PDA

View Full Version : Game locks up PC

searry
05-13-2009, 08:16 AM
I have posted here about this before and have sent an email about this, they sent me what looks like a standard email back on things to try. I have tried everything I can think of to fix this game. I wanted to do some sort of check list to help me and others.

This is the list they sent in their email:

1. install all updates for your Windows - (via Microsoft update service in Start menu) No Change
2. update your DirectX. Use utility I attached. Extract the archive, run the file and let it do udpate. No Change
3. uninstall your current graphics card driver, restart your PC into safe mode and use DriverSweeper

utility to delete any remains left after previous graphics card drivers. To boot into safe mode, press F8 during booting and select "boot in safe mode". When you run DriverSweeper utility, select Nvidia - Display, click Analyze, then Clean. Restart you PC again, normally. Then install this latest driver

for your graphics card. No Change
4. Scan your PC for possible viruses/malware/spyware (make sure your cleaning programs are up-to-date) No Change
5. Check your hard disk with Windows scandisk program, for possible disk errors. No Change
6. Disable any file scanning applications that run on your PC, before installing and running the game (antivirus, antispyware, firewall, etc.) No Change
7. Defragment your hard disk No Change
8. Check temperature of your CPU, graphics card and chipset and see if they aren`t overheating. Also, open your PC case and get rid of any dust from any coolers you find in there (especially graphics card and CPU cooler). No Change
9. If you overclocked any of your hardware, set its clocks/values back to default. No Change
10. Delete content of your TEMP folder. Click Start - Run. Type %TEMP% into the command line and hit Enter. Delete all files and folders here. You will not be able to delete some of them, this is normal. Just skip them. No Change
11. Try reinstalling the game, to different folder than before. Do not install the game to \Windows directory or to the root of your system disk. No Change
12. Disable all background applications and processes that run on your system, before launching the game. Here is how to do this:
# Click Start menu -> Run
# Type in MSCONFIG and hit Enter
# Click on "Startup" tab
# Deselect all the tick boxes
# click on Apply, then close. No Change
13. Dual/Quad core CPUs are supported by the game, but try running the game with one core your CPU only, just for testing purpose. Here is how to do this:

1. Launch the game into main menu
2. Use Alt+Tab to switch back to desktop
3. Run task manager (ctrl+shift+escape) and click on "Processes" tab
4. Here, you should see something like "necrovision.exe" in the list. Right click on it with your mouse button and click "Set affinity"
5. Leave only one core checked (uncheck others) and click OK.
6. Alt+Tab back to the game and continue playing. No Change

14. install latest driver for your sound card and motherboard`s chipset (uninstall current drivers first) No Change

I was hoping that the patch would fix this problem, having bought the game when it was first released, not being able to play, then waiting an age for a patch that I thought would fix this but hasn't. This has to be an issue with the game itself as I'm able to play any other game and not have this problem, which also includes Soldiers and Faces of War. The email I got back basically said that it was the state of my PC that was probably to blame, not that they are trying to pass the buck or anything. I have sent another email back, but got the reply that they wouldn't be able to help as the one guy who deals with these issue is away on business until the 18th May, I didn't relise that this was a one man show. But if I did have business with them I could still email them anything else related they wouldn't answer until then, then again they've banked my money so why care?.

To anyone at this company, I have an idea. If you release a game, make it a stable game. If you can't do this then release a patch to make it work. If you can't do this then employ more than one person to deal with technical issues. If you can't do this, then at least tell the customers that you have released an unstable game with no clue as of yet on how to fix it, even though it has been several months, and you can now use the game as a door wedge, thanks for your money and hope to take more money from you in the future for another non-working product.:rolleyes: