PDA

View Full Version : Full Pause Functionality

v8esprit
05-05-2009, 10:55 PM
Soldiers, Heroes of World War II provided a fully functional pause capability. Every game since, has limited this and has seriously hurt my enjoyability. Let's talk about this game. Men of War and the games like it have a lot of micro management. Its micromanagement on an epic scale. That's not a problem for me. I rather like it, like I did in SHOWW. Its extremely frustrating in subsequent games, including Men of War. Let me explain.

The game is running. I have a character selected. I pause the game. I move to his action menu, select lay mine, and point to a location on the map. I unpause, and he moves to the location and lays the mine. Great.

I repeat the same steps, but instead of unpausing after setting my currently selected player to lay the mine, I attempt to select another player. When I do, I can't. I'm locked out. I can't select players, tanks, execute any further commands.

I am forced to unpause, select a unit, and pause again to send him off to do what he needs to.

In SHOWW, I could start the game, pause, select and issue orders to every player, tell them to change weapons, head to a tank and hop in, drop items, and as soon as I unpaused, all their commands would go into effect.

I understand this is not feasible for multiplayer but in single player, its a real benefit. I can't imagine its much work for the developer to enable this fully functional pause support. I'd immensely appreciate it.

I can understand that is might make the game easier and take away some of the challenge, but I have grown so accustomed to it, that without it, I'm pausing and un-pausing so often its near impossible. Imagine the situation. Mission 2. You have ~20 guys sitting there, waiting for orders before the Nazi's roll into the factory. If I could pause the game, reorganize my troops, send my soldiers out to mine the tank paths, reorganize my tanks, and then press unpause, I'd be ready for the onslaught.

Please re-enable this support. I've bought every one of your games, hoping that the newest one would have this support. Short of sending you a lump sum of cash to enable this feature, I don't know much more I could do.

I'd be so thankful. Please forward this along to the development manager.

-Lox Thomson
San Jose, CA

v8esprit
05-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Bump!

anyone else agree with this?

Are you constantly running and gunning? Do you play with the pause button? Would you like the ability to queue and action for one player on one side the of map and then queue another player on the other side of the map?

-Lox

Lancer
05-21-2009, 11:31 AM
Only just found this thread but totally agree with the aforementioned. In a game of complex missions I think the ability to queue orders to individual units during one pause would be an enhancement. I must confess to missing this feature in the Russian factory mission. It would be nice to have this option reinstated for SP if possible. Pretty please !

v8esprit
06-01-2009, 07:17 PM
Amen Brother!
-Lox

Brashin
04-06-2010, 10:47 AM
Sorry to drudge up an old post but I completely agree. Being new to MoV I could really use a fully functioning pause key. It is what I am used to in the Total War series and other games. Having to paunse and unpause for each guy is just nuts. I already play on the slowest setting but I would like to play faster if my pause key would work as stated above. Anyone know if this is fixed?

v8esprit
05-07-2010, 06:37 AM
One more bump!
-Lox

SpeedWolf
05-08-2010, 01:27 AM
i can agree that is useful to have that option in Singleplayer and i will like to have that option back.

even that i never use the pause button when i am playing is will be nice to know that the option is there.

_kj_
05-31-2011, 11:25 AM
I too would like to see this functionality for singleplayer decision making and planning.

Please take into consideration this ability in future releases as those less vocal quite likely do not visit forums and are singleplayer gamers who look to 1C to lead in software development and implementation.