PDA

View Full Version : about rage regeneration...

chap
05-08-2009, 01:34 AM
First of all, since this is my 1st post, I'd like to thank the developers for this really GREAT game! I've already finished it once as a paladin (normal), but started again as a warrior (hard), and then I'm thinking of mage (impossible). I just want to play all 3 classes...

So, I was searching this forum in order to find any interesting ideas on how to develop my new character/ how to play the game this time, when I read a post saying that rage stops regenerating after round 20 of a battle. The thing is, in the game I finished, I had bought the Pain Scull after defeating Karador, and I was trying to upgrade it, but the minus 50% of mana really bothered me, so I decided it was a good idea to buy the Rage Predator (I had found it in a shop in Demonis but hadn't thought it was something I'd use by that moment), and started to fight with both the above items equiped... I fought a lot of battles which extended to more than 100-150 rounds in order to ressurect all of my fallen, or even get more of them through Sacrfice, mainly by using the Rage Predator's ability to turn Rage into Mana... and I clearly remember that rage regenerated up until the end of the battle!

So, why did that happen in my game? Was it maybe because I had the Rage Predator? Any clues?

-thanx in advance-

Ryastar
05-08-2009, 03:35 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by rage regeneration, so let me clarify what stops after 20 rounds:

-no more mana regen from concentration skill or mana regen items
-no more rage gain from attacking, ie. you gain no rage when one troop attacks another or other usual rage gain from a troop getting damaged

What doesn't stop is rage or mana gain from spells, rage abilities, monster abilities or item effects other than mana regen.

So, were you getting mana from attacking, or just from things like rage draining, chargers, or inquisitor's holy anger?

Oh, and 100-150 rounds?!?!?!??!?!?!? Good Lord you have an incredible amount of patience!

chap
05-08-2009, 04:11 AM
Well, I wasn't attacking, I got rage from being attacked though (the ranged or no-retaliation stacks I let live attacked the dryad-produced thorns surrounding them - also casting Kamikaze damaging 7 of my thorn-stacks, each time one of my stacks suffered damage I gained 1 rage)

I have some patience but not an incredible amount, those were tedious battles but for the most part it was only pressing D (or clicking Defend) all the time until I had enough Mana to sacrifice/ressurect.

The funny thing is that I never got the Dead Scull to 0%:eek: It was at about 12% when I finished the game... I could have gotten it to zero, but it would be useful only for very little battles left, and when I reached Murock I didn't feel like going back to the Labyrinth to finish it, I just wanted to finish the game...

Vilk
05-08-2009, 11:53 AM
100 turns or rounds? 100 turns seems a lot, myself I haven't find the trick to make it that long (not that I really want because it destroys the gameplay fun). That doesn't work with long range because they don't attack the closer target and I cannot guess on what unit I could cast magic spring.

Also after many turns I believed have quote you don't get anymore rage even with death.

Razorflame
05-08-2009, 02:14 PM
omg 100 rounds? incredible..

chap
05-08-2009, 03:58 PM
omg 100 rounds? incredible..

What would you say if I told you I played a battle for 400 rounds? :eek:
Not exactly something I'm proud of, I just wanted to make an experiment and see how long I could take it, but of course it could go on forever...

So, no-one knows why my rage regenerated by being attacked? My version of the game is 1.6.4 if that matters...

Elwin
05-08-2009, 04:23 PM
because rage generates by being attacked , thats absolutely normal

chap
05-08-2009, 04:46 PM
because rage nereates by being attacked , thats absolutely normal

Ah, ok thank you, from what I read I thought it wasn't normal

... or other usual rage gain from a troop getting damaged

Ryastar
05-08-2009, 05:34 PM
because rage nereates by being attacked , thats absolutely normal

not after 20 rounds.

@chap, I think it might have to do with the game version, try patching the game, and then see if it still happens. I do advise getting the patch in general as well, cause it fixes some issues as well as updating a few game mechanics.

Elwin
05-08-2009, 06:25 PM
Well i cant confirm that just my battles are barely more than 10 rounds, i dont understand how poeple can play 100 round battles ...

chap
05-08-2009, 07:22 PM
not after 20 rounds.

@chap, I think it might have to do with the game version, try patching the game, and then see if it still happens. I do advise getting the patch in general as well, cause it fixes some issues as well as updating a few game mechanics.

I re-played a battle where I had the Pain Scull but not the Rage Predator. The rage kept coming from being attacked after round 20, even if the message after "Round 20 begins" clearly stated that I can't restore Rage anymore. So I guess it's a bug in my game...

Which patch do you people recommend? Cause I think I read some negative comments about some patches...

Well i cant confirm that just my battles are barely more than 10 rounds, i dont understand how poeple can play 100 round battles ...

And I don't understand why some people say nonsense about things they have no knowledge, leading to confusing others instead of being helpful.

Vilk
05-08-2009, 10:01 PM
I re-played a battle where I had the Pain Scull but not the Rage Predator. The rage kept coming from being attacked after round 20, even if the message after "Round 20 begins" clearly stated that I can't restore Rage anymore. So I guess it's a bug in my game...

Which patch do you people recommend? Cause I think I read some negative comments about some patches...

I'm not sure the rule is that simple that after round 20 there's no more rage increase from attack. No more from normal attack even if it causes death, I'm sure I quoted it but that doesn't mean that a critical doesn't or some combination of stack death/critical or some item.

I'm using the version 1.7 and sometimes when trying to restore a stack or something so perhaps above round 10 or even 20, I quoted attack not giving any rage with a warrior and rage skills to max, then one round generate a little bit of rage. And no it wasn't unit death or not.

EDIT: If you want infinite rage just use Inquisitor they have a skill that provides 5-10 rage and this skill regenerates. So even with a patched version you can do 100 rounds if the situation allows it.

chap
05-09-2009, 04:16 PM
I re-played a battle without the Pain Scull or the Rage Predator. The rage kept coming from being attacked after round 20. Each and every hit I suffered gave me +1 rage. I think the death of a stack gave me more.
I haven't seen a fix for such a bug (if it is a bug) in a patch though, or such a bug report. If anyone else has, please let me know.
However, this bug (if it is a bug) is a minor one. There are surely better ways to achieve infinite rage and mana than what I described. But I think all the other methods have some requirements (eg you have to have Inquisitors, or the living enemy must be able to live through a Rage Draining or a Green Dragon's mana draining etc) while this one doesn't require any (other than having the Rage Predator equiped)