PDA

View Full Version : Fixed camera view & filmmaking tricks

Moreno
05-04-2009, 05:10 PM
Hey guys,

just wanted to ask how I get a fixed camera view with IL-2? Just like in Jaffa's movies? I tried all the F-keys and looked into the controls, but with no luck. What have I overseen?

And are there any other filmmaking tricks you have to share?

Cheers,
Moreno

fireflyerz
05-05-2009, 05:52 AM
:arrow:In the FMB go to objects , scroll down and you will come to Static Camera , place as many as the game will allow on the desired map and set there hight , you can access the veiws with Ctrl-F2...:grin:

Moreno
05-06-2009, 12:59 PM
Oh thanks a lot I will try that out ASAP!!!

Moreno
05-07-2009, 10:36 AM
But isn't it possible to change to a fixed camera in a previously recorded track on a stock map? Means you always have to build a full mission to record in that style?

335th_GRSwaty
05-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Yes,you can't edit a previous recorded track ,as fas as I know.

Moreno
05-08-2009, 12:18 AM
Ok thanks! Hopefully Oleg will implement more movie-making friendly tools into SOW.

fireflyerz
05-08-2009, 06:46 AM
Ok thanks! Hopefully Oleg will implement more movie-making friendly tools into SOW.

:arrow:For shure , I spoke to OLeg last year about this , he said that movie making fascilities in SOW will be much more dynamic than they are in il2.:grin:

Moreno
05-08-2009, 07:56 PM
hmmm I have a slight problem. I hit a keycombination in the FMB which opened a kind of console with various infos, like object count, etc. I just don't know how I can get rid of it. I have been looking in the controls, but didn't find any solution. And it's not the tilde key like in shooters...

Do you know the shortcut?

And fireflyerz: Good news ;) Btw. Nice new films!!

checkmysix
05-20-2009, 03:14 PM
Hi Moreno.
Try PATsmoke Mod for getting some fantastic camera angles.
You can also un-padlock camera to allow for free panning.
See my movie below for results.
Available at AllAircraftArcade.com.
Hope this helps
CM6 :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBQ7BEHy-Fs&feature=channel_page