PDA

View Full Version : Advice to improve multiplayer game

PDS001Sniper
05-07-2009, 12:51 AM
For me, the most bothering me in the multiplayer is the waiting : (

Here are some advice though:

1. players can join the game when it in progress. ( of course the players don't need to press the "ready", and the game will start by the host.)

2. for somebody who don't want the players to join while in the progress, the host can simply turn off the setting in the room options.

3. The balance system, the side who have less players, then the AI will automatic move the player who want to john while in the room to another side. ( when the game started, the players are no longer change side, because it will disordered the strategy while in the gameplay)

happy
05-07-2009, 10:28 AM
Maybe add an option of being able to select a certain time period so that one gets the tanks from that era. Thus eliminate the quest for I only wish to play that nation cause it gives me the heaviest armoured tank.

An option between infantry only and all vehicles.

;)

Morgoth
05-12-2009, 07:18 PM
Maybe add an option of being able to select a certain time period so that one gets the tanks from that era. Thus eliminate the quest for I only wish to play that nation cause it gives me the heaviest armoured tank.

An option between infantry only and all vehicles.

;)

There already is an option for infantry only & all vehicles,& also no artillary to.

The other idea though interesting is flawed for one reason,it would technically only apply to the coop game,as the other game modes online arnt based on any particular year,although you could split all available units into the 6 years of war i suppose & only allow units if you choose from 1 to 6 of the years of the war,BUT where would that leave the vehicles like the JS3,Centurion Tank,& others that wernt actualy available at all in ww2,i suppose you could add an,allow non ww2 vehicles option.:-)

P.S.Another problem i see is USSR didnt even join WW2 till 1941,& it was nearer to 1942 when USA joined so how would that effect battle's say based in 1939 to early 1941 when choosing what vehicles & troops to allow.

happy
05-13-2009, 06:26 PM
I can see your point morgoth.

I was just thinking about a more balanced authentic experience online.
Where one battles it out with tanks of that era.

A lot of time I seem to notice that everybody goes for the biggest tank, even if they never saw action until late late WWII or even after that.

infantry only is nice, yet adding some vehicles and tanks would be nice to have as support.

But that is just something I would like to see but realise that it might never happen.

somethings are just to compelling to use in order to win..

flamethrower infantry....
huge armoured tank slugfests.

Morgoth
05-13-2009, 06:58 PM
I can see your point morgoth.

I was just thinking about a more balanced authentic experience online.
Where one battles it out with tanks of that era.

A lot of time I seem to notice that everybody goes for the biggest tank, even if they never saw action until late late WWII or even after that.

infantry only is nice, yet adding some vehicles and tanks would be nice to have as support.

But that is just something I would like to see but realise that it might never happen.

somethings are just to compelling to use in order to win..

flamethrower infantry....
huge armoured tank slugfests.

You could solve that problem with a,Allow Light,Medium or Heavy Tanks or SPG's only option.

Even better you could allow game servers to have a click box for each units they want to allow on combat games mode,like they have in games like red orchestra,where you can decide which weapons are allowed or not,then each server has control as to what units are available.
If you've noticed in the 1 player game they do that anyhow.

Morgoth
05-17-2009, 02:31 PM
Why not have a HQ mode where alittle like battle zones you have to capture & hold 1 area which you then gain points for,untill the enemy takes it from you,then the HQ point is randomly moved somewhere else & then needs to be captured again.:-)

You could have as a symbol a little radio operator,or radio truck as the thing to capture.

Flashpoint Gold
05-18-2009, 07:53 PM
^
^
You play too much Call of Duty.

But yes, and option to only allow vehicles or types of vehicles in a game would be fun. You could also make friends with other players of that liking and then start a game where you can only use certain units.

Morgoth
05-18-2009, 08:49 PM
^
^
You play too much Call of Duty.

But yes, and option to only allow vehicles or types of vehicles in a game would be fun. You could also make friends with other players of that liking and then start a game where you can only use certain units.

Like in Empire Total War where you have early period units only or late period options.:-)

Flashpoint Gold
05-19-2009, 01:59 PM
Like in Empire Total War where you have early period units only or late period options.

Thats what I would expect them to do since this is a more realistic game and not arcade-like, but who knows.

All of these options sound good though, so it would be nice if we could have them all. Atleast an option to turn off the ability to get the really heavy tanks...

Morgoth
05-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Thats what I would expect them to do since this is a more realistic game and not arcade-like, but who knows.

All of these options sound good though, so it would be nice if we could have them all. Atleast an option to turn off the ability to get the really heavy tanks...

I think my idea of having a HQ(yes from Call of Duty),multiplayer mode would be good as it would spread out the battle more,as battle on alot of modes now tend to get bogged down & end up as a stale mate with each side digging in & hoping they get more points for kills than there apponents,but with a ever moving HQ you would be forced to attack somewhere else.:cool: