PDA

View Full Version : Patch delay

Nike-it
04-29-2009, 06:37 AM
Guys, the patch is delayed until next week. We faced very serious technical problem in one of the versions and now we are trying to solve it ASAP. Most likely we will be able to release patch early next week.
We are also sad about this delay, but you should understand that releasing not polished software is not a good aim either for gamers of 1C itself.:!:

knacki99
04-29-2009, 09:37 AM
Has anyone counted the delays ??? 5? How many months are we waiting for this now?

UnknownMan
04-29-2009, 01:01 PM
next week?:-P no i dont believe it... but we should remember him:-)

Prowlinger
04-29-2009, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the update Nike It...

I will get to play multiplayer some day... whenever the patch comes around...
:rolleyes:

corleone11
04-29-2009, 06:39 PM
play ingle player through, install the patch thats out now, enjoy multiplayer, no problem.

i ALWAYS recommend to play singleplayer through first because even after that you'll still suck some large ass balls in MP at the beginning. ;)

Mack the Knife
04-29-2009, 10:25 PM
thanks Nike-it (curious, is your nick some russian thing or is it tennis shoes all the way?)

also, some time ago Instinct said this patch would include missions with the japanese. can you confirm that? if so and as long as i don't get swine flu, any wait will be worth it.

to all, i'm personally waiting for the patch ONLY for the japanese. my game runs fine so what's all the hoopla about the patch? is it mainly multi-player concerns?

Zeke Wolff
04-29-2009, 11:50 PM
thanks Nike-it (curious, is your nick some russian thing or is it tennis shoes all the way?)

also, some time ago Instinct said this patch would include missions with the japanese. can you confirm that? if so and as long as i don't get swine flu, any wait will be worth it.

to all, i'm personally waiting for the patch ONLY for the japanese. my game runs fine so what's all the hoopla about the patch? is it mainly multi-player concerns?

Then you will be disappointed. The upcoming patch (v1.11.3) do not contain the Japanese. They will be added in a later patch. This has been said several times by Instinct at the DMS site.

~Zeke.

Mack the Knife
04-30-2009, 01:50 AM
thanks zeke, i don't go over to that site very often. their "where's the patch" thread that is over 11 pages long, that's too much bullyou-know-what for me.

in a later patch
oh well, i may be dead of swine flu before the japanese missions come out...(i guess this flu thing really isn't a laughing matter so be careful out there!)

happy
04-30-2009, 03:34 AM
thx for the update sir,

Relay my thx to all members of the team for making such a great game!

Hours of enjoyment with this title. Can't wait to do an online coop.

WireDawg
04-30-2009, 03:37 AM
We are also sad about this delay, but you should understand that releasing not polished software is not a good aim either for gamers of 1C itself.:!:

Are you serious? This game is unpolished software. If what you say is true then this game should have never went out the door yet. I am so sick of the lies. If 1C wants to show that it has good software then why don't they fix it before selling it? Patching was supposed to be for the few things that slide by after release or adding in new content. Now it just gives these companys the ability to push trash out the door and fix it whenever they feel like. I don't understand why it is so hard for them to just do it right the first time. When we played on consoles they had to get it right the first time. So why has it changed now? I will tell you. It is because we keep buying this trash. Don't get me wrong I like MoW. But there comes a time when enough is enough. This is going to be harsh but I honestly want to see some company burn for this crap. I don't care what company as long as it sets an example and starts moving the rest of the companies in the right direction.

HANSVEBEL
04-30-2009, 01:56 PM
hi zeke, i wanted to tell you that your mod is very good, but unfortuntly i cant play it because my windows dont allow me to download Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 3.0 etc. i dont know what the problem is. the message says " unable to .....etc''.

Zeke Wolff
04-30-2009, 05:21 PM
hi zeke, i wanted to tell you that your mod is very good, but unfortuntly i cant play it because my windows dont allow me to download Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 3.0 etc. i dont know what the problem is. the message says " unable to .....etc''.
Sorry to hear this. I have never heard about this problem before. You have tested the links to these files that is included in the readme.txt file in the main campaign archive?

The two only reasons for the error you got that I can come up with is;

a) you have entered the wrong link or...

b) your copy of Windows isn´t a authentic one... but the last one isnt very likely since I guess you were able to download both the Visual #J and .NET files (both needs an authentic copy of Windows to download).

~Zeke.

Meep129
05-02-2009, 12:02 AM
What exactly will the new patch contain besides the Japanese faction?

Mack the Knife
05-02-2009, 03:04 AM
besides the Japanese faction?
i'm glad to see you have read what everyone else has posted. it shows you're interested in staying informed and only asking those questions no one has yet asked or had answered.

knacki99
05-02-2009, 09:11 AM
I am tired of this whole situation. Regardless what reasons are brought forward by 1C, Aspyr or DMS: The continuous delays and promises "next/next next/next next next/nextnextnextnext week" are a sign of miscommunication, bad management and quality assurance and incompetency.

Nuff said.

HANSVEBEL
05-02-2009, 02:07 PM
b) your copy of Windows isn´t a authentic one... but the last one isnt very likely since I guess you were able to download both the Visual #J and .NET files (both needs an authentic copy of Windows to download).

~Zeke.[/QUOTE]

yes true my windows is not a authentic one. but i have downloaded the other two you said. yes. only that one is not working. can i play the mod with only the other two and not this one downloaded??

Mkilbride
05-03-2009, 07:15 AM
I have non-authentic Windows too and it works fine.

So is this patch the 1.15 one or what? I'm all confuzzeled.

Zeke Wolff
05-03-2009, 01:17 PM

~Zeke.

yes true my windows is not a authentic one. but i have downloaded the other two you said. yes. only that one is not working. can i play the mod with only the other two and not this one downloaded??[/QUOTE]

Sorry, you need all three files to get it work (Visual #J, .NET3.0 and .XNA). Try to clear up your register (use CCleaner or something similar) and see if that can be of any help.

~Zeke.

knacki99
05-04-2009, 07:37 AM
Could you please take your discussion of pirated Windows versions somewhere else?

Is the patch coming today?

djsatane
05-04-2009, 11:32 AM
It has been about a month since publishers received 1.11.3 from developer, I know that western europe versions did not receive the patch yet(most of them unless you are gamersgate version owner). But the situation on american market is even worse.... Aspyr published the game in USA and so far they have not responded to any of my tickets through their support site and there is no word whether they will even support the game. DMS posted on their forums that they did in fact sent patch to Aspyr but month now and nothing.... Add the fact that the USA version I own does not use any protection which should speed up patch release and not delay it. Does anyone know if Apsyr even plan to patch their version of the game?

happy
05-04-2009, 06:10 PM
http://support.aspyr.com/index.php?x=&mod_id=2&root=243&id=627

Is this the patch in question? The one needed for the boxed dvd version?

Just found it through the a dms page I was reading. Haven't tried it as yet, still running boxed version as I'm trying to complete the single missions.. stuck at the airport one.

btw, is there a way to add favorites when online, had the pleasure of playing with some really nice people earlier on and it had some exciting matches.

Also found that limiting resource or reinforcements creates intense battles!

Great game!

Prowlinger
05-04-2009, 07:03 PM
WHOA! Is this the official 1.113 patch??!?!?

NikeIt? Anyone know?

First time I have seen this one...

OOH IT IS INSTALLING!!! :D

Zeke Wolff
05-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Yes this is the official 1.11.3 patch for the Aspyr Men of War. Patches for the other versions will be released tomorrow (information found at the DMS site).

~Zeke.

Prowlinger
05-04-2009, 07:32 PM
YAY! Now I can finally play multiplayer online !!!

Zeke did you try out the MC sound mod?

Mack the Knife
05-04-2009, 09:39 PM
(information found at the DMS site)
zeke, please post the link to this information you speak of. i went to that site and there is no information about a patch release in the forums (other than 1.15.3?!), there is nothing in the NEWS section or the DOWNLOADS section! i swear, people have been bitching for weeks about the patch and we get no announcement at the fan forums but the freaking publisher posts it!...aaarrrrgggghhhh

Zeke Wolff
05-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Why should they post anything about it in the news and/or download section of DMS? It´s an Aspyr release... :P Us Europeans will have to wait until tomorrow for our patch... Then I am quite certain that it will be posted in both the news and download sections...

Nevertheless, here is a link to a thread at DMS which has a link where to download the Aspyr patch. :D

http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3411

~Zeke.

Zeke Wolff
05-04-2009, 10:31 PM
Zeke did you try out the MC sound mod?

Nope... been busy with other things more importantly than playing for the last week... like making new 3D models and maps...

~Zeke.

Mack the Knife
05-04-2009, 11:06 PM
Why should they post anything about it in the news and/or download section of DMS?

oh, let me see. if i recall it's because you said this!: "information found at the DMS site" (as in...duh)http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c4/Biggrin-smiley.png

thanks for the link but i give up...Nike-it on this forum and Instinct on this and the other forum keep giving us patch news and updates. NO ONE SAYS CHECK THE ASPYR SITE FOR THE RELEASE WHEN IT COMES! in all my days of gaming the developers announce the patch on the fan sites and the publisher just counts the cash. oh well

Interesting...the link to the patch that happy posted above was working as i downloaded the patch. now (20 minutes later) it gives an INVALID ARTICLE...hmm, i think i will wait until i hear more before installing it.

Nike-it
05-05-2009, 06:16 AM
Several hours and your waiting will be rewarded;)

Mkilbride
05-05-2009, 07:48 AM
I hope this patch fixes the performance issues. That's the only issue I have right now. Performance can be pretty bad at some points and I exceed the recommened easily.

Other than that, I have had no issues.

Oh, except one very odd one...it's kinda a good one...but also kinda bad. On one of the German missions, all of my units have become invincible. Though, for some reason, they don't fight back and drop all their guns. It's made the mission kind of difficult...I can tell them to pick up weapons, but it's annoying. It all happened once mortar fire started hitting my guys mid-way through the level. They just wouldn't die...