PDA

View Full Version : Some design questions

Lehman
05-11-2009, 04:10 AM
1 Why so many prototype tanks? If you're worried about Germans having an advantage, why not just offset it with unit prices?

2 If you are going to hand out prototype super tanks, maybe the Germans should get a Ratte. It only makes sense to include that vehicle along with the IS3 and Turtle.

I hate people that complain about games for realism, but I don't see a reason to add these super tanks that stalemate games. If they feel they had to balance out the king tiger, just offset it with a price or, better yet, totally exclude that armored behemoth from the game. It seems to me that the high points of games come from the middle game where realistic tanks are available and used. Then the prototype super tank rolls and out and it becomes a game of who's brick wall will kill the others brick wall first.

Buhler
05-11-2009, 04:13 AM
I cannot agree with this more. It's so disheartening to see a game going on with a well-mixed force of infantry and armor only to see a single player's go silent for 20 minutes and then have a ridiculously overpowered super-tank roll out and completely ruin the game.

bigcracker
05-11-2009, 04:23 PM
I cannot agree with this more. It's so disheartening to see a game going on with a well-mixed force of infantry and armor only to see a single player's go silent for 20 minutes and then have a ridiculously overpowered super-tank roll out and completely ruin the game.

Then watch him b***h and cry cause my 8 point anti tank man just killed him in one shot. :cool:

A good player doesnt let 1 unit control the game,there has been so many games i played where the german team would mass KT's,panzers and everything else only to get beat down by hellcats,zook troopers,and the cheapest and lightest tanks.Flanking is your friend never bunker down.

Buhler
05-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Flanking is almost impossible to do when you have a tank with 4 MGs watching every direction.

Doesn't even matter. I always use a good mix of regular infantry and rocket troopers, as well as artillery, and just last night I saw an IS-3 stand four rockets, two rocket artillery barrages, and two flanking maneuvers containing both German heavy armor and storm troopers. There is no exaggeration here, it's ridiculous how much you have to throw at these things just to knock them out, not even permanently destroy them.