PDA

View Full Version : Inexplicable shut downs

JohnnyDead
04-26-2009, 07:59 PM
I just got this game but i cant play for more than ten minutes without my PC shutting down instantly. My temps are normal and ive experimented with the graphics settings (im using a nvidia 8800 512, btw) and nothing seems to help.

bavoba
04-27-2009, 12:46 PM
I had this some time ago with some other game (and hardware), this can happen due to the Power supply unit if it can't maintain a steady 12v voltage for the Graphics card under extreme system stressing which is undoubtly the case in this game. :-P

You could try to run some kind of voltage monitor (just google it), turn recording on and watch especially the 12v and the 5v line.

JohnnyDead
04-27-2009, 10:48 PM
I've installed speedfan, and the +5V is at 5.62, and the +12V is at 12.16. I also cannot pause the game now without it crashing but i guess that's another issue.

WhatsOneMore
04-30-2009, 04:57 PM
Call a friend and tell him you have this great game that he has to see to believe and then go by his house and install Cryostatis on his computer and see how it runs.

Honestly your system could be borked by way too many things to try and explain here.

So try installing it on another computer and see how it runs, what do you have to lose ?

JohnnyDead
05-01-2009, 02:54 AM
Ha! well, none of my friends really have a PC that can run Cryostasis. Plus it runs fine when im playing it, I can run it at 1650x1080 with AA smoothly.. its just the shutdowns..