PDA

View Full Version : Only five stacks?

St!gar
05-10-2009, 02:40 AM
Well, I'm playing the demo, and as it is, I can only have five stacks in my army. This isn't really a problem, but it does kind of hinder me from trying out all the different creatures you can buy. Why would I ever want to buy a stack of Sea Dogs, for example, when it means I'm going to have to ditch my 31-man stack of Swordsmen to make room for them? Also, it kind of prevents you from being able to accept when friendly units offers to join you, because you don't have any room for them unless they are creatures you already have. And to make it worse, once you have declined them, they permanently disappear for some retarded reason. :confused:

So, I wonder if you can get more "room" in your army, by leveling up, for example? And if not, is there a place to store soldiers you decide you don't need for the moment, with the option to pick them up later?

And lastly, does the game have a manual somewhere?

Metathron
05-10-2009, 09:09 AM
Actually, sea dogs are better than swordsmen. :-P

Yes, you can drop any armies you want in any (friendly) town. There are three empty spaces in each.

Also, the Mind skill tree offers a skill called Reserve, which enables you to have two extra stacks (off-battle only).

There is a manual but it is in Russian, though you can translate it with Google.

Inso
05-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Actually, sea dogs are better than swordsmen. :-P

Yes, you can drop any armies you want in any (friendly) town. There are three empty spaces in each.

Also, the Mind skill tree offers a skill called Reserve, which enables you to have two extra stacks (off-battle only).

There is a manual but it is in Russian, though you can translate it with Google.

I would say the best place for most information in the manual can be found on Gamebanshee now... which is in correct english!

Ryastar
05-10-2009, 01:21 PM
I would say the best place for most information in the manual can be found on Gamebanshee now... which is in correct english!

But also, unfortunately has some incorrect info. So far, I've noticed that it shows some troop stats incorrectly. Basically, I would advise only using gamebanshee as a rough guide, and not as a manual.

St!gar
05-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Thanks for all the replies. Two quick questions: where do you garrison stacks in he demo? I can't seem to find anywhere. Also, how do you split one big stack into several smaller ones?

Zuvio
05-10-2009, 05:20 PM
Thanks for all the replies. Two quick questions: where do you garrison stacks in he demo? I can't seem to find anywhere. Also, how do you split one big stack into several smaller ones?

Castles only, in the small army slots beneath the buyable troops. To split an army use shift click.

Metathron
05-10-2009, 05:21 PM
I haven't played the demo, but there should be three spots in the lower left corner of each castle.

St!gar
05-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Thanks! It worked.