PDA

View Full Version : I don't care what the reviews say

neostar
05-05-2009, 07:47 PM
This game is fantastic. Superb detail and fantastic action. The only negative was the terrible voice acting.

To the devs:
Your best work yet. Keep it up!

Please evolve this game to include more strategy. I would love to see this game evolve to a total war type game.

In any case a beautiful game to be very proud of.

Lancer
05-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Nice comments neostar. You are just in time for the new patch too ! I don't really have a problem with the voices because I just love the game so much I can forgive this. Enjoy your MoW gaming ! :-P

TriTard
05-05-2009, 08:43 PM
i actually enjoy the voices :D i sure hope the devs werent serious when they made the voice overs, sounds more like a couple of kids trying to imitate different accents while reading off a piece of paper ;)

but yea, aside from the voices the game is great, especially the feature that allows you to take direct control of a unit. A+ imo. also, maybe tone down the realism just a tad; or maybe i should practice more :P

fldash
05-05-2009, 08:44 PM
The review are great, what are you talking about?

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/menofwar

Morgoth
05-05-2009, 09:47 PM
The review are great, what are you talking about?

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/menofwar

What i think alot of people forget,is alot of the people who review games review all games including console games,& they tend to fall into the casual gamer bracket,i played resident evil 5 on my sisters XBox 360 recently,& the speed at which the bad guys attack is embarasingly slow,infant slow,so if you can imagine people who mainly play on slow moving console games,are gonna be shocked by the speed of most pc games in comparison,i mean,i dont find it to difficult particularly single player,so those games reviewers are just rubbish at anything faster than console games it would seem.:-)

fugufish
05-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Nice comments neostar. You are just in time for the new patch too ! I don't really have a problem with the voices because I just love the game so much I can forgive this. Enjoy your MoW gaming ! :-P

It's not only the bad voice acting, it's the bad grammar. "Aim is in the reach zone" ? :grin:

Devs, pay for my trip to Russia and I'll gladly sit in the studio and proofread your scripts!

Anyway, love the game. Glad it's now on Steam!

battlesign
05-07-2009, 10:15 PM
I love it also. Especially the direct control of a single unit and the individual inventory for each unit is just an awesome touch. I think, I do not mean this as a backhanded comment, but to many who like CoH and battlefield type games, are intoxicated by the graphics and action. Whereas MoW has more strategy and real world physics which some enjoy more. They both have their pluses, I think MoW is just a deeper game.

Plus, even though the patch release has been confusing, they are releasing free content patches, which is so rare now with the expansion craze.

battlesign
05-08-2009, 12:22 AM
and the bad voice acting is game breaking at first, but after a bit it becomes endearing

Buhler
05-08-2009, 07:40 PM
I personally love this game, and it wouldn't be the same without the hilarious voices.

Nothing makes loading up an autosave for the 40th time easier than listening to someone say "Take that hill" like a robot over and over again. Provides lots of comedic relief when playing ridiculously hard co-op.

happy
05-08-2009, 08:36 PM
After awhile you don't even hear the voices, besides it's part of the charm this great game has to offer.. I rather have a great game like this with less then perfect voices than one that has put fails to deliver on gameplay!

Lancer
05-08-2009, 11:57 PM
After awhile you don't even hear the voices, besides it's part of the charm this great game has to offer.. I rather have a great game like this with less then perfect voices than one that has put fails to deliver on gameplay!

After going a along a bit with the consensus that the voice acting was bad I am now going to recant ! I too find the voice acting part of the charm of this game. It just shows how easy it is to go along with the crowd and playing the game tonight I thought that this would not be the same great game with "Hollywood" style voice overs. :wink:

Morgoth
05-13-2009, 12:57 AM
After going a along a bit with the consensus that the voice acting was bad I am now going to recant ! I too find the voice acting part of the charm of this game. It just shows how easy it is to go along with the crowd and playing the game tonight I thought that this would not be the same great game with "Hollywood" style voice overs. :wink:

People forget when having a go at acting,remember real acting is how real people act,why we like most of our favourite actors or actresses is generaly because they dont act like ordinary people,thats why they stand out from ordinary people & thats why we like them,kinda makes a mockery really out of what it takes to make a good actor or actress dosnt it lol.:-)

Lancer
05-13-2009, 12:53 PM
Urraaah for Hollywood !

Boyarpunk
05-20-2009, 10:39 PM
Just want to also express my deepest thanks to the developers for an outstanding game! Cheers ! :cool:

Clay150
05-22-2009, 04:40 PM
Just want to put in my support and love for this game! I would love to see more missions like the US armored Dodge one. I think you guys should release more expansions like Squad Leader did. Pacific, Tobrok, Soviet/Axis tank clashes(I know you can create this in mutiplay kinda) Stalingrad. Minor counties, Would love to see japs and French and pure british

Anyway Great, great game! Keep on developing this awesome game engine! This is the only game that captures that Squad Leader Feel for me.

THANK YOU