PDA

View Full Version : I am so confused about what patch to download.

bloomstomb
05-08-2009, 06:52 PM
I am having some serious issues. I downloaded the game from direct2drive.com.

According to direct2drive, the publisher is aspyr, and the developer is bestway.

However when I start up the game it is located in the aspyr directory, and to boot when the game starts 1c and DMS are mentioned as well as aspyr, and bestway.

After getting the runaround on how to update the game, I have to say, this certainly is NOT the "Bestway" to get everyone on the same page (and patch).

Noone seems to be using the same patch. When I try and download the "official" patch, it tells me I have the wrong game. What am I supposed to do? How can there be so many developers and publishers for the same goddamn game? COme on guys get it together. This is embarassing for every company involved imo.

Ive tried to download the "aspyr" patch and the game just crashes.

PLEASE, anyone, someone help. I am now using the "unofficial patch" but still cant get into 80% of the other games because they are either on a different patch or behind a "nat" that i cant "negotiate with".

On top of that I am no longer able to play singleplayer but CAN play multiplayer with SOME people.

So seriously... whats up?

Oh and this is the choices I had to look at before finding out not one of them work.

* 505 Games (Multilanguage) (98.2 Mb)
* 505 Games (German) (97.8 Mb)
* Aspyr (80.6 Mb)
* 1C Asia-Pacific (97.6 Mb)
* Gamersgate (97.5 Mb)
* Metaboli (120 Mb)

Just lol.

BTW THE GAME IS 10/10 imo. Except the voices. Wow terrible on those. Still should have gotten better reviews.

fldash
05-08-2009, 07:17 PM
There is no patch for the D2D version yet, don't download any of them. Hopefully next week.

Morgoth
05-11-2009, 08:06 PM
There is no patch for the D2D version yet, don't download any of them. Hopefully next week.

What gets me is there is still no news from D2D,they dont seem interested in anything other than selling games,if you look at there patch pages,there are a number of games that have several patches released on the same day which suggests they have a 'lets do aload of patches' day each month & they dont let anything interfere with the fact that customers are not happy.:-)

Ossian
05-12-2009, 03:40 PM
I have no clue what version of the patch I should download, I downloaded one but when I clicked on the EXE it crashes saying I'm missing a DLL.

I have Best way/505/1c version.

Morgoth
05-12-2009, 06:40 PM
I have no clue what version of the patch I should download, I downloaded one but when I clicked on the EXE it crashes saying I'm missing a DLL.

I have Best way/505/1c version.

Think that means you need to reinstall directx again which comes with game,then it should be ok.:-)

amoult
05-13-2009, 02:33 PM
I'm also confused which patch I should download. I have boxed version from cdwow: http://www.cdwow.com/games/Windows/Men-Of-War/product/view/6519149

However my box cover does not say 505 Games as in store picture..
Nor does it say Aspyr, 1C Asia-Pacific, Gamersgate or Metaboli either.

It only has Best way and 1c Logos on the front.

So which patch should I download? Current version is 1.022.1

On the side note, it's really retarded to create different patch for all different distributions. :-x Why not make patch installer which looks up which version you have? or better yet in-game patcher.

Could you please at least write instructions to patch download page how you can make out which version you have!

If my friends gets the game from Steam, is there any hope we can play together online or is that yet again totally different version?

edit

I did try all versions except the german one which I'm sure I don't have. All of them gave error that I have wrong version! Except Aspyr patch which just gave runtime error..

Edit
There is a 'Proudly Distributed by Newera' sticker on the back. Should there be separate patch for that?

bugmenot
05-13-2009, 03:14 PM
Amoult: I have the same version as you, and we don't have a patch yet.

See this thread: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=7437

I talked to 1C EU support via email, and they confirm it, we just have to wait.

There isn't a patch out yet for 1C EU retail box, D2D download, or GoLoader.com downloads. There may be other unpatched versions also, but I haven't seen or heard of them. Too many distributors :(
________
starcraft II replays (http://screplays.com)

Morgoth
05-13-2009, 05:57 PM
I'm also confused which patch I should download. I have boxed version from cdwow: http://www.cdwow.com/games/Windows/Men-Of-War/product/view/6519149

However my box cover does not say 505 Games as in store picture..
Nor does it say Aspyr, 1C Asia-Pacific, Gamersgate or Metaboli either.

It only has Best way and 1c Logos on the front.

So which patch should I download? Current version is 1.022.1

On the side note, it's really retarded to create different patch for all different distributions. :-x Why not make patch installer which looks up which version you have? or better yet in-game patcher.

Could you please at least write instructions to patch download page how you can make out which version you have!

If my friends gets the game from Steam, is there any hope we can play together online or is that yet again totally different version?

edit

I did try all versions except the german one which I'm sure I don't have. All of them gave error that I have wrong version! Except Aspyr patch which just gave runtime error..

Edit
There is a 'Proudly Distributed by Newera' sticker on the back. Should there be separate patch for that?

On the plus side there shouldnt be a delay once all the first patches are out for all the distributors,because the main delay is due to different companies having different pirate protection & cd key facilities,but once thats all incorparated into the first patch,they can easily put it in other later patches,& yes there is no problem,(once the first patch is out on all versions),playing online whatever version you bought.:-)

amoult
05-19-2009, 01:52 PM
Some new patches have arrived to the web page:
* Aspyr (80.6 Mb)
* Gamersgate (97.5 Mb)
* Metaboli (120 Mb)
* Cenega (89.1 Mb)
* Direct 2 Drive (88.3 Mb)
* Game Agent (Digital River) (87.1 Mb)

Is any of these for newera distributed version?

Nike-it
05-19-2009, 02:02 PM
Some new patches have arrived to the web page:
* Aspyr (80.6 Mb)
* Gamersgate (97.5 Mb)
* Metaboli (120 Mb)
* Cenega (89.1 Mb)
* Direct 2 Drive (88.3 Mb)
* Game Agent (Digital River) (87.1 Mb)

Is any of these for newera distributed version?

The patch for your version should be released during this week.

amoult
05-27-2009, 09:51 AM
The patch for your version should be released during this week.

should..didn't. Any news on this?

Nike-it
05-27-2009, 09:56 AM

The patch is in testing now.

Nike-it
06-18-2009, 07:42 AM

The patch is released.
You will find the link here: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=7937