06-02-2009, 08:34 PM
IMO any army can win you just gotta learn how to use them...

true, but I try to aim to get more diversity and some great battles.
as with a lot of games, I see a lot of send soldiers sneaking ahead and let them spot, use heavy tanks or heavy arty to shoot. save till you have enough heavy stuff to roll on through. And that is after the first stage where one gets an armoured car asap and rush to the furtest flag.. most of these things I find are so predictable.. with lesser settings I see more tanks and other vehicles and towed guns being used along with infantry and a wider variety of tactics and this is quite good fun.

it's all what you wish your game to be really! For me a good game doesn't have to mean that one has to wipe the other of the map. it's where teamwork and some great battles are fought with ever moving battle lines.

:)

Morgoth
06-03-2009, 06:44 PM
true, but I try to aim to get more diversity and some great battles.
as with a lot of games, I see a lot of send soldiers sneaking ahead and let them spot, use heavy tanks or heavy arty to shoot. save till you have enough heavy stuff to roll on through. And that is after the first stage where one gets an armoured car asap and rush to the furtest flag.. most of these things I find are so predictable.. with lesser settings I see more tanks and other vehicles and towed guns being used along with infantry and a wider variety of tactics and this is quite good fun.

it's all what you wish your game to be really! For me a good game doesn't have to mean that one has to wipe the other of the map. it's where teamwork and some great battles are fought with ever moving battle lines.

:)

And people not camping spawn points or using artillary to fire constanly on spawn points or capture points like in the 'Victory Flag' mode which is just unplayable with artillary on as one or the other side just keeps firing on the capture point till one or both side's runs out of units.:-)

Evilsausage
06-04-2009, 12:53 AM
The key thing about victory flag is to not focus on it too much. But still make sure the enemy isnt allowed to dig in around it.
Just don't suicide rush the flag if you know your just gonna lose it a few secs later. (Unless they are close to reach 100% with it ofc)
Victory flag is more like a Combat game that prevents the enemy from hiding in a corner.

I agree that games that end up with a shitload of arty can be abit annoying. Tho there are ways to counter em. Either by getting your own arty or by trying to assault it.

CommanderOne
06-17-2009, 03:39 PM
IMO U.S is a very weak nations, turns out two T29 tanks and a tank destroyer(forgot the name, I think its M59 Slugger, I'm not sure) can't take down one King Tiger. :(

akito272
06-19-2009, 01:37 PM
The U.S has weak starting tanks. That´s the main fault in their sep up. Generaly speaking they got speed but lack firepower and armor(this is quite accurate). So a slug fest against germans or soviets is bad chooise.

Better to use a commander to spot and use Arty and the power of Firefly/pershing.

Mekushikurih
06-19-2009, 03:21 PM
sorry may i ask a question?

due to abscence of the game in my country.

in this game can we fight against allied forces with allied forces?

Morgoth
06-22-2009, 09:10 AM
sorry may i ask a question?

Due to abscence of the game in my country.

In this game can we fight against allied forces with allied forces?

yes!:-)