PDA

View Full Version : Mission help! Moscow is behind us

DuaneLee
04-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Hi!
There seems to be very little information about how to complete this game. :(
I have managed to complete the missions untill "Moscow is behind us!" on the hard difficulty.
But I just can't seem to be able to complete this mission on hard! :evil:

I have managed to complete the first part where I have to hold the forward defensive line untill my troops have finished digging the second defensive line.
That is where I get big problems.

First I equip 3 groups of men with molotow, machineguns and AT-rifles that I found in the nearby boxes of where the troops start.
I then send the men standing around the center AT-gun backwards and hide them behind the houses, so that I can send them to replace the men at the 4 AT-guns if the current men get shoot or blown away.

I place the 1 tank near the church wall to protect it from flanking and to protect that area so that sneaking germans can't sneak up on me.

Then I send 1 of the special equipped teams up on the hill on the far right to prevent the germans from flanking me on that side.
After that I send the 2 remaining special teams to the far left, to try flank the germans and take over their Howitzers.

Problem is that my men get all gunned down and blown into pieces.
And those Howitzers blow away my AT-guns from a far distance where I can't reach them.

As soon as the germans have blown away my AT-guns they storm my defensive line with a bunch of tanks and kill my 1 tank.
Even if I manage to kill a few of them with my tank either their tanks or their Howitzers kill my tank.

I then have only the little group of men left on the far right.
They usually can hold of the germans trying to rush the bridge, but as soon as the whole german army move in on them they have no chance at all.

I have also tried to move my tank up along the far left flank, to try to kill of the Howitzers.
Problem is that even if it survives the fighting it takes to get there about in the middle of the game there is a message from the came telling something like "hold on" or something like that.
Then suddenly there are like 3-4 german tanks instantly spawning just where my tank is (on the right flank as far up on the map as I can go).
Of course my tank can't hold them of and gets blown into pieces.

The germans seem to attack me most heavy at the left side of my defensive line, there are no AT mines at the left flank so they tend to just drive in there.

So could someone please tell me how to complete this mission?
I have tried like 10 times with no luck.
After a while the german army just rush me down and I get "mission failed".
I have also started playing the mission in slow-motion but I can't seem to complete it anyway.

How did you people complete this level and which strategy did you use?

Best regards / DuaneLee

Daktor
04-29-2009, 06:18 AM
I have beaten this one on hard; definitely tough. Here's how I beat it:

Setup the four AT guns like you said. Call in 2 tanks and then special squads. Send the special squads up the hill on the far right but keep them on your side of the bridge in prone position. They will stop the enemy flanking maneuver.

Your tanks and AT guns should handle tank assaults. The problem is when the enemy brings in artillery. It's a little dicey, but send one of your smaller tanks across the center of the river (otherwise the ice will break) and try to get a shot off on the artillery. The artillery is weak, so usually only takes one shot to kill. This step is essential to your survival, so keep saving/reloading until you manage to sneak your tank in just far enough to get the kill shot. Definitely time it so you send in your tank between waves.

Once you kill the artillery it's pretty smooth sailing. They will continue to attack with tank/infantry waves but your line should be able to handle it. Try to reinforce continually with tanks and special infantry squads.

I ran almost the entire mission at the slowest speed. I would love to watch someone who could beat these missions on hard playing at normal/fast speed! :)

Post back if you can't get this strategy to work. Good luck!

DuaneLee
04-29-2009, 11:52 AM
Thanks!

Allright I will try that, actually I have missed that I could bring in renforcements!
When I suddenly understood that yesterday I realized why it was so hard!
I was trying to fight all the germans off with only the starting men. :mrgreen:

I will defenatly try your strategy, I think it will work. :grin:

Thanks again! I'll report back later after I've had a few tries.

Best regards / Duane

DuaneLee
04-29-2009, 07:01 PM
Thanks!
I managed to complete the map with your help! :cool::grin:
It took me several hours but finaly I made it.
I had to use several tanks to destroy their artillery but in
return my men survived longer at the defensive line.

After the big reinforcements arrived I pushed the line forward
meter by meter.
After a while I could take over some german tanks and put them
to my growing tank group. :)

Then I placed the tanks on a line covering the whole width of the
battle field and put men in front of them and pushed even more forward
untill I finaly made it after what seemed as forever.

Thanks for the help man!

Best regards / Duane

Daktor
04-30-2009, 10:53 AM
I'm glad my advice was helpful. Sounds like the battle was epic! Congratulations on finally beating it.