PDA

View Full Version : Does EVGA have exclusive to new PhysX patch?

shaq
05-14-2009, 04:23 AM
EVGA is giving away free copies of Cryostasis if you buy one of their video cards and it already has the Physx patch built in. Yes they already have had it for a week now. Check the links. Is it going to be released for people who already purchased the game or is it an exclusive to EVGA? Or is the exclusive for a limited time?

http://www.evga.com/articles/00471/

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=129325&page=12

Nike-it
05-14-2009, 06:31 AM
EVGA is giving away free copies of Cryostasis if you buy one of their video cards and it already has the Physx patch built in. Yes they already have had it for a week now. Check the links. Is it going to be released for people who already purchased the game or is it an exclusive to EVGA? Or is the exclusive for a limited time?

http://www.evga.com/articles/00471/

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=129325&page=12

It will be released for public use, but a bit later. The exact date is not confirmed yet.

Gandalf Greyhelm
05-14-2009, 08:09 AM
It will be released for public use, but a bit later. The exact date is not confirmed yet.

Unfreaking believable! :roll:

So the patch is ready - available to a selected few - and nobody, including the admins - can tell everybody else (whose hard - earned cash is sitting pretty in the company's account) - when they will be allowed to have it?

Whoever is responsible for public relations should be sacked.

Although judging by the lack of public relations maybe there's no-one to be sacked?

G. G.

BAXTER STOCKMAN
05-14-2009, 08:42 AM

What improvements will the pacth bring into the game???

Nike-it
05-14-2009, 08:51 AM
What improvements will the pacth bring into the game???

It will bring new PhysX features. Like in the PhysX demo.

CheapAssGamer
05-14-2009, 12:37 PM
It will bring new PhysX features. Like in the PhysX demo.

So the ATi performance improvements will be a different patch?

ZIGS
05-14-2009, 05:02 PM
So let me get this straight: first, you promise a patch to improve performance months ago and so far, it's nowhere to be seen. Then you come up with another patch to incorporate more physx features. Then you make that patch only available to an "elite" who buys a card from EVGA, with others getting it later. All this while the poor bastards who STILL can't run the game decently are waiting for the so-called performance patch, which was promised MONTHS ago.

Is this how 1C usually conducts business? Because if it is, then I'll think twice the next time I buy a product from them

modar
05-14-2009, 07:32 PM
this is outrageous! :mad: we get a wink and a promise, and if you buy evga video card you get the driver.:confused: THIS IS WRONG!

CheapAssGamer
05-15-2009, 03:46 PM
This is definately frustrating. The way that 1c has dealt with this is quite irritating as someone who bought the game and would love to play it how the developers intended.

dvddxr
05-15-2009, 09:04 PM

I registered just to comment on this..

I pirated the game and because I liked it so much AND based on the fact that I checked out the forums and heard a patch was on the way I went out and bought a legal copy.

Never again will I buy a 1C game if this is how you treat paying customers.

I should have just kept my money and played the cracked game.

ZIGS
05-15-2009, 09:55 PM
I am with dvddxr 100%. I also pirated the game first and bought it later (it actually arrived today, ordered it the Friday before). I do not regret buying it because firstly, it was cheap (£16 on dvd.co.uk) and second because this kind of game deserves to be supported, I don't want to live in a world where there's only Gears of Wars and Halos. But yeah, I am very disappointed with 1C/Action Forms' support

JuggernautOfWar
05-16-2009, 12:50 AM
I registered just to comment on this..

I pirated the game and because I liked it so much AND based on the fact that I checked out the forums and heard a patch was on the way I went out and bought a legal copy.

Never again will I buy a 1C game if this is how you treat paying customers.

I should have just kept my money and played the cracked game.

This.

knacki99
05-16-2009, 06:40 AM
Be it Kings Bounty The Legend, Men of War or Cryostasis: 1C support is slow, unresponsive, not listening to user reports and requests and actual bug reports are discarded as minor issues of a select few.

Kings Bounty Legend suffers from repeated crash issues related to Vista DEP and DirectX. This has not been fixed although it is a known issue and a real stopper since almost half a year.

Men of War Patch 1.11.3 has been delayed like nearly 2 months again and again although it was ready because internal communication and developer relation management obviously are not managed as well as they could be. Players needs and wishes played no role.

and now Cryostasis - while sure a good game this whole tech demo discussion is a bit strange. Why a tech demo if the game does not have the same effects? Probably on Nvidia's request though. The exclusive deal with EVGA however is outrageous as it discriminates proper retail customers over EVGA customers.

This is a punch in the face. I for one will certainly think twice before I buy another 1C product again!

a1k3m1
05-17-2009, 12:31 PM
maybe we should all just pirod 1C games until they learn to acturally start caring about the users. Once they dont make anymore sales they will do something about it. If not then they deserve to go bust

FreonTrip
05-17-2009, 01:15 PM
Or it may just be possible that they're a small publisher working with small development houses, and that the scale of operations means that complex projects like patches simply take longer - QA in particular. EVGA probably paid some money to get an exclusive patch out the door; money from that could very easily go toward funding work on a patch that incorporates better performance and bug fixes in addition to the added physics effects.

The allure of 4chan RAEG is strong, but remaining levelheaded is definitely the way to go.

knacki99
05-18-2009, 01:13 PM
Or it may just be possible that they're a small publisher working with small development houses, and that the scale of operations means that complex projects like patches simply take longer - QA in particular. EVGA probably paid some money to get an exclusive patch out the door; money from that could very easily go toward funding work on a patch that incorporates better performance and bug fixes in addition to the added physics effects.

The allure of 4chan RAEG is strong, but remaining levelheaded is definitely the way to go.

I would bet a months salary that NVIDIA paid for the development of the PHYSX patch - not 1C.

Oli-Wan
05-26-2009, 07:27 AM
So, when will we see this patch?

Nike-it
05-26-2009, 09:41 AM
Soon;)

rrohde
05-26-2009, 11:14 AM
I am also waiting for the patch. I only played the demo, and the full game is installed now, but I haven't really started it yet. I will get into the full version of the game as soon as the patch is available.

JuggernautOfWar
05-26-2009, 11:08 PM
I am also waiting for the patch. I only played the demo, and the full game is installed now, but I haven't really started it yet. I will get into the full version of the game as soon as the patch is available.

This.

I'll bet it will come out early next month. I'll bet the EVGA thing is for this month only.