PDA

View Full Version : Special Cryostasis PhysX Demo Available

Nike-it
05-04-2009, 02:59 PM
Special demo of the recently released horror-shooter Cryostasis (http://www.cryostasis-game.com/) is now available. The demo demonstrates optimum performance with NVIDIA PhysX running throughout for a stunning look and great physics effects.

The demo presents one level and introduces brand new weapon, Water Cannon, which will help you to defeat violent creatures of cold with hot water stream.

The demo requires the latest NVIDIA drivers and PhysX patches to run the extra features and will run best on Microsoft Vista OS together with high end NVIDIA graphics cards such as the GeForce GTX 285 or 295.

The demo comes ahead of an exclusive bundle opportunity, whereby EVGA customers can obtain a free copy of the entire Cryostasis game developed with full PhysX technology, free with selected EVGA graphics cards.

The Cryostasis PhysX demo is available here: Nzone (http://nzone.com/object/nzone_cryostasis_downloads.html) and EVGA (http://www.evga.com/articles/00471/).

ZIGS
05-04-2009, 03:51 PM
No Windows XP love? Thanks but no thanks

JuggernautOfWar
05-04-2009, 10:24 PM
Will this water gun be applied to the full game upon patch release?

Also, when will the patch be released? It looks like you guys should be ready to release it.

Nike-it
05-05-2009, 06:01 AM

Also, when will the patch be released? It looks like you guys should be ready to release it.

I do not have such info, I'll inform when I get anything official.

JuggernautOfWar
05-05-2009, 07:06 AM
Okay, so who has this information? Thank you.

SpinGee
05-05-2009, 10:25 AM
Is this demo incuding new patch or performance fixies(mutli cpu...)?

Nike-it
05-05-2009, 10:32 AM
Is this demo incuding new patch or performance fixies(mutli cpu...)?

The aim of this demo is to show latest PhysyX effects and it is optimized for high end NVIDIA cards together with Windows Vista OS. On less powerfull systems you can face slowdowns and other performance issues

SpinGee
05-05-2009, 10:39 AM
The aim of this demo is to show latest PhysyX effects and it is optimized for high end NVIDIA cards together with Windows Vista OS. On less powerfull systems you can face slowdowns and other performance issues

Ok, i have 295GTX i hope i can handle it. But still i want Cryostasis to support sli and multi CPU and more PhysX in full game, becouse i love this game - story and atmosphere is just awesome.Shame that poor performance make turn back on it by most people.

ZIGS
05-05-2009, 03:10 PM
So, you have a game that already is incridibly unoptimized and difficult to run, and instead of a patch to improve performance, you release one that adds even more crap to make it slower? GENIOUS!

helmgt01
05-05-2009, 04:24 PM
my geforce 512x2Mb 9800 gx2 runs the game pretty well. yes, there are areas of slow down, but it's never unplayable. true, i would really like a performance patch, but i'm still having a great time playing a game as refreshing as cryostasis.

one question, when the physX patch is released, will you need vista to run the game with full physX? i have xp and can't play the physX tech demo. can i download the physX playable demo and play that?

JuggernautOfWar
05-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Actually, the demo runs smoother than the game for me with the same settings.

Nike-it
05-06-2009, 05:55 AM
my geforce 512x2Mb 9800 gx2 runs the game pretty well. yes, there are areas of slow down, but it's never unplayable. true, i would really like a performance patch, but i'm still having a great time playing a game as refreshing as cryostasis.

one question, when the physX patch is released, will you need vista to run the game with full physX? i have xp and can't play the physX tech demo. can i download the physX playable demo and play that?

You can download it, but you won't see increase of performance, new PhysX features can be seen only with Vista.

JuggernautOfWar
05-07-2009, 01:26 AM
It seems the PhysX water disappears very quickly. Is there a way through file editing - supported or not - that allows me to prolong the PhysX water lifetime?

Au{R}oN
11-10-2009, 02:00 PM

The patch is already released!! And yes, there the water gun.