PDA

View Full Version : Blackouts (Demo)

KEITH1437
05-09-2009, 10:49 PM
Hi. I've been playing the demo recently and I'm almost convinced to get the game. But there is one issue that is holding me back. I randomly get to points where the video cuts out entirely. Alt+tab seems to fix it but it says my display driver had an issue or something. It's not even when there is alot going on, sometimes I'll just open a door and it will happen. Is this a issue in the full game too? It seems to happen when I have PhysX on only. Here are my specs:

Manufacturer:
Dell Inc.
Processor:
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory:
6078MB RAM
Hard Drive:
1 TB
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
Operating System:
Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080917-1612)

Is my card good enough to run it with PhysX on? Also is there going to be a patch for multi-core support? Thanks.

Nike-it
05-12-2009, 07:23 AM
Hi. I've been playing the demo recently and I'm almost convinced to get the game. But there is one issue that is holding me back. I randomly get to points where the video cuts out entirely. Alt+tab seems to fix it but it says my display driver had an issue or something. It's not even when there is alot going on, sometimes I'll just open a door and it will happen. Is this a issue in the full game too? It seems to happen when I have PhysX on only. Here are my specs:

Manufacturer:
Dell Inc.
Processor:
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory:
6078MB RAM
Hard Drive:
1 TB
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
Operating System:
Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080917-1612)

Is my card good enough to run it with PhysX on? Also is there going to be a patch for multi-core support? Thanks.

Well, the demo was developed for high end video cards and yours is not the one for good performance. By the way did you install all needed drivers (for video card and PhysX patch)?