PDA

View Full Version : ok new here need some advice

krtkllr70
05-05-2009, 01:17 AM
this game seems ok but /// no tutorial.
the interface is so different(convoluted) from anything like COH or TOW.
what the heck do i need to hit the ground running ?
so what i got now is a slow a$$ game that seems like it could be a ton better if the darn interface and game controls were somewhat like FROM PLANET EARTH . any sugetions (and please no bitter diatrabe i do want to play this bugger) please help .
cant stand looking at the units standing around like they were waiting for a call .:mad:

TriTard
05-05-2009, 01:46 AM
i dont understand how the interface is that confusing. most things have pictures. like, to throw a grenade, you click the grenade icon.

you basically use the standard RTS controls with the mouse, and then move the camera by moving the mouse to the edge of the screen (cant use wasd or arrows). nd u click nd hold the mouse wheel to rotate nd stuff.

krtkllr70
05-05-2009, 02:19 AM
i have reconfigured the wsad type control to the arrow keys , the camera is working way to fast ( OUT OF CONTROL SORT OF )the whole darn thing seems kinda klunky. is there a tutorial / before i changed the keys it seemed like nothing worked anyways,,,,,should i reset to default ( how???)
any tips would be appreciated , downloaded this thing last night and want to play ( love COH and TOW )and would like to get this one down so i dont pi$$ off any more guys on line or at single player
any tips ? thankyou ,ajm

TriTard
05-05-2009, 07:40 PM
download you say? hope it was direct2drive ;)

anyways, just restore to defaults, and adjust the camera sensitivity. works a lot better imo

Mkilbride
05-05-2009, 09:42 PM
The first Russian Mission IS the Tutorial man. It took me about two hours to get used to them.

It is no where near the standard RTS controls, so don't listen to those BS'ers. :P

It's a very odd control scheme, but once you get used to it, it's all good. I wish I could play again...patch fucked it up.

Morgoth
05-05-2009, 09:49 PM
The first Russian Mission IS the Tutorial man. It took me about two hours to get used to them.

It is no where near the standard RTS controls, so don't listen to those BS'ers. :P

It's a very odd control scheme, but once you get used to it, it's all good. I wish I could play again...patch fucked it up.

The thing i find oddest with the control scheme is you have to use left mouse button to do things & you cant change it,im used to left clicking to attack & the like but right clicking to do an action,or atleast the option to choose both,ohwell.:mad::-P

TriTard
05-05-2009, 09:50 PM
It is no where near the standard RTS controls, so don't listen to those BS'ers

excuse me? i was able to dive right in. didnt have a problem with the controls at all. imho, teh basic controls are like nay other RTS

Mkilbride
05-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Starcraft, Warcraft, CnC, WiC, CoH, any of the usual RTS's have no control scheme like this is at all.

Like he said, the left clicking to move instead of right was so weird at first, but I'm used to it now.

TriTard
05-05-2009, 10:01 PM
ever played DoW? :)

i actually think the left click makes more sense

anyways. no point in arguing over this ;)

Morgoth
05-06-2009, 02:29 AM
ever played DoW? :)

i actually think the left click makes more sense

anyways. no point in arguing over this ;)

How can left click to move & to fire or attack enemy make sense.:-)

Mack the Knife
05-06-2009, 02:32 AM
Mkilbride/Morgoth
are you the same person or are there two other people out there who bitch as much as my wife?

Mkilbride
05-06-2009, 03:35 AM
Dawn of War? It's System is right click also buddy.

DMS|Instinct
05-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Go to options and enable RMB selection.

Morgoth
05-06-2009, 11:37 AM
are you the same person or are there two other people out there who bitch as much as my wife?

Thats a no.:-)

TriTard
05-06-2009, 07:36 PM
Dawn of War? It's System is right click also buddy.

yea i played DoW shortly after i made that post nd noticed it was right click :P but anyways, why do you guys make things such a big deal?

krtkllr70
05-07-2009, 02:17 AM
Been playing for 4 days now and even if the controls are ODD ! I have come to the conclusiom that I DIG THIS GAME ,it is way cool'
enough realisim ( et difficulty as well) and action to make older gamers like me piss off the little lady once again .This thing rocks but,, how come i cant play any other missions or armys but the Soviets?? do i have to complete this campain before playing as Americans or Germans>???
ANY ADVICE PLEASE.
THIS BUGGER IS REALLY A LOT OF FUN PLEASE CLUE ME BECAUSE IM REALLY LIKEING THIS THING .
( SORRY FOR THE CAPS) .

Morgoth
05-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Been playing for 4 days now and even if the controls are ODD ! I have come to the conclusiom that I DIG THIS GAME ,it is way cool'
enough realisim ( et difficulty as well) and action to make older gamers like me piss off the little lady once again .This thing rocks but,, how come i cant play any other missions or armys but the Soviets?? do i have to complete this campain before playing as Americans or Germans>???
ANY ADVICE PLEASE.
THIS BUGGER IS REALLY A LOT OF FUN PLEASE CLUE ME BECAUSE IM REALLY LIKEING THIS THING .
( SORRY FOR THE CAPS) .

Yes unfortunately you do have to complete each campaign in order which is a pain as i wanted to start the german campaign first.:evil:

TLC
05-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Like he said, the left clicking to move instead of right was so weird at first, but I'm used to it now.

There's an option to use conventional mouse controls, go into options and tick/untick (i forget) the box that says 'right mouse orders next to it'.

And camera controls are also easy to reassign. The camera moving too quickly or jumping around might be caused by low spec. it happens on my laptop but not my higher spec PC.