View Full Version : DX10 and DX9 both not working

SuperR
05-02-2009, 08:34 PM
Specs:
Intel® Core 2 Quad Q8200
Vista 64 bit Home Premium
4GB DDR2 memory
Intel® 3100 integrated graphics

Installed fine, whenever I go to either of the game.exe's it just comes up with the error:
ERROR: could not initialise DirectX 9/10 renderer

I made sure direct x 10 was installed and updated, then updated the game to 1.1 but nothing happened. Still the same.

Anyone help?

Edit:Tried on a Windows Vista 32 bit machine, quad core. 4gb ram.

DX10 still did same thing, normal .exe loaded up then crashed straight away.

SuperR
05-07-2009, 07:27 PM
Obviously game doesn't work, waste of money and time. Will be taking it back to the shops, make a game that actually works next time. Also thanks for the floods of help to try and get this POS to work.

AWESOME STUFF MAANN

:rolleyes:

Gniarf
05-08-2009, 03:12 AM
And how much RAM does your GRAPHIC card have?
Googling (which is what YOU should have done, not ME) for Intel® 3100 integrated graphics says "up to 256mb" (while the bare minimum for nvn is "256mb or more"). But make sure have 256mb and not 128mb (= have your computer WRITE it).
You probably have an issue like those guys (http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/user-community-for-visual-computing/topic/57516/). But tell me, why did you not find it, awesome man? Did you even look for it?
Oh and stupid thing, does you computer pass the dxdiag rendering tests?

PS: I you ever wondered why you have crappy performance in games, that's because your have an AWESOME GFX CARD MAANN (if you see "integrated" it sucks, period).

Nike-it
05-08-2009, 06:37 AM
You video card is not suitable for Necrovision. Get discrete one, and you will be able to play the game.

KingDaniel
05-11-2009, 03:44 PM
Dear SuperR,

Better upgrade your PC. In NO way that *Integrated* graphics can run Necrovision.

Before buying and/or posting anything please check the game's official requirement. Necrovision is NOT a waste of money or time. Gamers need to be aware about the basic system requirements before playing and buying any PC title.
I'm not offending you. Your OTHER system specs seem to be OK. You need to upgrade your GPU. That's all.

And Please don't talk bad or use bad language about any title including Necrovision. IF you don't like any title, simply DON'T play it or buy it. Try the DEMO (If available) first before making any conclusions.

Cheers,
Daniel.

Gniarf
05-12-2009, 01:11 AM
Hmmm... It might be a bit late but I found the exact cause of the problem:
-Necrovision requires Pixel shaders 3.0 (cf: game case+readme.txt)
-According to intel specs (http://download.intel.com/products/graphics/intel_graphics_guide.pdf) the GMA 3100 can only handle Shader model 2.0 (= Pixel shader 2.0 + Vertex shader 2.0)

KingDaniel
05-12-2009, 10:06 AM
Hmmm... It might be a bit late but I found the exact cause of the problem:
-Necrovision requires Pixel shaders 3.0 (cf: game case+readme.txt)
-According to intel specs (http://download.intel.com/products/graphics/intel_graphics_guide.pdf) the GMA 3100 can only handle Shader model 2.0 (= Pixel shader 2.0 + Vertex shader 2.0)

Yup, That's Correct.

But Even if suppose the *Integrated* chipset supported the Pixel Shader 3.0 , it won't be able to run the game smoothly. We might get a lag in-game as well as choppy performance. The error can also come because the Intel Chipset doesn't support Hardware Transform & Lighting. This can also cause the DirectX error encountered. And I presume NecroVision supports HW T & L ?

He can try downloading a program called 3D-Analyze and use software emulation for HW T & L.

http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/tools/3d%5Fanalyze/download/

Open the program and select the NecroVision.exe file from the game's installed location and Check/Tick the box named Force SW TnL Caps and click on the RUN button. This should hopefully solve the problem, but I'm NOT fully sure. Lot of other options can be selected in 3D-Analyze.

Integrated Chipsets are actually NOT meant for playing Graphic Intensive titles and other titles which have a lot of Shader and Texture processing, but can be used to play small PC titles as well as OLD games.

Nonetheless, he can buy any good GPU supporting Shader Model 3.0. And by the way the Intel GMA X3100 Chipset supports Shader Model 4.0. But I think SuperR is having the 3100 chipset instead of the X3100 one, as been reflected from the error he is getting.

Cheers,
Daniel.

Gniarf
05-12-2009, 04:48 PM
1-the GMA 3100 supports SOFTWARE Vertex shader 2.0, but NO hardware VS.
2-I read somewhere that T&L could be considered as Shader model 0.5 (can you confirm this?). If the GMA 3100 supports sotfware or semi-software SM 2.0, then it supports hum... semi-SW* T&L, and thus SuperR shouldn't need 3D Analyse.

*WTF were intel enginners thinking about??

KingDaniel
05-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Well DirectX 7(Direct3D 7) was the first API to actually support Hardware T & L and when DirectX 8 came out, Shader Model 1 started with it. So I don't think there was any Shader Model Version 0.5 as you told. Not sure.

I think the GMA 3100 should support software Vertex Shader 2.0, but can't say about SW T & L. Even if it does support SW T&L, it won't emulate it properly and NecroVision requires Shader Model 3.0 to run properly. Software T&L is slower than Hardware T&L. Hardware T&L has a vertex cache which makes it much faster.

He can try using 3D-Analyze if he wishes and see any difference while launching the game.