PDA

View Full Version : When will patch 1.7 be available on steam

RBBOT
05-04-2009, 12:07 PM
I've just bought this on steam, and it has installed version 1.6.4. Will version 1.7 be released on steam or should I attempt to apply one of the existing patches?

Nike-it
05-04-2009, 12:43 PM
I've just bought this on steam, and it has installed version 1.6.4. Will version 1.7 be released on steam or should I attempt to apply one of the existing patches?

You can download patch for gamersgate version. Here is the link: ftp://ftp.1cpublishing.eu/Patches/Kings_Bounty/patch_gg_1.7.rar

RBBOT
05-04-2009, 07:47 PM
I just tried that, and I now get the following when I try and start the game:

No disc inserted.
Please insert the original "Kings Bounty" CD/DVD.
Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=nodisc for further, more detailed information.

Ryastar
05-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Or, you don`t use steam because it is a terrible abomination that killed my best friend and feeds on the life force of children.

Okay, I'm exaggerating a little, but Steam IS a terrible thing.

krifos
05-04-2009, 10:34 PM
Same problem here...

Just bought Steam-version - patch 1.6.4, been playing for 14 hours the last 3 days, and had some minor issues (a couple of crashes, weird glitches).

Discovered that there was not only one, but TWO patches available (1.6.5, and 1.7).

Of course, no Steam... So I downloaded the regular version, and tried to patch. The patch said "a newer version is already installed", but I patched anyways.

Then of course, same issue - CD-check. So, I had to download a no-cd-crack for the game that I bought on Steam to be able to play the patched version.

Now it works, patched. And, one reason I know it's patched: Necromancy skill doesn't work pre-patch. I thought it was working automatically all the time, until I read patchnotes for 1.6.5. After patching, I get a necromancy ressurection-note after each combat.

Who is responsible for this? You or steam? How hard can it be, really?

AFAIK, Steam has a very good autopatching-system, and I've never had any problem for my other games, except one - Two Worlds, but luckily that worked with just patching it manually - no crack needed.

Nike-it
05-05-2009, 06:03 AM
Guys will try to figure it out ASAP. Right now do not download any patch.

demonix
07-05-2009, 04:38 AM
the last post was two months ago and this game is still unplayable via steam. How much longer until we can actually use what we have purchased?