PDA

View Full Version : Options menu issue

bassturd
05-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Just wondering if anyone can help me with this problem here.

Everything with the game seems to work fine. I installed no problems and can run the game no problem. However...when I click on the options menu the game exits out. Every other menu option works such as "start game", "load game", "credits", etc. But clicking on "options" exits my game.

So, because of this, I can't config my controls the way I want them nor can I change the video settings. Right now they appear to be on low quality when I play.

I know I can try to change them from the file itself but I can't figure it out. I'm not very computer savvy. I figured out how to change the screen resolution (that was easy...just a number change). I can't figure out how to change my controls tho. For instance, to move forward is labeled "17". Not a key like "d" or something. Also, I want to put the game on high quality settings and I'm not exactly sure how to accomplish that. Some things such as "softshadows" are set to "0". I guess I can just set it to "1" and see what happens.

If anyone has an suggestions on how to fix this problem, thanks in advance. Otherwise I guess I can play the game on low quality and try to adjust to the default controls. Tho I played the demo and loved the cool effects ingame and since it is on low quality, much of the effects are missing which kinda ruins the experience some.

bassturd
05-07-2009, 03:42 AM
no one :(?

Alright, not that big a deal now. I was able to figure out which numerical number went with what key on my keyboard so I was able to set the controls how I like them thru the config file.

However, I'm not certain how to get it to look like it has high quality visual settings. So I have a favor to ask if anyone would be so kind as to help me. Really, it isn't a big chore if someone could do this for me.

Anyone that is running the game on high settings. Can you open your Cryostasis folder and then open up the config file. There is a section labeled "video settings". Can you copy that for me and paste it here. That way I can just copy and paste it into my config file and hopefully have the game looking as pretty as it can.