Effect::Load() failed. screen_oo.fxo
File not found

Script Stack Call:
->showmenuvideo
menu_main
processmainmenu
render_control_elements
"

I click on the game shortcut, after 5 seconds, i get something saying I cant use shader 4, and something physics related will not be used.
Screen then goes black, then i hear error ping and the above message pops up

help?

WhatsOneMore
05-01-2009, 12:18 AM
Please post your computer's specs and every little thing you know about it, such as cpu, mem, gfx card, OS and DX version.

And then maybe just maybe someone of us can help you.

Otherwise contact product support as it sez in your game manual that was in the game case when you bought the game !

FreonTrip
05-05-2009, 02:22 AM
Edit: A-ha! Running Microsoft's DirectX web installer seems to have fixed the problem enough to let me run the game, but unfortunately exiting the initial menu to start a new game now results in the screen not being updated, and the mouse cursor leaving trails wherever it goes. This appears to be a glitch in the display driver, and attempting to install the latest available driver resulted in the infamous Code 43 error / bug. Upon wiping the hard drive, installing XP Professional, patching it up, and installing Cryostasis, I can say that a 7800GS manages well enough in 960x600. :) Thanks for looking!

I'm having exactly the same problem, though I'm running the demo. The game runs well on the following system config:

Athlon X2 5050e
4096 MB RAM
512 MB GeForce 9500GT (I know, replacing with a 9600GT next month)
Onboard Realtek audio
Windows XP Professional x64
Latest drivers all around.

But it spits out exactly the same error message as nt-121784's computer on my media server:

Core 2 Duo E4400
2048 MB RAM
256 MB GeForce 7800GS AGP
Sound Blaster Audigy
Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit)
Again, latest drivers for all installed hardware.

Help would be appreciated.