PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy downloadable version that is patchable?

steelerguynd
05-06-2009, 03:56 AM
ok i have the direct2drive version and im pissed about the patch, but im willing to buy the game again from a place that i know can be patched. where can i get the game downloadable from? i found it on gameagent. if i download that one will it be patchable for sure? thanks for the help

battlesign
05-06-2009, 04:22 AM
i bought a digital copy from gamersgate, installed patch and it is working on my desktop but not my laptop. but ive been happy with gamersgate overall, so i recommend them. no hijacking drivers and such like with steam.

bigcracker
05-06-2009, 08:05 AM
From Direct 2 drive

Publisher:
Aspyr Media, Inc.

So you want to download this one

Aspyr (80.6 Mb)
http://www.menofwargame.com/updates/MoW_PC_1.11.3.0_Update.exe

I did it works fine.

steelerguynd
05-06-2009, 09:47 AM
that one dont work, there isnt an update available for the direct2drive version.

steelerguynd
05-06-2009, 10:09 AM
yes i realize some downloadable versions work with the patch but not the direct2drive version. so i was just wondering what version ppl are using that worked with the patch.

Morgoth
05-06-2009, 11:36 AM
Yes, but you can download them freely there, and since you already own a Key, I'd assume nothing is that wrong with it. Just download the Reloaded, it's the 505 version, get that patch, and the bam. Yer great. Seriously, with so many BS releases, this is fine.

That wont work mate as the main problem with each version having different patches is because each different games manufacturer has different piracy protection software so his D2D key code wont work with a 505 version & vice versa.:-)