PDA

View Full Version : Airport mission - Allied?

whittaker6402
05-14-2009, 09:11 AM
OK, tried a few different approaches, to no avail...

Firstly, I assume this is not a stealth mission, as I cannot see any way of completing half of it without being caught, never mind finish it; and

How best do you approach it. From where do you concentrate your attack?

HELP!!!!

Thanks guys

Leutnant_von_Hausman
05-23-2009, 03:03 PM
Hmm, that depends which part of the mission you're talking about.

Taking out the MGs, you can be as noisy as you want. I found taking the first couple out the hardest, as once youve done the two very close to each other, you can pretty much grenade or flank the rest very easily.

For the second part of the mission, I thought about stealthing it, and did for a limited time. It's possible, if you avoid the sentries, to sneak all the way around the base, (with all your men), until you are behind the last hanger before the two tanks (note that one of your secondary objectives is to capture a tank?). There's also one of those really light armoured cars here.

What I then did is snuck most of my men into the little watery bit, who then opened fire on the flak and the men guarding it, whilst sending two to get the armoured car, and one to go get the tank. THe tank is actually badly damaged, so you need to repair it (this is why the rest of your men are a) needed, and b) behind it). If you can take out the men around the flak, and the carbon copy of your own AC that turns up, you should be able to get the tank repaired wihout too much hassle. Once its fixed, use is gun to kill all the planes, remember that there is a Pak outside the HQ, so find some way to disable it, and the rest of the mission ought to be a cake-walk from here.