PDA

View Full Version : Ice Particles = Severe Lag

Fumples
05-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Hi. I'm running E6400 (2.14 dual core), 4GB of DDR2 RAM and an 8800GTS 320mb. I've tried playing Cryostasis Demo, and my performance is pretty decent most of the time, but when I'm fighting enemies, my framerate dips to under 10. I found out the source of the problem, but I have no idea what to do. When using the water shooter, etc, my performance dips, but it still is playable. When I shoot an enemy and those small shards of ice come out, my framerate drops fast. REALLY ******* FAST. I even tested this, by shooting the dead enemy. Ice shards come out. My framerate dips 10. I shoot again, my framerate dips 10 more, as more shards come out. After they eventually disappear, the framerate goes back up to 30 or 40. Is there any possible way I could remove this effect? I have no problem with the water, but my framerate shits the bed with the ice shard effect.

Or even better, is there a possible workaround?

ZIGS
05-04-2009, 10:03 PM
Do you have EAX disabled in the audio menu?

Mkilbride
05-04-2009, 11:38 PM
Sorry Fumples, you're out of luck. 1c doesn't support any of it's products. While they may be fun and unique products, support is worse than Microsofts...and that's scary.

JuggernautOfWar
05-05-2009, 09:38 AM
Does your sound skip and crack when ice falls as well?

Tinotoin
06-17-2009, 11:24 AM
I'd say don't use the Water Cannon would be the simplest workaround, but that's hardly ideal.

Saying that, if you've got 320MB of VRAM, you will struggle with the icicle effects.