PDA

View Full Version : [SOLUTION!] No voiceover for german customers

bavoba
04-25-2009, 06:25 PM
Hello ;=)

i replied in another thread some hours ago with this problem german costumers have. If you have ordered an english version of the game and try to install it on a german windows, you have no VO in the game because the installer tries to install the german VO (and manual), which is nonexistent in those releases.

After some trying around, i found the simple solution. Luckily, the game comes with a standard installer following common command parameters which i painfully experienced you have to use sometimes over the years. :D

So here is how it goes, simple really!

Simply launch the installer (which is "cry_setup.exe") with the command line parameter "/lang=en".

The final command would look like this:

"cry_setup.exe /lang=en" (without the "" of course)

In the command promt, you have to specify the path of the CD or in my case, the downloaded installer (no worries, gamersgate legal download).

Voila, the installer runs in english and installs the full english version WITH VO! This might be interesting to the 1C support as well because not all gamers have the experience of installing unwilling games like i do. :-P

I wish everyone a happy gaming experience and i encourage 1C to foresee such problems in the future. :)

Unforgiven_II
04-25-2009, 07:06 PM
Good work, perhaps nike-it can make this a sticky or something.

bavoba
04-25-2009, 07:27 PM
Whoops. I didnt see that i posted this in the main forum. Should be in the technical support subforums.

Maybe nike-it could also move it there?

Seminus
04-26-2009, 12:16 PM
great! Thanks for the info!

Nike-it
04-27-2009, 07:01 AM
Thanks for the solution, the thread is sticky now;)

Unforgiven_II
04-27-2009, 06:04 PM
The support is linking to this thread for solution now.
Got response today with link.