PDA

View Full Version : Chat Connection Failed

twb010
05-16-2009, 09:51 PM
When I try to play a game on the internet, I get past the login and it shows the lobby and starts to list servers, but then a dialog box comes up that says "Chat Connection Failed" and boots me back to the main menu.

Windows firewall is disabled and I do not have any other software firewalls. I've tried putting my computer in the DMZ and connecting directly to the modem, but neither attempt worked.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Generalul_Antonescu
07-02-2009, 02:57 PM
I have the same problem...i just bought the game today and i can't play it online !!!!

Nike-it
07-03-2009, 05:38 AM
I have the same problem...i just bought the game today and i can't play it online !!!!

Where did you buy your game?

KiloAlpha4
07-03-2009, 04:51 PM
don't play without a firewall up, I use windows firewall for gaming, otherwise you get a little gift from the net that you didn't want ;)

drakere
07-27-2009, 04:23 AM
I also have the same problem. I'm NOT running any firewalls or anything that might block connection. I bought the steam version and I do have the min specs. Please, I'm looking desperately for a fix. :confused:

drakere
08-03-2009, 10:06 PM
Bump.

JRP
08-08-2009, 06:26 PM
I also have the same problem. I'm NOT running any firewalls or anything that might block connection. I bought the steam version and I do have the min specs. Please, I'm looking desperately for a fix. :confused:

I have the Steam version, version is the latest one. I did get the same message. Checking firewall and anti-virus/anti-spyware revealed that the anti-virus/anti-spyware is configured to block any IRC communication (in this case GameSpy trying to establish IRC communication over port 6667). Entering an exception for mow.exe in the port-blocking rule solved the issue. McAfee is my anti-virus/-spyware software.

Good luck.
JRP

Haraldinho
02-02-2010, 04:24 PM
I have a retail version. Same problem. Solution?

Haraldinho
02-02-2010, 08:52 PM
...Entering an exception for mow.exe in the port-blocking rule solved the issue. McAfee is my anti-virus/-spyware software.

Good luck.
JRP

Hi JRP. I am not used to doing this things. Can u step for step explain how to get this done? I have got McAfee as well...

Lobster_Lord
11-01-2010, 09:11 AM
Right, this is very relivent to my interests.

Now.. I'm not a computer expert.. but I would love to be able to play this game online. To do that I see I need to add an exception to my firewall due to me getting the same "chat connection failed" error.

Sadly, I dont really know how to do this.

I have gone as far as turning my firewall off to solve the problem, to no avail.

I would really appreciate some help with this matter as I cant wait to get online.

tl;rd = Firewall needs something done to it; WAT DO?

EDIT: I run the basic windows firewall and MoW is already allowed through it.

I run the free AVG as well along with malware bites.

EDIT 2: after some more tweaking, I turned the windows firewall off and restarted MoW.

Suddenly everything was working.. HORRAY! so.. to see if the firewall was indeed at fault, i turned it back on in the middle of the multiplayer lobby. as soon as i typed something in the chat, it kicked me for chat connection failing.

So.. from what I can tell.. its been narrowed down to the windows firewall.

All I need now is for someone to tell me how to add an exception to this.