PDA

View Full Version : gem editor help please

The_one
05-01-2009, 06:28 PM
i am trying to get a map into the game. i have read through the instructional post above but still cant get it.
i made a plain test map with a hill on it.
i then went into f3 mode and placed 8 spawnpoints and allocated the player numbers to each point.
i saved in both modes making one a combat.mi
i then go to the game and start a lan
i fint my map and create the game
it gets to the player ready and that i get a doink noise and it stops with an error message string.

mappoint not found:team(dm) order(1)(mp_gamecompetitive.cpp 141)
main
mp.thread.exec
mp core update
mp tp update
mp tp update loopback
the list goes on.

anyone know what i am doing wrong?

RoTTenbox
05-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Not sure if i can help as im not that far advanced with the editor yet, ive only had a tinker with the editor so far. Havn't gotten past playing the game yet.
Have you looked at these modding tutorials yet:
http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewforum.php?f=11&sid=60f81c8627e73fb87e126962d869d524
You will find heaps of tutorials and FAQ answers about the GEM editor.
Hope this helps.:cool:

The_one
05-02-2009, 03:54 PM
yeah, great stuff thanks chap. i got my trench map working BUT, i have no sky or border fog. i did what they said for the fog but still i have none.

RoTTenbox
05-03-2009, 11:41 AM
yeah, great stuff thanks chap. i got my trench map working BUT, i have no sky or border fog. i did what they said for the fog but still i have none.

:???: Not real sure because ive only played with the editor a little, but if you mean you have no sky when in the editor, you dont untill you press F3 and go into mission editor and load a or your mission. If you press F3+F6 it will open the environment editor. Make sure you save each editor before you finish, i mean save your environment editor then press F3 and save your mission editor then press F2 and save your map editor then exit.
F3+F9 opens the mission options
Hope this helps :???:

:oops: If you allready knew this or if im wrong, let me know as im only stabbing in the dark abit myself at this stage and would appreciate your feedback, and im sure others would aswell.
Cheers. :cool:

Meep129
05-04-2009, 01:47 AM
Hey, how can i render the map, you know, view all of it with the grass and effects and all?
BTW thanks for the environmental tip, i have a nice rain thing going on here:cool:

Meep129
05-04-2009, 03:13 AM
Hey, how can i render the map, you know, view all of it with the grass and effects and all?
BTW thanks for the environmental tip, i have a nice rain thing going on here:cool:

NVM, just didn't have a texture.

Nexus
10-19-2009, 05:53 PM
I also have this problem when i load my map i get the same error code, what did u do to fix it?