PDA

View Full Version : Help with Fox Hunt: Turning point.

Hamptonsux
04-27-2009, 03:39 AM
Ok, made it thru defending the supply base. Barely, nerve-wracking several restarts, realized the only way to do it was basically get 1 man in every tank, gun, etc, and just hang on for dear life. Anyway, after defending, my new objectives are to counter attack the remnants of the German division, and destroy the mortars. Umm, destroyed the mortars, and still have the counter attack objective up, but there are no enemies left. One side of the map, if I eliminate all enemies, more keep respawning and attack me, but they are only infantry on foot, vs my tanks, and it's no contest.

So.....

Is there a script in this mission....do you have to counter attack within a certain time frame? Do you have to take out the mortars after you defeat this supposed counter attack?

2nd time this had happened with this game. 1st time was when I was playing one of the german missions. I was able to reload and start at a different point, and complete the objective, but this time it doesn't seem to be working, and again, I will be extremely pissed off if I have to start this whole goddam mission over because of some stupid script.

Any help out there?

Tomalak
04-27-2009, 07:43 AM
I did not have this particular problem, however there was one strange thing I noticed in this mission.

The German soldiers manning light mortars (those ordinary, infantry ones) in the upper left corner, behind the first Tiger from the left, were invisible. They appeared only after receiving damage, or more precise, after I blindly fired a HE round at their position. They are part of the enemy defense, so maybe they are the problem.

Naturally, I assumed they had some secret Nazi personal cloaking devices, so we stripped them naked and sent their clothes back to divisional HQ. :)

PS btw, its quite possible to form a functional defense line, if you defend in front of the base during first two phases.

haorant
04-27-2009, 02:21 PM
i compleated this mission after destroying the tanks guns and trucks u dont need to kill everyone once u destroy the big things the german troops will start to run u must have missed something or it could be a bug