PDA

View Full Version : Men of War Vista 64 not working

gvmba
05-13-2009, 06:19 PM
Downloaded the Demo version and it works fine on my system but once I purchased the Steam Version I cant get passed the intro, I hear the audio track playing in the background but all I get is a black screen, I try ctrl-alt-del and nothing I have to hard boot the system, I tried it with a boxed copy afterwards and still nothing. Any ideas? I have had the problem of having to run some games in windowed mode, but I cant even force windowed on this game. Now I have two copies and still cant play.

Vista Ultimate 64
Intel Core 2 1.87ghz
Ati Radeon x1600
3gig Ram
1.5 TB HD

Morgoth
05-13-2009, 06:43 PM
Downloaded the Demo version and it works fine on my system but once I purchased the Steam Version I cant get passed the intro, I hear the audio track playing in the background but all I get is a black screen, I try ctrl-alt-del and nothing I have to hard boot the system, I tried it with a boxed copy afterwards and still nothing. Any ideas? I have had the problem of having to run some games in windowed mode, but I cant even force windowed on this game. Now I have two copies and still cant play.

Vista Ultimate 64
Intel Core 2 1.87ghz
Ati Radeon x1600
3gig Ram
1.5 TB HD

Simple answer,here is the minimum specks of MOW,

Minimum

Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP SP3 / Windows Vista SP1 — This product does not support Windows 95/98/ME/2000/NT or XP x64/Vista x64!
Processor: Intel® Pentium 4 3.0 GHz or AMD™ Athlon™ 64 3000+
Memory: XP – 1 GB RAM / Vista – 2 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 6.5 GB + 1 GB Swap File
Video Card: 3D Hardware Accelerator Card Required – 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 128 MB Video Memory. ATI® Radeon® 9600 or Nvidia® GeForce® 5900
Sound Card: DirectX® 9.0c compatible sound card
DirectX® Version: DirectX® 9.0c
Network:
Internet(TCP/IP) or LAN play supported
Internet play requires broadband connection and latest drivers
LAN play requires network interface card with latest drivers

If you notice in the top section its say's Does Not Support Windows 95/98/ME/2000/NT or XP x64/Vista x64!,sorry bud.:-)

battlesign
05-14-2009, 12:36 AM
works fine on my vista 64. im guessing there is something else here. have you posted in the support section?

and the DMS forums have more activity for MoW:

http://digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewforum.php?f=8

Morgoth
05-14-2009, 01:17 AM
works fine on my vista 64. im guessing there is something else here. have you posted in the support section?

and the DMS forums have more activity for MoW:

http://digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewforum.php?f=8

Maybe you just think your system is Vista 64,do you know for sure lol.:-)