PDA

View Full Version : No editor for steam?

Cribban
05-15-2009, 02:17 PM
So I bought MoW over steam (love the game!) and I've been playing for awhile now. So yesterday I feelt like trying out the editor and make a map, here's where I ran into something strange.... The editor is nowhere to be found? I read somewhere that it ships with the game, is that right? Or is it that steam users get left out?

Sorry if this has been posted elsewere

Oliongo
05-15-2009, 02:50 PM
So I bought MoW over steam (love the game!) and I've been playing for awhile now. So yesterday I feelt like trying out the editor and make a map, here's where I ran into something strange.... The editor is nowhere to be found? I read somewhere that it ships with the game, is that right? Or is it that steam users get left out?

Sorry if this has been posted elsewere

I have the same problem, i bought the game on steam but map editor is no were to be found.
Please help quick :)

Oliongo

Gabe123
05-17-2009, 10:35 PM
Hi, just thought I'd chime in and say that I also have this same problem. I've looked all around in the men of war and steam folders and cannot find mow_editor.exe anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Morgoth
05-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Hi, just thought I'd chime in and say that I also have this same problem. I've looked all around in the men of war and steam folders and cannot find mow_editor.exe anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

LOL all you guys buying the steam version,laughing at us who bought the D2D version,hehe,now we have something to laugh at,cos we got the editor straight away with D2D version lol.:-)

SuchIsLife
05-21-2009, 02:20 AM
LOL all you guys buying the steam version,laughing at us who bought the D2D version,hehe,now we have something to laugh at,cos we got the editor straight away with D2D version lol.:-)
But the difference is we will get the editor and our problems will be solved. You will still have the same issues with D2D for a long time to come, :lol:

Nike-it
05-21-2009, 06:45 AM
GEM editor for steam version is included in the patch (1.11.3).

Morgoth
05-21-2009, 10:00 AM
In the attachment you will find the GEM editor, just extract it to MoW folder and run.

Git why didnt you make them wait a week or two like we had to for patch lol.:-)

SELER
05-21-2009, 01:08 PM
Die für den Programmstart erforderliche Lizenz ist nicht mehr gültig oder abgelaufen.

Bitte kontaktieren Sie den Softwareanbieter, um die Software upzudaten oder die Lizenz zu erweitern.

-------------

For the start required licnce is not more valid or is expired.

when i start mow_editor...

Bilko123
05-21-2009, 06:19 PM
Hi, I have Steam and I can't find the editor.

It's not in the steam directory, or in the tools section of Steam. It's quite unhelpful saying 'It comes with the patch'. How do you access it exactly?

Thanks.

Morgoth
05-21-2009, 07:54 PM
Hi, I have Steam and I can't find the editor.

It's not in the steam directory, or in the tools section of Steam. It's quite unhelpful saying 'It comes with the patch'. How do you access it exactly?

Thanks.

I would imagine it is in the C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Men of War,folder.:-)

Bilko123
05-21-2009, 09:48 PM
Hmm, for some readon Steam just decided to update (I was already on patch 1.11.3 and it's added 'Launch Editor' to the right click menu ^_^

SELER
05-22-2009, 06:12 AM
I would imagine it is in the C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Men of War,folder.:-)

Imagine is good but not enough to edit maps...

Bilko123
05-22-2009, 08:03 AM
:grin:

Right click the game in Steam, it should be there now :)