PDA

View Full Version : How To Fix Cryostasis Crashes

Astrat
05-08-2009, 08:36 PM
I have been trying to get this game to run for over a week now. I had contacted Aspyr support and they were of no help. They never answered my e-mail support request through their web site so I called them and they said they would send me a new exe to try but they never did.

So I was out of options and started thinking about the game...The Witcher.

This game also had similar issues and I found a fix for it. So I figure why not try the fix on Cryostasis. It worked.

Mind you that I was never able to get the game to do anything. When I ran the game nothing happened...I mean nothing no video ,sound, nothing. Just my normal desktop and I would find the exe running in my Task Manager.(see my other thread)
It goes beyond my reason that with so many issues why can't the publisher fix the friggin game.

So here it is...good luck.

How to Fix Vista 32-bit Crashes

Open the Command prompt
as Administrator in Vista
(Start > All Programs > Accessories > right click Command Prompt > Choose run as Administrator)

Enter BCDEDIT /set IncreaseUserVa 2800
Restart the computer
and start Cryostasis

Detailed Explanation of the above

On a 32-bit system the maximum amount of address space is set by the value of “IncreaseUserVa”. Now the default value of IncreaseUserVa is set to 2048MB. The allowed values for IncreaseUserVa are 2048-3072MB. By increasing the amount of address space available for Cryostasis, we can prevent it from crashing.

I recommend that you set the value back to 2048MB after you are done playing the game.

In addition to the above steps make sure you have KB940105 update from Microsoft installed