PDA

View Full Version : help needed with CHASING SHADOWS mission

happy
04-26-2009, 07:03 PM
Hi all :-P

Got my game dvd of men of war in, and it was raining and a sunday so
I could treat myself to a few hours of tactical warfare...

This game blows away other rts games I have played.. it's very realistic and great fun too, not to mention hard.

Anyway I am following the SP campaign and I've come to the mission Chasing Shadows.. and I'm at a loss.

I end up on the back of the base.. my wire cutters don't work.. thinking maybe that's because there is power on the fence? I do have the wire cutters but have no clue how to make them work.. I select them just like a knife and well that is it.

if I take out to many bad guys on one gate.. the game is over.

could someone point me in the right direction.. for I've tried several times, different things but to no avail.

JuggernautOfWar
04-27-2009, 07:03 AM
Take out wire cutters in secondary slot, then walk into the fence only where you are supposed to cut.

happy
04-27-2009, 03:20 PM
ok so I take wirecutters in my grenade menu and walk thru the fence.. the part that is suppose to be cut.. will go looking at the whole fence inch by inch, if my men can reach it.

(btw, can you give me a hint as to where to look for that fence)

Hear them talking about that shoddy house but I haven't seen that one..

JuggernautOfWar
04-27-2009, 04:19 PM
Have you got the med-pack for your fourth soldier yet? You need to secure a med-pack in a run-down house and while you do it your men will point out where to cut the fence after you return to your soldier to patch him up.

happy
04-27-2009, 07:55 PM
Hi juggernaut,

First.. I have cracked it, after your msg I decided to have another look and then seconds after that I was banging my head on my table.. for not seeing looking further.. I never saw that derelict house across the water.. and I've tried that mission so many times.. I felt somewhat stupid for having missed such a thing.

Anyway, eliminated the guys at that derelict house, got the medic kit back and got awarded with 4 soldiers and nighttime.. broke into the base (at the same spot I stood several times before in daylight). Which is quite hard and took me several attempts but made it then I followed the red arrow that pops up when you are close to a objective.

I didn't get the cutscene at first, but that was because one of my men was not with the group. When he joined I was rewarded with another clip saying I had to steal the plane and eliminate the guards, who where alrdy KIA by one of my team.

I'm off for the next one! and will have to see online also, it would be fun to do a coop I think.

thx very much for the help!

S~

Happy

JuggernautOfWar
04-28-2009, 02:14 AM
Yeah no problem! I have not yet played online as well. I am waiting for the patch which is coming out anytime now (*cough* *cough* Nike-it). Co-op would be awesome and a SKIRMISH MODE would be even sweeter. The main focus is the campaign though.

tanveersadiq
07-12-2009, 05:41 AM
Dear all,

I have taken med pack from the hut, killed every soldier there. once i got med pack i had a cutscene showing me the fence i need to cut to enter. after cutscene nothing has happened.

when i reach the described location nothing happens. the cutter is not shown in my primary or secondary weapon window. however it is there in my ammo kit by pressing i.

i dropped the cutter and took back by each soldier and in this way i have the cutter in my hand. but there is no cutscene.

i managed to get inside by killing the guards and there is no alarm or no mission failure. it is only when i kill a lot of the soldiers. all the three soldier i managed to get inside the one of the twin buildings inside where the officer is but there is no cutscene and officer kill all my soldiers or if i kill the officer finish the mission in fail.

can anybody tell me what should i do now to pass this mission?

alittleoldman
07-15-2009, 05:01 PM
Dear all,

I have taken med pack from the hut, killed every soldier there. once i got med pack i had a cutscene showing me the fence i need to cut to enter. after cutscene nothing has happened.

when i reach the described location nothing happens. the cutter is not shown in my primary or secondary weapon window. however it is there in my ammo kit by pressing i.

i dropped the cutter and took back by each soldier and in this way i have the cutter in my hand. but there is no cutscene.

i managed to get inside by killing the guards and there is no alarm or no mission failure. it is only when i kill a lot of the soldiers. all the three soldier i managed to get inside the one of the twin buildings inside where the officer is but there is no cutscene and officer kill all my soldiers or if i kill the officer finish the mission in fail.

can anybody tell me what should i do now to pass this mission?

Hi

did you take the med pack back to your original start point and heal your 4th soldier? After that it all makes sense I think.

wraith97
07-20-2009, 11:41 AM
Check out this video walkthrough helped me out alot! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks_5sgMjHNA