PDA

View Full Version : Direct2Drive patch 1.11.3

CogDissident
05-06-2009, 01:55 PM
I've downloaded and tried "every" patch on the main page. All of them fail, except the Aspyr patch (which makes sense because it installs to the Aspyr folder). However, when it installs, it gives me the error "unknown custom message name "updatewronggamelang" in "cm" constant"

So, how do I patch this game and get to play online?

Nike-it
05-06-2009, 01:57 PM
I've downloaded and tried "every" patch on the main page. All of them fail, except the Aspyr patch (which makes sense because it installs to the Aspyr folder). However, when it installs, it gives me the error "unknown custom message name "updatewronggamelang" in "cm" constant"

The patch for D2D version is not released yet.

v8esprit
05-06-2009, 06:20 PM
That would seriously piss me off.

If it aint steam, it aint worth it...yet.

I bought a boxed copy.

-Lox

CogDissident
05-06-2009, 06:51 PM
The funny thing is, I actually pirated the game well beforehand, and then later purchased it. Support the developers and all that.

Strangely, this is about the third time it has happened to me that the pirated copy is more playable than the real thing.

Suitcase_Jefferson
05-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Yeah, I'm starting to regret my D2D purchase.

Steam has better support... what other digital distribution client updates everything for you?

I used to pirate EVERYTHING. But now it's just more convenient to buy it off of somewhere like Steam.

D2D is rubbish.

corleone11
05-06-2009, 08:38 PM
word

fugufish
05-07-2009, 07:01 PM

You need the 1.11.3 MP only patch. Download the DMS Server patch. It will allow you to play MP but breaks SP.

It's here: DMS Server (http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2648&sid=ed8422195e86288925764622b28a03d6)

Morgoth
05-07-2009, 07:09 PM
You need the 1.11.3 MP only patch. Download the DMS Server patch. It will allow you to play MP but breaks SP.

It's here: DMS Server (http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2648&sid=ed8422195e86288925764622b28a03d6)

Yes & if you really need to play single player again,you have to uninstall the multiplayer only patch.:-)

Buhler
05-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Nike-It, can you tell us when the D2D patch will be released? Many of us are eagerly waiting...

Ichijyo
05-11-2009, 10:49 PM
I have the same problem. Still waiting for the patch from D2D and I'm really pissed off. I tried to contact the support but I receive just automatic mails and there is no forum where yell a bit like in Steam.

Anyway, I was wondering....what if we install a retail MOW (downloaded from a torrent) and use the key of our copy purchased from D2D? Is it going to work?

v8esprit
05-12-2009, 06:02 PM
Guess what! Men of War is on steam and its discounted. when you install it, its already updated with the latest code.

D2D for the Fail.

-Lox

Morgoth
05-12-2009, 06:35 PM
Guess what! Men of War is on steam and its discounted. when you install it, its already updated with the latest code.

D2D for the Fail.

-Lox

Yes we know,dont rub it in for us D2D owners,its not nice lol.:evil:

Ichijyo
05-16-2009, 01:19 AM
Well guys, D2D released the patch finally, but did a mess again.

The version they sell is a multi4 (english, spanish, french and italian) but the patch they released supports just english, spanish and french not the italian!!

Many of you may not mind about it but me has installed the italian version, and I want the italian version. I should not buy at D2D, and I'll never buy again.
I want a refund!

krtkllr70
05-19-2009, 01:38 PM
i installed the d2d patch last night and it ruined my whole files for the game !!!!!
i had to uninstall (but not my saves ) and re install the whole bloody thing .
needless to say i am furious. what crapy support .
i need the G-- D-MN CD.

Morgoth
05-20-2009, 05:44 PM
i installed the d2d patch last night and it ruined my whole files for the game !!!!!
i had to uninstall (but not my saves ) and re install the whole bloody thing .
needless to say i am furious. what crapy support .
i need the G-- D-MN CD.

Maybe you had Mods on it which interfered with the patch instalation,anyhow,losing saves is no probs,just do what i did download a access to all mission cheat,& no problems.:-)