PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Options CTD

JuggernautOfWar
04-30-2009, 06:45 PM
When I adjust any graphics settings which require a game engine restart the game just crashes to desktop. This means I cannot setup my resolution or shader model to use.

WhatsOneMore
04-30-2009, 06:53 PM
Is your config.cfg file read only as in you set it for the console cheat.

If not open your config.cfg and change the settings there to what you want and then exit and save changes.

All your major graphic settings are in there except for 3 or 4 of them, which can't be changed anyways.

JuggernautOfWar
04-30-2009, 06:55 PM
Yeah I just did that before I checked for your reply. It's sad that I have to do that though.

Forebode
04-30-2009, 07:08 PM
Can someone explain to me how to do that. Mine is doing it as well. I edit it and it does nothing in game.

Forebode
04-30-2009, 08:19 PM
nvm got it.

JuggernautOfWar
04-30-2009, 08:22 PM
To anybody reading this who is clueless on how to do this:

Go to your game installation directory, open config.cfg with notepad, then EDIT.

WhatsOneMore
04-30-2009, 08:32 PM
To anybody reading this who is clueless on how to do this:

Go to your game installation directory, open config.cfg with notepad, then EDIT.

Ok guys heres a way it will always stay, open the autoexec.cfg and copy the config.cfg into it and set it as you want it and it will never change, like thats where my console tilde key line is. You can put whatever the game will accept in there. Unlike the config.cfg it doesn't get over written by the game and yes console cheats will be activated from there also, without having to enter them in game at the console.

Forebode
04-30-2009, 08:46 PM
Yea it's very easy to do. Just opened it with the wrong program the first time i tried. Opened it again and had it right away.

It's the only way to change the visual configurations. Hopefully they patch it soon.

WhatsOneMore
05-01-2009, 12:21 AM
Yea it's very easy to do. Just opened it with the wrong program the first time i tried. Opened it again and had it right away.

It's the only way to change the visual configurations. Hopefully they patch it soon.

It all really depends on weather or not you bought the game ??

Like I can change my graphic settings within game but of Course I bought mine at game stop

Hmmm Now like I Really Pissed OFF everyone

JuggernautOfWar
05-01-2009, 02:59 AM
Once I change options in the config.cfg it stays that way, it does not get overwritten. The only options I cannot change in-game are Sound Driver, Resolution, and Shader Model.