PDA

View Full Version : ROF is out on may 7th

Tvrdi
04-25-2009, 01:03 AM
ROF will be out in Russia on May 7th....Now the waiting for BOB would be easier...hehe Knights! Cross your swords!

http://riseofflight.com/blogs.aspx?lang=en-US

zapatista
04-25-2009, 05:17 AM
boring ....

most people here that i know whom are interested in flightsims wont be buying it because its an online game only

pretty lame idea, i think they already lost 50% of their market before it is even released

when it functions like any other game you can play whenever and wherever it suits the person who purchased it, let me know. looking at the screenshots it also looks a very dated gfx engine, like a souped up version of il2. and i wont be giving them another 50$ each time they bring out a new plane either :)

Feathered_IV
04-25-2009, 09:15 AM
Flight simmers are a strange, closed minded bunch. Always crying out for more, but terrified of change.
They will bite the hand that feeds them and then say, I told you so! when the hand is withdrawn.

I will do my best to support the product until the rest of you cry babies grow the guts to get on board. ;)

ChrisDNT
04-25-2009, 09:24 AM
"....but terrified of change."

I've also noticed this behavior with the FPS guys, playing the same CS map during 10 years.

Tree_UK
04-25-2009, 09:47 AM
I think it is well worth a look, these guys have done a tremendous job on what i believe to be the old IL2 engine, just shows there was still life in the old dog. The physics look promising as well as the damage modeling. It will give us something new to chomp on for the next year or so before SOW finally gets released. :grin::grin:

Tvrdi
04-25-2009, 10:06 AM
boring ....

most people here that i know whom are interested in flightsims wont be buying it because its an online game only

pretty lame idea, i think they already lost 50% of their market before it is even released

when it functions like any other game you can play whenever and wherever it suits the person who purchased it, let me know. looking at the screenshots it also looks a very dated gfx engine, like a souped up version of il2. and i wont be giving them another 50$ each time they bring out a new plane either :)

your talking about a cake you never tried...pffttt..go home and upgrade your net

nearmiss
04-25-2009, 11:06 AM
WWI aircraft just never interested me. I bought the Red Baron and other titles, but I got so bored so quick.

The planes were slow, firepower was weak, the battlefields were small and depressing with all the trench warfare and such.

When I was a kid I like to build the WWI Spads and such as model airplanes, because you could get those little mosquitos to manuever like crazy.

Online game only just tells me there are many things that make a great air combat sim that are not in the package.

Thanks, but no thanks to the early era of flight, online or offline.

Give me a powerful 109-G2 with some gunpods and cannon... now that's a package to do airwarfare.

Feathered_IV
04-25-2009, 11:29 AM
I think it is well worth a look, these guys have done a tremendous job on what i believe to be the old IL2 engine

RoF is absolutely NOT using the Il-2 engine. It was considered as an option very early in it's development, but the idea was abandoned. SimHQ have perpetuated this misinformation by leaving a stickied thread to that effect on their RoF page - despite the fact that the information is years out of date.

csThor
04-25-2009, 11:49 AM
Flight simmers are a strange, closed minded bunch. Always crying out for more, but terrified of change.
They will bite the hand that feeds them and then say, I told you so! when the hand is withdrawn.

I will do my best to support the product until the rest of you cry babies grow the guts to get on board. ;)

Tell you what - as long as they want me to give up the most basic security measure just for their anti-piracy scheme they ain't gonna see my hard-earned cash. It's so simple - forget about the "phoning home" cr@p and the data collection that is going to run in the background and I am interested again. I am not interested in having my personal data collected by neoqb (which is the reason why I never register games). I am not interested in providing them with a "user profile" for marketing reasons. And I am certainly not going to grant them the right to undermine my very personal PC security just for their own needs.

And re "crybabies" ... I suppose you'd also applaud when neoqb comes up with a new scheme which scans your PC regularly and asks your bank for your solvency. "Hey, that's the future," you'd possibly say, wouldn't you? Maybe one day, when corporations and their DRM cr@p rule your PC, you might understand why I am opposed to such stuff.

Feathered_IV
04-25-2009, 12:14 PM
I suppose you'd also applaud when neoqb comes up with a new scheme which scans your PC regularly and asks your bank for your solvency...

Hysteria. Calm down.

virre89
04-25-2009, 12:27 PM
boring ....

So it's boring just because their policy doesn't suit you?

First of all you're statement is nothing but a child's post crying out loud, the game doesn't use the IL2 engine, the game utilize some of the latest graphic/engine/physics solutions on the market. If you've any knowledge about development, hardware & software you'd know but of course you had to bash it since the DRM doesn't suit you.

As for the sales thing, they've without no doubt lost customers however it's not near as much as 50%, it's more or less just a way for you to make yourself feel better about it. A more exact number would probably be around 5% of the potential customers has been lost. Truth is that today the majority of gamers are connected to the internet 24/7 , however many won't utilize it for gaming online BUT that doesn't mean that they don't have a broad band connection.

Their choice of online authenticity ain't anything new it's been utilized in games for the past 10 years, it's no secret that the simulation market would be moving here sooner or later and it's a good thing indeed. Sure some of the buyers might not buy it simply because they don't have an broadband connection which would render the game useless since it requires an online connection.

Then there's the argument about wither or not the product could become useless if the servers are shutdown and you couldn't play whenever you want. Tell ya what you pay for the internet , it can go time at any time , heck you pay for the electricity it can go down at any time as well, seriously even your house could collapse on you theres no guarantee for anything here in the world.

Have some faith in the developers for god sake, and even if their servers would go down for maintenance whats the big deal. The the question pops up again; what if it goes down forever?

So be it, but don't you think the developers have thought about the future. Removing the login system wouldn't be a hard task for such a talented team and if the worst case scenario would become true they'd just remove it and wola you can play you're SP all day long for eternity just like Mass Effect.

I tell you this, if you wanna miss out on such a great title just because of the copy protection so be it, you're loss dude and you won't be missed.
Truth is the once that were gonna buy it and really want it they buy it no matter what protection it has, i for once wouldn't miss out on it just because such a lame complaint.

csThor
04-25-2009, 12:44 PM
Hysteria. Calm down.

I was being sarcastic. ;)

I just don't appreciate being called a crybaby just 'cause I don't agree with their policy. Okay?

robtek
04-25-2009, 12:53 PM
It is very interesting how people are stirred up to defend a bad solution.
One might say: where there is smoke there must be flames!
There has been not one sound argument pro that drm cr@p but many to
depreciate the people who are against it.
Something that has to be defended in this form isn´t worth the time to write this sentences.

Igo kyu
04-25-2009, 12:54 PM
As for the sales thing, they've without no doubt lost customers however it's not near as much as 50%, it's more or less just a way for you to make yourself feel better about it. A more exact number would probably be around 5% of the potential customers has been lost.
Do you remember this thread?

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=6642

That says 50% of the people who cared enough to vote, won't be buying it.

virre89
04-25-2009, 01:15 PM

You base it on one vote poll at 1c forums with 60 participants?
Try the poll at a the RoF community and you'd get 90% buyers votes instead so just to make it clear these polls doesn't justify the sales by any means, and we hanging around these forums doesn't make up for the majority of the customers anyway. But sure i could go and receive a 90% won't buy cod4 in a poll if placed it right by all means.. such as at a simulation forum..

lbuchele
04-25-2009, 01:46 PM
Hysteria. Calm down.
C´mon, guys, it looks like a terrific game!
I can´t understand all the opposition to it.The last videos show a very complex damage moddeling , take a look.
I´m very exciting about this one, since I bought OFF ,who becames an addiction to me.

csThor
04-25-2009, 02:01 PM
The opposition is not about the game's content or quality, but about the cr@p neoqb added afterwards. There is not one advantage of "phoning home" for the customer, just for the maker (copy protection). This is the dealbraker for most people who were interested.

Robert
04-25-2009, 02:32 PM
With RoF being released in RU first, I'm sure there will be a cracked version before the western market sees it on their computers.

Hey, just adding flames to the fire. Nothing more.

Personally I'm not happy with the DRM management, but I'll read to see what happens once it's released before I judge if it's too invasive for my needs. So far I'm on the nay side.

What I'm not sure of, and I've probably missed it somewhere is: Will there be a BOXED version of the game? That's a deal breaker there for me. I don't have the speediest connection and don't care to D/L a copy of the game. Call me old fashioned but I like having shiny discs and boxes with hard printed manuals.

KG26_Alpha
04-25-2009, 04:42 PM
Whats the relevance of ROF to 1c Company ??

mazex
04-25-2009, 08:16 PM
Whats the relevance of ROF to 1c Company ??

None at all, and it's sure interesting that they let discussions about their only competition continue undisturbed... Maybe because SoW is a couple of years from release?

Having said that - I'm looking forward a lot for the release of RoF, with or without online copy protection. With so few companies out there producing flight sims we can not afford to NOT buy the few games that trickle out nowadays...

Tree_UK
04-25-2009, 08:40 PM
Well some people think that Oleg has been holding back on updates because of ROF, if that is the case the updates should come flooding in now that the release is of ROF is imminent. Watch this space.

SlipBall
04-25-2009, 09:36 PM
I'm out...very turned off by the on-line thing, would have bought it if it were under different circumstance. And I'm really more into WWII aircraft anyway, so I'll just enjoy IL-2 till SOW comes along in 2 years and 2 weeks:-P

virre89
04-25-2009, 11:07 PM
Well i am dead happy we get a quality sim on the market, can't say that i am excited about SoW since we've not seen anything litterarly from the game except models and some rare videos which isn't much..

mazex
04-25-2009, 11:23 PM
Well i am dead happy we get a quality sim on the market, can't say that i am excited about SoW since we've not seen anything litterarly from the game except models and some rare videos which isn't much..

Don't forget that all the videos of SoW I know of are from the time before the development actually started. Many of the 3D studio models are also from before the development started so we are actually left we a few "blue screens" from 2008 of 3D models and those AAA installations with plain grass...

Fan boys chime in: "how dare you implicitly DEMAND stuff or information from Oleg?" (who by the way is so busy he has not had time to change his underwear since development started in late 2007)...

Feuerfalke
04-25-2009, 11:24 PM

That's wrong.

50% stated they won't buy it to show hope that neobq will change their minds or just to play rebellion a bit. It has no reliability on how many of those actually will buy the game.

I've got to say, that I can understand the claims that some people don't have internet access, yet would like to play the game. For those, this logging method is really a pain.
But for those damning the DRMs, it's a bit different:
1. Most current games use MUCH harder DRMs. The games are bound to your hardware and you have to unlock to play. Usually you even have to make up an online-account, even though you never play online.
2. The other games mostly additionally have a limited number of installations. DCS:BlackShark, for example uses both, limited activation and online activation.
Of course we can debate about the pros and cons, reasons behind that, etc. but it's the way it is. Looking at the micro-payware-addons neobq will offer, STEAM is the most reasonable choice, like it or not.

But to those who claim to not give away informations on the internet to anybody and post that on a forum is sort of judging with two measures. You have to create an account, accept a legal contract, your IP is logged and your email, too, of course. Not even mentioning watermarks on images in forum-signatures and information sent by your system, your browser and your router each time you log in here.
You do that freely, but don't want to connect to the internet to play a game?

And you don't really believe that steam scans your PC, do you? Come on, you can even set steam to offline-mode, so you can play Steam-games offline!

Feathered_IV
04-26-2009, 01:33 AM
I wonder how many of those swearing not to buy RoF because of it's online verification don't even have a computer that can meet the minimum specs anyway?

RickRuski
04-26-2009, 04:55 AM
Maybe if "Canvas Knights" gets of the ground we may see a change in attitude about offline play from the "Rise of Flight" team, I certainly hope so. There are already at least 8 WW1 planes in development now, these are some.
Albatross C3
DeHavilland DH 400
HP 400
Sopwith Pup and Snipe
Nieuports
Fokkers
Spad etc.
These will be available for online/offline play, single/multi player and full mission building as I read the development

zapatista
04-26-2009, 05:27 AM
your talking about a cake you never tried...pffttt..go home and upgrade your net

you seem to think that whatever limited reality exists in your own mind, makes you understand how the rest of the world functions without having ever seen it

no, not everything Turd wants to play with is automatically of any interest to others. and with the 2mb cable access i have the web access doesnt need to be upgraded, so thats not what it is about, odd eh

i think the scenery and 3D world looks pretty crappy, and being forced to always be on a pc that is connected 24/7 to the internet is just not convenient, not giving offline play is idiotic to. most il2 buyers play it ofline and never even ventured online (going by oleg's previously stated statistics)

seems like a con trick to me, they didnt mention it during development at all, and i betcha they wont clearly label it on the game box either so people will be conned into buying something they dont want or cant use 90% of the time.

Feathered_IV
04-26-2009, 05:42 AM
If it is so obviously not for you, why do you keep banging on about it? Wouldn't it be a better use of your time to just go away??? :confused:

zapatista
04-26-2009, 06:18 AM
the game utilize some of the latest graphic solutions on the market.

if you'r living in siberia maybe, the scenery looks like crap to me, old il2 trees on top of flat painted tiles that have no detail in them

you had to bash it since the DRM doesn't suit you.

i dont care about what DRM is or will be, but i will only buy good products that are convenient for me to use whenever and wherever I want to, rather then just when some greasy haired con men think so.

to me you sound like a fanboy who'd give his soul just so he can play with a new toy, while not minding he is getting shafted by a demon at the same time

Have some faith in the developers for god sake,

why ? it was a hyped product all along. it attracted attention because there was a lack of new fligtsims in the last yr or 2. pre release testing shows it is VERY buggy and they are trying to rush it out the door to recoup some money while they can. its got a wiff about it that reminds me of the wings over vietnam fiasco

I tell you this, if you wanna miss out on such a great title just because of the copy protection so be it, you're loss dude and you won't be missed.
Truth is the once that were gonna buy it and really want it they buy it no matter what protection it has, i for once wouldn't miss out on it

wew is you and your bestest friend going to buy it ? and all the other kids at your skool that dont buy it isnt going to be cool and hip, just 'cause you'r cracking a stiffy at the thought of pretending to be the red baron ?

might be good enough reason for you, but the rest of the world makes their decisions based on somewhat different criteria.
- the scenery it looks like crap to me, its flat, lifeless, and has lots of old il2 trees bunched up to pretend and make it 3D.
- the planes look nice enough, but only in the same way that the il2 current planes with updated skins look nice, its got no leap forward in detail in the same way that olegs new BoB planes do
- no offline play
- no lan play, no direct pc connection play
- no dynamic campaign for solo or coop play (only on the internet)
- some big brother thing it will tag my pc and track whatever happens on it and with it, without my permission
- you need to pay to fly new planes they make, even if others already fly them against you online

no thanks, they sure aint getting my 50$ :)

the only thing i thought looked pretty good from some of the previews, is the demo vid where they show the little balloons tracking airflow around the aircraft, and this changing with the engine being rev'd on the ground (postulating there is complex airflow/object interaction being modeled in the sky, but that is a wait and see issue to see how well it improves flight modeling). but i saw no mention of the complex airflow and weather modeling oleg is building, so that could be a fizzer to.

zapatista
04-26-2009, 06:23 AM
If it is so obviously not for you, why do you keep banging on about it? Wouldn't it be a better use of your time to just go away??? :confused:

you might not have spotted this, but you'r in an il2/BoB forum, which emm , err , you know, is for discussing il2 and BoB related products that we emm, err ..., as il2/BoB customers like or want to discuss.

doesnt mean you have to start clapping every time a flying turd comes past and we have to discuss its flight modeling, just because its an airborne object and you are in a flightsim forum

if its a flying turd, lets just call it a flying turd :)

Bobb4
04-26-2009, 08:21 AM
you might not have spotted this, but you'r in an il2/BoB forum, which emm , err , you know, is for discussing il2 and BoB related products that we emm, err ..., as il2/BoB customers like or want to discuss.

doesnt mean you have to start clapping every time a flying turd comes past and we have to discuss its flight modeling, just because its an airborne object and you are in a flightsim forum

if its a flying turd, lets just call it a flying turd :)

It may be a flying turd... But at least it is flying :)
Last IL2 update we got was and I quote "4.09 will not be worked on until SOW reach a special point in development" No one is saying what that point is so calling this an IL2 forum is kind-of-lame anyway.
Calling it a SOW forum is a joke because hell four months after a promised... We still sit with screenshots of planes built in a viewer most likely built when SOW was a concept and they thought they could still use the original IL2 engine :grin:
The fact that the ROF guys built there own engine and flight sim deserves some credit. So some people do not like online 24/7 authentication.
Well they are not catering for those guys purely because the money is not there obviously.
The online activation and data monitoring is obviously an anti piracy thing...
My guess is SOW when it eventually is released will also have some find of online activation at least.

Feuerfalke
04-26-2009, 10:55 AM
Four month after a promissed.... what?

And who promised that to you?

@ RickRuski:
You can be banned for discussing that here, you know?

But then anyway big-time LOL - to be concerned about owner rights and companies limiting your own rights, while you suggest to play a game based on an illegal crack. Really got to ROFLOL!
Sounds like always: It's okay, if you brake a law as long as I'm not hurt by it.

Bobb4
04-26-2009, 11:42 AM

@ RickRuski:

But then anyway big-time LOL - to be concerned about owner rights and companies limiting your own rights, while you suggest to play a game based on an illegal crack. Really got to ROFLOL!
Sounds like always: It's okay, if you brake a law as long as I'm not hurt by it.
For someone who has been on the forum so long... You of all people could list the number of threads removed simply because the promise made have been so obviously not met.
But please even in your "let me please my masters voice" must admit Nike promised an update last month and Oleg promise (or as you would have us believe accidentally mentioned but did not really mean) a SOW webpage.
You really make me laugh because sadly you cannot help defending something you obviously know little about.
And nobody promised me anything. The only joy I get is reading a response like yours. :rolleyes:

"Feuerfalke → 4/26/2009 1:35:24 AM

excrimsonve, like in RealLife, you just can't have it all. I'm sorry, but it's just not realistic to have a perfectly sim or product in every single regard. It's just impossible.

You don't have unlimited financial and personal resources. You cannot make a game and keep working on it for 10 years to make it perfect and then expect that the will refund all the money you had to pay for rooms, hardware, personell and production from the last 10 years.

And besides that, you also have to keep in mind that this sim must be able to run on average home PCs and available for a price that people are willing to pay.

So you have to take the consequences and make you priorities. That doesn't please everybody, isn't perfect in every single regard and it leaves flaws and ways to improve. But that's life.

And of course you know that a few more month of development won't add all the details you want."

You say the same thing no matter what the forum, Don't you get tired of protecting the developers at all costs...

Feuerfalke
04-26-2009, 12:35 PM
For someone who has been on the forum so long... You of all people could list the number of threads removed simply because the promise made have been so obviously not met.
But please even in your "let me please my masters voice" must admit Nike promised an update last month and Oleg promise (or as you would have us believe accidentally mentioned but did not really mean) a SOW webpage.
You really make me laugh because sadly you cannot help defending something you obviously know little about.
And nobody promised me anything. The only joy I get is reading a response like yours. :rolleyes:

"Feuerfalke → 4/26/2009 1:35:24 AM

excrimsonve, like in RealLife, you just can't have it all. I'm sorry, but it's just not realistic to have a perfectly sim or product in every single regard. It's just impossible.

You don't have unlimited financial and personal resources. You cannot make a game and keep working on it for 10 years to make it perfect and then expect that the will refund all the money you had to pay for rooms, hardware, personell and production from the last 10 years.

And besides that, you also have to keep in mind that this sim must be able to run on average home PCs and available for a price that people are willing to pay.

So you have to take the consequences and make you priorities. That doesn't please everybody, isn't perfect in every single regard and it leaves flaws and ways to improve. But that's life.

And of course you know that a few more month of development won't add all the details you want."

You say the same thing no matter what the forum, Don't you get tired of protecting the developers at all costs...

Wow, deleted posts with promises about news and releases, links and screenshots of those vanished from the internet and most peoples memory, games and features held back to make the customers suffer and pay for addons, pushed back releases because developers are still counting their earned billions, programs scanning your PC for secret documents, distribution tools sending precious files directly from your PC to some secret site, most likely in Russia or some bada$$ US mega-company, ...

LOL - do you really believe in all of the crap you post or do you just need to vent your paranoia? What do you think is STEAM interested in on your PC? Your recently downloaded porn?

Besides, I'm not protecting anybody. Neither Oleg, Maddox Games, 1C, STEAM or Neoqb need my protection. But I'm also involved in the business enough to understand what is going on behind the scenes and as I'm part of neither of the above, I can freely post my experiences and my view from the inside out on some kiddies banging in the door of the candy-shop.

Tree_UK
04-26-2009, 02:40 PM
Forget it Bobb, you cant educate Pork.

virre89
04-26-2009, 02:53 PM
if you'r living in siberia maybe, the scenery looks like crap to me, old il2 trees on top of flat painted tiles that have no detail in them

If you fail to see the technological advancements that's being utilized in the product you're nothing but a failure to yourself. It's not even worth discussing since you're arguments are nothing but bs. Do you know anything about hardware , software and game development? If so then you might wanna reconsider.

i dont care about what DRM is or will be, but i will only buy good products that are convenient for me to use whenever and wherever I want to, rather then just when some greasy haired con men think so.

to me you sound like a fanboy who'd give his soul just so he can play with a new toy, while not minding he is getting shafted by a demon at the same time

I am the fanboy ?
Seriously who's the fanatic here..
You're the one bashing the product before it's even released and making false accusations while trying to spread the word about "OH the almighy Neoqb is coming to fool us with a product worse than IL2 only to piss people off and let's wait for the SAINT Storm of War instead people".

why ? it was a hyped product all along. it attracted attention because there was a lack of new fligtsims in the last yr or 2. pre release testing shows it is VERY buggy and they are trying to rush it out the door to recoup some money while they can. its got a wiff about it that reminds me of the wings over vietnam fiasco

First of all, pre-release testing shows huh?
Source plox?

It's been in development for over 3 years and it has nothing to do with Wings of Vietnam , another pathetic attempt to bash the product to make you feel better about yourself. (why are you even wasting your time kid)

And if RoF is a hyped product what isn't BoB then?
You claim me to be the fanboy while you're worshiping oleg confident of how it's already gonna be a 10x leap over RoF and all the others sims out there without even seeing a SINGLE game play video of it and rarly hearing any information at all.

might be good enough reason for you, but the rest of the world makes their decisions based on somewhat different criteria.
- the scenery it looks like crap to me, its flat, lifeless, and has lots of old il2 trees bunched up to pretend and make it 3D.
- the planes look nice enough, but only in the same way that the il2 current planes with updated skins look nice, its got no leap forward in detail in the same way that olegs new BoB planes do
- no offline play
- no lan play, no direct pc connection play
- no dynamic campaign for solo or coop play (only on the internet)
- some big brother thing it will tag my pc and track whatever happens on it and with it, without my permission
- you need to pay to fly new planes they make, even if others already fly them against you online

no thanks, they sure aint getting my 50$

the only thing i thought looked pretty good from some of the previews, is the demo vid where they show the little balloons tracking airflow around the aircraft, and this changing with the engine being rev'd on the ground (postulating there is complex airflow/object interaction being modeled in the sky, but that is a wait and see issue to see how well it improves flight modeling). but i saw no mention of the complex airflow and weather modeling oleg is building, so that could be a fizzer to.

Another bash attempt here we go...
Since WHEN do you know why i I buy this product?
Since WHEN do you know why everyone else doesn't or does buy it?
(pathetic once again)

I've yet to see the fake 3d models you're on about however there is no secret that in a flight simulation you've to make sacrifices in favor for performance. Seriously you can't draw over 500.000 trees that are true 100% detailed 3d models and expect to run it on a high end machine today...
I am sure that if it was possible in terms of time, money and system requirements the ROF team would love to have Crysis graphics on the ground for all entities and units just as much as the Crysis team would love to have insane flight aerodynamics and a world gameplay map as large as the one in RoF, but you see they're two different games focusing entirely on their own agenda not world domination and perfection in every corner.
(use your brain please i beg you)

Take a good look at the scenery again before you judge the game, it's not even worth discussing with you. I am glad you're not being a part of it's community tho such a wanky whiner.

Bobb4
04-26-2009, 02:58 PM
I have no issue with online authentication or anything ROF for that matter. I have an issue that the beta is too short, but that is a post on another thread and forum.
I do have an issue on this forum when people have comment on issues in previous (since deleted threads) and then pretend to not remember them...

Robert
04-26-2009, 03:17 PM
So it's official? The ZOO has moved?

Insuber
04-26-2009, 03:54 PM
So it's official? The ZOO has moved?

I've bought my popcorn cup, and peanuts for the best performers.

Ins

KG26_Alpha
04-26-2009, 04:31 PM
None at all, and it's sure interesting that they let discussions about their only competition continue undisturbed... Maybe because SoW is a couple of years from release?

Having said that - I'm looking forward a lot for the release of RoF, with or without online copy protection. With so few companies out there producing flight sims we can not afford to NOT buy the few games that trickle out nowadays...

Surely this should be locked and all further discussion put in "off topic" or simply banned.

Tvrdi
04-26-2009, 05:08 PM
So, "You wont f***k the most beautiful and sexy girl (up to date) just because she want your sausage at her place (not at your place)? Interesting...omg

zapatista
04-26-2009, 05:10 PM
If you fail to see the technological advancements that's being utilized in the product you're nothing but a failure to yourself.

lol you cant even think rationally

the low level aerial view and ground level views look pretty crappy, it is empty and bland. do we have to light a few joints and get in a special mood to see something revolutionary there ? its flat, empty, lifeless and boring with a few of the old dated il2 trees

You're the one bashing the product before it's even released and making false accusations while trying to spread the word about "OH the almighy Neoqb is coming to fool us with a product worse than IL2 only to piss people off and let's wait for the SAINT Storm of War instead people".

what is a bit odd is that you keep being the one that turns up here and hypes this over rated crap here, maybe you got lost somewhere with all that complex clickedy-click you have to do in a browser to navigate the web, but you landed in an il2/BoB forum here

And if RoF is a hyped product what isn't BoB then?
You claim me to be the fanboy while you're worshiping oleg confident of how it's already gonna be a 10x leap over RoF and all the others sims out there without even seeing a SINGLE game play video of it and rarly hearing any information at all.

your having another brain fart, got lost in where you are again ?

lemme help you out, yeps your again in an il2/BoB forum ! and guess what, thats where people get their updates on BoB and discuss it, not every other flying turd that grabs the short attention span of your limited brain power. want to discuss flying turds, go to the turd forum, you've even been warned by the moderators here before

and since you seem to know so little about il2/BoB, the 1946 addon cd already had ingame video from BoB, or did the pirated copy you downloaded not include the 2 cd ? ooops, catch you out there with your trousers down did we ?

I've yet to see the fake 3d models you're on about however there is no secret that in a flight simulation you've to make sacrifices in favor for performance. Seriously you can't draw over 500.000 trees that are true 100% detailed 3d models and expect to run it on a high end machine today...

there you go again, blabbering on as if you know something profound about gaming without having a clue, and just making a string of excuses for what looks like a pretty crappy game. of course if you use 5000 of oleg's old tree types in RoF will you need a quad cray with liquid nitrogen cooling, but that the point now isnt it ? just go and refresh your mind at how stunning some of olegs new trees look compared to the old il2 ones, and hey guess what, you'll have heaps of them to running on a modern pc.

and btw, even the free new scenery maps for the il2 mods look heaps better than RoF imo, just have a little search for Canon's UK maps, and the new BoB maps being made for which screenshots have been posted on the main il2 forums in the last months.

I am sure that if it was possible in terms of time, money and system requirements the ROF team would love to have Crysis graphics on the ground for all entities and units just as much as the Crysis team would love to have insane flight aerodynamics and a world gameplay map as large as the one in RoF, but you see they're two different games focusing entirely on their own agenda not world domination and perfection in every corner.

and there my little internet troll you have stepped right in the poop again

because if you look at oleg's work in progress, thats exactly what a next level new flightsim should take us, and by oleg reports of progress that is exactly what he is aiming for. the ground objects and planes look absolutely stunning in detail, so good in fact many of us are speculating it might incorporate a 1e person shooter environment at some point.

add to that online-offline play, dynamic campaigns, a reputable product from a designer with a good track record, well you get my drift, it's gonna be a hoot and no hype needed.

virre89
04-26-2009, 05:36 PM
lol you cant even think rationally

the low level aerial view and ground level views look pretty crappy, it is empty and bland. do we have to light a few joints and get in a special mood to see something revolutionary there ? its flat, empty, lifeless and boring with a few of the old dated il2 trees

what is a bit odd is that you keep being the one that turns up here and hypes this over rated crap here, maybe you got lost somewhere with all that complex clickedy-click you have to do in a browser to navigate the web, but you landed in an il2/BoB forum here

your having another brain fart, got lost in where you are again ?

lemme help you out, yeps your again in an il2/BoB forum ! and guess what, thats where people get their updates on BoB and discuss it, not every other flying turd that grabs the short attention span of your limited brain power. want to discuss flying turds, go to the turd forum, you've even been warned by the moderators here before

and since you seem to know so little about il2/BoB, the 1946 addon cd already had ingame video from BoB, or did the pirated copy you downloaded not include the 2 cd ? ooops, catch you out there with your trousers down did we ?

there you go again, blabbering on as if you know something profound about gaming without having a clue, and just making a string of excuses for what looks like a pretty crappy game. of course if you use 5000 of oleg's old tree types in RoF will you need a quad cray with liquid nitrogen cooling, but that the point now isnt it ? just go and refresh your mind at how stunning some of olegs new trees look compared to the old il2 ones, and hey guess what, you'll have heaps of them to running on a modern pc.

and btw, even the free new scenery maps for the il2 mods look heaps better than RoF imo, just have a little search for Canon's UK maps, and the new BoB maps being made for which screenshots have been posted on the main il2 forums in the last months.

and there my little internet troll you have stepped right in the poop again

because if you look at oleg's work in progress, thats exactly what a next level new flightsim should take us, and by oleg reports of progress that is exactly what he is aiming for. the ground objects and planes look absolutely stunning in detail, so good in fact many of us are speculating it might incorporate a 1e person shooter environment at some point.

add to that online-offline play, dynamic campaigns, a reputable product from a designer with a good track record, well you get my drift, it's gonna be a hoot and no hype needed.

Well my friend you just proved to yourself and everyone around here that your an immature little kid just looking for a fight, pm me if you've some real answers to my posts above instead of pathetically trying to insult me in every single one of you're replies. It's entertaining to see you try tho , I'll guess i'll go make some popcorn as well :)

The board is IL2 it's not even about SoW , but hey whatever right, the topic is about RoF stick to it.
I don't know but maybe you think that everyone who stands by RoF or buys it will hate SoW or does hate SoW and IL2?
Been playing il2 for as long as i can remember and the same goes for looking forward to BoB, now i can't say that i am disappointed when another quality sim of the same level pops up and takes us back to ww1 aviation..

And for the record i do own the 1946 DVD ;)
(2 and half year old video mate, and i can't say that it's looking stunning judging by that ;) ) *caught fanboy*

Last but not least pm me your sources of a buggy / dead environment of RoF and include the Fake 3d models , I'd love to see them you know :P

JG52Uther
04-26-2009, 07:38 PM
zzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzzz

Feuerfalke
04-26-2009, 08:38 PM
Forget it Bobb, you cant educate Pork.

http://jerryong.com/blog/boring.jpg

RickRuski
04-26-2009, 08:38 PM

@ RickRuski:

There was no referance from me to anything other than "Canvas Knights", no reference to any web sites or links. get your facts right

Abbeville-Boy
04-26-2009, 08:52 PM
can somebody tell me if ROF requires a connection to the internet at all times during game play, even if you want offline play? or do you only need internet to start the game, then you could disconnect and play offline mode?
i am worried about lag, thats why i like offline play, thk for answer.

robtek
04-26-2009, 09:05 PM
afaik you have to connect to get your updates and stats and when you finish you have to be connected to get the stats to the server, inbetween the connection isn´t needed.

C6_Krasno
04-26-2009, 09:10 PM
And there will be no lag, as there won't be any remote host.

Feuerfalke
04-26-2009, 10:46 PM
There was no referance from me to anything other than "Canvas Knights", no reference to any web sites or links. get your facts right

Get your facts right:
Discussion about, referrals and links to mods or MOD sites is prohibited on this site.
Threads with prohibited information will be edited, or deleted without explanation.

You are refering to a mod and discussing it, which is forbidden. Pretty simple.

@ Abbeville-Boy:
The mission-stats sent are just a few lines of data. You can even upload them via dialup in a matter of seconds.

RickRuski
04-27-2009, 03:06 AM
Get your facts right:

You are refering to a mod and discussing it, which is forbidden. Pretty simple.

@ Abbeville-Boy:
The mission-stats sent are just a few lines of data. You can even upload them via dialup in a matter of seconds.
Don't know where you found that quote in our forum rules, I think it is taken from your interpretation of seperate bits. If I am wrong quote me the rule number

C6_Krasno
04-27-2009, 05:33 AM
Don't know where you found that quote in our forum rules, I think it is taken from your interpretation of seperate bits. If I am wrong quote me the rule number
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=6846

Feuerfalke
04-27-2009, 05:37 AM
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=6846

Thanks for posting the link.

Interesting enough it's labeled

"Postings that are Prohibited on this site"

and it is a sticky on this forum, so this fact should have been easy to get. ;)

zapatista
04-27-2009, 08:55 AM
Well my friend .... ... ... ., I'd love to see them you know

and, thats it ? nothing more interesting to say ?

you'r even pretty pathetic as a troll

just had a read of a review on a blog from a beta tester (the rock paper shotgun site), if its correct what he said you only get 2 flyable planes with the game !! lol, your dad is gonna love you when you come every 2 weeks to him for another 50$ for the next new aircraft released that you have to buy. for those of us living in real life the whole scheme seems idiotic and poorly thought out.

and now i have a riddle for those intending to buy RoF, do you think the newer planes they will have on sale later will be better/worse, faster/slower, bigger/smaller guns, etc then the stock 2 you get with the initial game you buy ? i guess we all know the answer already, unless you keep buying whatever new crap they they keep releasing you wont be competitive online.

Bobb4
04-27-2009, 09:43 AM
now i have a riddle for those intending to buy RoF, do you think the newer planes they will have on sale later will be better/worse, faster/slower, bigger/smaller guns, etc then the stock 2 you get with the initial game you buy ? i guess we all know the answer already, unless you keep buying whatever new crap they they keep releasing you wont be competitive online.
I have had a guy blow me out of the sky flying a P11, after that I stopped worrying about Uber planes I worry more about the skills of the pilot.
A good pilot will fly rings around a bad pilot in a good plane...
To extend your argument you would need to add ping, lag, screen resolution and frame rate into the equation. Hell if I wanted fair I would fly against the AI only

RickRuski
04-27-2009, 10:00 AM
Thanks for posting the link.

Interesting enough it's labeled

"Postings that are Prohibited on this site"

and it is a sticky on this forum, so this fact should have been easy to get. ;)
If nearmiss's sticky is supposed to be "Official 1c forum Rules" then let it be add to those rules in that form, which at present it is not.

Robert
04-27-2009, 10:50 AM
If nearmiss's sticky is supposed to be "Official 1c forum Rules" then let it be add to those rules in that form, which at present it is not.

Nike-It (a 1C forum moderator) has already moved two topics to the off-topic section of the 1C forums. One had to do with RoF and DRM. The other was one talking about IL2 mods.

I suspect this'll get shut down too in due time.

Nike-it
04-27-2009, 10:57 AM
Nike-It (a 1C forum moderator) has already moved two topics to the off-topic section of the 1C forums. One had to do with RoF and DRM. The other was one talking about IL2 mods.

I suspect this'll get shut down too in due time.

This thread won't be shut down, but also is moved to other topics.

zapatista
04-27-2009, 02:36 PM
I have had a guy blow me out of the sky flying a P11, after that I stopped worrying about Uber planes I worry more about the skills of the pilot.
A good pilot will fly rings around a bad pilot in a good plane...
To extend your argument you would need to add ping, lag, screen resolution and frame rate into the equation. Hell if I wanted fair I would fly against the AI only

maybe true in some cases where the better pilot with an inferior machine can gain the upper hand, but all things being equal the "better" plane has an advantage, otherwise you would have citroen 2CV's participating in F1 racing

as i am sure you understood, the point is that if the better planes in RoF will only be allocated to those that keep spending the most money then there is a serious problem in the way it is designed. but i suspect by its creators its just seen as a "feature" added to increase the money they can squeeze from their ever dwindling customer base.

virre89
04-27-2009, 04:06 PM
and, thats it ? nothing more interesting to say ?

you'r even pretty pathetic as a troll

just had a read of a review on a blog from a beta tester (the rock paper shotgun site), if its correct what he said you only get 2 flyable planes with the game !! lol, your dad is gonna love you when you come every 2 weeks to him for another 50$ for the next new aircraft released that you have to buy. for those of us living in real life the whole scheme seems idiotic and poorly thought out.

and now i have a riddle for those intending to buy RoF, do you think the newer planes they will have on sale later will be better/worse, faster/slower, bigger/smaller guns, etc then the stock 2 you get with the initial game you buy ? i guess we all know the answer already, unless you keep buying whatever new crap they they keep releasing you wont be competitive online.

What an empty argument, still awaiting your sources for your previous arguments roffel.
It's just obvious your spitting shit out of your mouth and all around you just to harass everyone that buys RoF since it doesn't fit your imaginary game of the year, seriously let us pay for it and don't worry about us, I'll tell you after initial release how much of a "waste" it was to pay 50$ on this game.

I'll quote a SIMHQ Admin on this because he said it so well;

cs Thor, the problem isn't people who have reservations in general. Most of us have reservations in general about this system that NeoQb has put into place.

What is bothersome are the individuals that are what I call 'one trick ponies'. YOu know the types. These are guys that will enter a thread called, 'New ROF pics' and will immediately start hammering on the devs for the softward check system or whatever. When told that they should knock it off they then scream about how important it is that everyone know what kind of meenies this company or that company is because they mandate some kind of software system and so on and so on.

We've seen this plainly with SF in the past. I know, say Starforce three times and the beast will rise again but it is a perfect example of how any thread was ruined by self appointed messengers who felt that any thread had to have at least ten references to the evil, horrendous Starforce (that's two) so consumers would be able to make an 'intelligent' decision. Of course that decision had to be one that the messenger felt was appropriate.

It is fine you have pricipals but when people start interjecting their personal agendas into every thread then it goes beyond having your principal to trying to impose your beliefs on others. If no one can discuss one aspect of a game without another person shoving another aspect in their face then there will be no discussion at all.

I still think that the best way to discuss things like DRM (which the sign in every time to play the game really is) is to have a forum about it. We put a big sign at the top of the forum to direct people with curiousities about that forum. All we ask is that the people there be members of SimHq and sign in. However there are bunches of folks that consider this small request to be some kind of great burden on humanity and another big fight starts after that.

Sorry but after day after day of reading this stuff, followed by constant arguments that we are somehow suppressing the information because we want people to be actual members of SimHq to read the DRM arguments and we get a little bit tainted and irritated, and we start to become sarcastic.

I wish people would become this exercised and involved with their own countries problems instead of jumping on the white horse over a 45 dollar video game. Maybe some of the world's problems wouldn't be so bad.

You fit the description 99,9 %.

Besides you're going personal about this.. involving my dad and friends as a way to insult me, seriously dude it's way to obvious that you don't have a clue of what you're talking about.

I'd say a ban of you would soon be in place..

Lazarus
04-27-2009, 04:31 PM

Actually Tree is correct. I have the cake and I've eaten it too! :-P

zapatista
04-28-2009, 05:49 AM
just to harass everyone that buys RoF since it doesn't fit your imaginary game of the year, seriously let us pay for it and don't worry about us, I'll tell you after initial release how much of a "waste" it was to pay 50$ on this game.

you really cant think rationally, can you ?

go and get all exited with your bestest friends at the RoF forums and swap spit there, nobody from the il2/BoB forums will come and bother you there, just dont come and promote that junk in the il2/BoB forum and expect people to look uncritically at whatever latest toy you get all exited over

I'll quote a SIMHQ Admin on this because he said it so well;

learn how to think for yourself if you ever want to understand how the world functions, and maybe start by not blindly quoting things you dont understand

simhq is a commercial venture, and nowadays is a website and forum that is run to make money (it wasnt at its inception, but was later sold by its original creator), and by the looks of that admin post there is a large volume of negative comments on RoF in their forums and simhq is now worried it risks reducing the revenue they can make from RoF game/retail advertisers. if anything their statement is an indication of censorship and how they try to contain negative posts by blocking discussion on this issue (seems most people that intended to, now wont buy the game), in past instances simhq were able to walk the fine line without using censorship and i thought they managed controversial issues fairly well, this time they havnt.

Besides you're going personal about this..

you poor thing, are those nasty people on the internet being rude to you for no reason ? i'll give you a hint, but you'r going to have to start figuring some of your life out yourself because there wont always be nice people like myself to help you out

just re-read your own recent one sided fanboy type posts promoting RoF in the il2/BoB forum here from the beginning, and you should be able to easily notice how rude and obnoxious you are to other posters who dislike RoF for various reasons. you'r a crybaby for thinking you can be rude to other and then whine when you get a decent serve in return. wake up and realize the world is full of people that have different opinions to yours and they will voice them to. simply learn to coexist with them in a civilized fashion, and i suspect that they will then probably leave you alone to

zapatista
04-28-2009, 06:40 AM
going by some other posts i have been reading, it seems that right from the start of the RoF game being sold they will have "addon" planes for sale (seen at the wings of honor website)

so from what i can make out so far, you get only 2 planes for your first 50$ (the list price is 35 euro), and you then need to spend another 50$ for the next plane from the same people that just sold you the game (havnt seen a specific price for those yet), etc...

the more i hear about this, the worst it gets, they are selling you an incomplete game from the start

virre89
04-28-2009, 04:53 PM
Seriously Zapatista you're the most stupid n incompetent person on these boards that I've ever come across, i remember you whining in old threads as well trying and trying so hard to prove your point while no one gives a **** about your fantasy arguments that you make up without having any reliable basis for what you're saying. Black Shark contains only one aircraft still I amongst many fans bought it , quantity doesn't equal quality now IL2 might have 50+ planes but compared to i.e how Black Shark simulates the KA50 non of the Aircrafts comes close. (Black shark is for instance the most realistic simulator on the market at the moment)

It's all about quality but sure you don't see that, it's not an incomplete game but if that's what you wanna call it whatever then..

You know what, we don't care and we won't miss you.

Nike-it
04-29-2009, 07:03 AM
Guys if don't stop quarrelling and offensing each other I will have to close this thread!

zapatista
04-29-2009, 03:11 PM
Private Message: Go see the doctor

Default Go see the doctor
Just a suggestion you've serious issues
Forward Message

virre89,

you sending rude private msg's now and harassing people to ?

you naughty naughty little boy, even after being told to behave yourself you cant seem to control your tantrums.

and you've missed the point about black shark, its a high tech modern flight simulator modeling their helicopter in high detail while using its advanced high tech weapon systems in a complex dynamic battle field scenario. and you interact with aircraft of all types, other helicopters, ground vehicles including tanks etc. it provides that exactly as advertised :)

from the screenshots of RoF i find their cockpits cartoonish in comparison. whats funny with you is that you havnt actually even used RoF yourself, yet you keep posting these wild and wonderful expectations of it and idealize it without even having seen it.

when others then post various bits they dont like about it (so far), you have little temper tantrums and get rude and childish

zapatista
04-29-2009, 03:27 PM
for those that can still focus on RoF related issues

ww-1 was a very particular war on the western front, other then the initial fast invasion of the germans through belgium into france when it was a fast moving front, this all gound to a halt after a final french counter offensive when the germans had almost reached paris. after that it mostly became trench warfare, with massive artillery battles and waves of assaulting infantry.

at the start of ww-1 aircraft could barely fly, and only served as airborne reconnaissance to look for ground troop movements and do some spotting for artillery. only gradually did aircraft start dropping a few bombs (mostly raiding factories behind enemy lines), and sporadic aerial engagements started. from the mid to end war aerial engagement became frequent but mostly involved 4 or 6 aircraft from one side engaging others they encountered, there almost never were engagements with large number of aircraft like in ww2

so for RoF:
- is trench warfare modeled: nope
- are large artillery battles modeled: nope
- is artillery spotting role from aircraft modeled: nope
- will aircraft not have radio communications so it creates a realistic low tech flying environment: nope, voice comms will be used which COMPLETELY changes the environment
- is the ground modeled in great detail, since most flying was done at lower altitudes this seems important: nope, very low detail in scenery but lots of cpu cycle eating poorly designed trees
- will aircraft encounters be modeling small groups of aircraft fighting it out in chance encounters ?: nope, you'll have a few 100 all buzzing together like mad little flies pretending to be the red baron. fuel loads were extremely limited in ww2, so it is not as if you can go on longer missions aiming at more distant targets either. it will be swarming large furrballs like on some of the arcade servers we know.

add to that you only get 2 aircraft with the game, and every month have to buy another one to keep up to date, and the fact you cant actually play it offline whenever it suits YOU the buyer....

so unless it actually turns out to be some ultra realistic and interesting new game that has been well designed and creates a greatly immerse environment and scenario (and somebody fixes the offline mode), no thanks :)

virre89
04-29-2009, 03:32 PM
And yet another empty argument :D
Non of which you've any basis for still awaiting what is it now 5 post ago the sources for that? Pathetic you are indeed, but hey you're the one missing out on the years most anticipating flightsim while bashing it with nothing but a desperate mouth, to bad no one cares since it's all just an act of imagination.

Come back when you've played it with some constructive arguments kid.
About that PM , ye i was just gonna se if you were about to post it and yes it's the Zapatista i remember always running to the admins for help.

Last but not least your bash against SIMHQ was the most rolling on floor laughing my ass of post i've yet seen, you can't be serious are you?
(i hope not for you're sake)

-- Cheers! 8-)

zapatista
04-29-2009, 03:37 PM
And yet another empty argument, no one cares about your opinion mate.

you sure seem to :P

or is that your bestest friend doing the typing for you ?

and no i didnt see anything sensible you said that was actually worth replying to, did i miss something ?

zapatista
04-29-2009, 03:58 PM
About that PM , ye i was just gonna se if you were about to post it and yes it's the Zapatista i remember always running to the admins for help.

poor recovery attempt there with your little edits :P

so now you are trying to convince us it was not just another rude little temper outburst from you that you tried to sneak in because you thought daddy wasnt watching, but in fact it was some really profound and cunning plan ? wew, now where did i last see that level of reasoning..... ahh primary skool probably :)

virre89
04-29-2009, 04:32 PM
poor recovery attempt there with your little edits :P

so now you are trying to convince us it was not just another rude little temper outburst from you that you tried to sneak in because you thought daddy wasnt watching, but in fact it was some really profound and cunning plan ? wew, now where did i last see that level of reasoning..... ahh primary skool probably :)

<3 love you too

JG52Uther
05-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Some people just like to argue.If someone said water was wet,someone else would say the opposite!
Its good that its been moved here,where nobody comes,so you two can fight in peace! ;)

zapatista
05-02-2009, 07:40 AM
its also good that the promotion of a poorly designed, but potentially competing flightsim product, is moved out of the BoB/il2 forum

zauii
05-03-2009, 07:27 PM
Put aside all the kids whining, i am really looking forward to Rise of Flight. It's just about 5 days left until the release in Russia and CIS and we've all been awaiting a quality simulator for years, this might just be it and if you don't enjoy ww1 or the quality of the product no one forces you to play it.

No product is perfect nor flawless that goes for IL2 , SoW:BOB, RoF and all the other games out there or still in development, and we'll be getting the reviews of RoF soon enough and then everyone can base their decisions on some real facts. Besides Zapatista how IL2 looks today in terms of content can in no way be compared to the release of RoF, since the initial release of IL2 back in 2001 it has received constant engine & environment updates along with payware and freeware packs which made it what it is today.

The same goes for RoF anything can be implemented in patches, updates and addons.

- Zauii

zapatista
05-10-2009, 08:47 AM
The same goes for RoF anything can be implemented in patches, updates and addons.
- Zauii

except of course that with il2 you purchased a complete game with lots of flyable planes from the start which you could play on your own offline in single missions or as a campaign, and use coops over lan and the internet, and didnt require you to give your CC information online to some unknown company. it had lots of free updates and patches, then had further addons and improvements over the years that made major improvements (those were for sale)

compare that to RoF, where you only get 2 flyable planes at the start, and immediately are expected to keep paying more money to add more planes, you cant play it offline, can only buy the game online with a CC which goes to some foreign country that isnt governed by our consumer laws, and you need a cray supercomputer to run scenery which looks like a 1990's game just because they added 100's of trees that eat your cpu cycles

i'd say those 2 consumer options are very different :)

zauii
05-13-2009, 03:02 PM
except of course that with il2 you purchased a complete game with lots of flyable planes from the start which you could play on your own offline in single missions or as a campaign, and use coops over lan and the internet, and didnt require you to give your CC information online to some unknown company. it had lots of free updates and patches, then had further addons and improvements over the years that made major improvements (those were for sale)

compare that to RoF, where you only get 2 flyable planes at the start, and immediately are expected to keep paying more money to add more planes, you cant play it offline, can only buy the game online with a CC which goes to some foreign country that isnt governed by our consumer laws, and you need a cray supercomputer to run scenery which looks like a 1990's game just because they added 100's of trees that eat your cpu cycles

i'd say those 2 consumer options are very different :)

No point in discussing with you anymore, you're behaving like a child somewhere along these lines "IL2 is my favorite TOY and its WAY better than yours no matter what you say or do so piss off neighbor,". I don't know if you're just a 56k user pissed due to the online connection judging that you're first complaint only was about it.

If you wanna consider yourself a winner of the thread war go ahead you've changed no-ones opinion by doing it, just making a fool out of yourself.
If you want to discuss in real time ; headyownz@hotmail.com is my msn you're more than welcome or you'll find me at SIMHQ.

// Last post // Last Visit

Tvrdi
05-13-2009, 09:28 PM
its also good that the promotion of a poorly designed, but potentially competing flightsim product, is moved out of the BoB/il2 forum

despite all the bugs and only a few planes (in this initial russian release) ROF is THE BEST SIM UP TO F....ING DATE.....period

I dunno if you were with the demo of IL2 back then in 2001 like we....do you know how many poor ppl like you acted in the same way? hehe

zapatista
05-15-2009, 04:19 PM
No point in discussing with you anymore,

your not "discussing" anything, maybe look the word up in a dictionary so you actually know what it means before you use it. all you have done so far is to have a temper tantrum and become obnoxious when somebody pointed out some of the OBVIOUS negative points identified in RoF so far.

you're behaving like a child somewhere along these lines "IL2 is my favorite TOY and its WAY better than yours no matter what you say or do so piss off neighbor,"

is your attention span really that short you dont even know what you just posted before in this same thread ? YOU brought up the comparison with il2, i just pointed out that what you stated in your ill attempted comparison is irrational and you dont seem to know your facts

I don't know if you're just a 56k user pissed due to the online connection judging that you're first complaint only was about it.

other forum users here dont really have the time to wait for you to actually grow a brain, they will just make their opinion up from what you actually posted, so to resolve the folly maybe your keyboard should be taken away instead. there are MANY reasons why requiring a 24/7 net connection to a remote server russia doesnt make sense for home gaming, for ex ...
- to play solo missions with an AI element only, play a campaign, or do some coops over a lan with another pc in your house/office its simply NOT NEEDED to perform those tasks, and in fact prevents many people from using the game in many situations, not just having a 56k modem from 1992
- many people now are on adsl with phones and other pc's taking access of the same phone line, not all those other games/uses can use data shaping to make sure each user has a constant minimum in net access for their application to function and prevent sudden disconnection
- laptops and game consoles are taken on holiday, to the beach house, on long train journeys, to the office for breaktime etc, or used in rooms in a house that might not have a network connection

the simple fact is that IT IS NOT NEEDED for the game to function to FORCE permanent 24/7 internet or network access, its a nuisance factor simply added by the game creators in the naive belief it will raise money and people will follow them like little sheep just because there is a shiny toy at the end of the piece of string, yet in their ignorance they have excluded 90% of their potential customers at the same time (going by official il2 stats stated by oleg 90% of il2 flightsim series users only used it offline)

If you wanna consider yourself a winner of the thread war go ahead you've changed no-ones opinion by doing it, just making a fool out of yourself.

your teen level of logic, or lack of logic i should say, makes you rather boring. does your mind really have only 2 levels of comprehending the universe around you, they either agree with you and wag their tails at whatever new toy you just found, or the only other option being they want to "win" a thread ? lol, at least you'r good for a laugh :)

i'll try and help you out since your new here and so you dont keep running into walls and keep blaming the universe. for most forums, including the thread on the current topic, post something smart and interesting about what is new and great about RoF and what you think will make it a great sim, and most people will probably just come over to have a looksee and shoot the breeze.

but if you pretend there are no legitimate complaints or concerns, and make only obnoxious remarks and pretend your the only person that has an opinion that matters then you'll probably run into trouble, simple really

If you want to discuss in real time ; headyownz@hotmail.com is my msn you're more than welcome or you'll find me at SIMHQ.

// Last post // Last Visit

unless you get an IQ and EQ upgrade in the near future, i doubt you'll be more interesting to talk to next time

have a nice trip !!

zapatista
05-15-2009, 04:48 PM
despite all the bugs and only a few planes (in this initial russian release) ROF is THE BEST SIM UP TO F....ING DATE.....period

turd, somebody must have let loose a herd of your lot, or a nest of eggs has just hatched and you'r all surfacing at the same time

cant you really spot the flaw in your one sided perspective ? YOU HAVE NOT PERSONALLY TRIED IT YET, but your full of opinions about everything in it being perfect, and act as if NOTHING can be wrong with it whatsoever.

many legitimate concerns have been listed about it since we recently have found out more about it, and early adopters in russia are listing all kinds of bugz, lacking or missing features, and other problems with it. i suspect some of the beta testers are also given something in return to motivate positive opinions from them.

now the next little step your brain takes is where you go wrong. you seem to think that because YOU dont mind ignoring the negative bits that suddenly they dont matter to EVERYBODY ELSE either, can you spot the logic flaw ? we, the other forum users, dont really care that much about how you waste your money and what your standards are to rate a flightsim on, we form our own opinions and come to these forums to exchange information on the good AND the bad before we make an informed decision on getting a new product.

I dunno if you were with the demo of IL2 back then in 2001 like we....do you know how many poor ppl like you acted in the same way? hehe

hehe well, hehe, you again dont really know what you are talking about hehe isnt that hehe really funny, you know, how ignorant you are and all hehe

fun and games aside, nope ! the il2 release was a very different situation. the initial development of it was very low key (it wasnt even going to be released in the west when they initially started on it), but many longer term flight simmers had spotted its creation on their radar and kept track of its evolution. by the time the long awaited demo came out, which i still remember flying and iirc was even released with full network connection enabled BEFORE the game was ever on sale, it was immediately clear that it was a winner.

and with your "how many poor ppl like you acted in the same way? " your again showing your ignorance, because from the moment the il2 demo was released and started getting rave feedback, information mostly spread about it by word of mouth and forums, NOT by a big hyped marketing scam like RoF where they switched the product at the last moment and still hope to get sales. il2 was a commercial success because it was a good product, was sold as a normal game that all users could use wherever THEY wanted and needed to use it, the creators actively encouraged user feedback and interacted with them, providing a constant stream of patches, upgrades and improvements. yeps in its 8 years of evolution we had to buy it 3 or 4 times, but each step was a MAJOR step forward and you knew exactly what you were getting and why you'd want to buy it (the pacific fighters release being the main exception, where several advertised planes were missing, like the carrier based torpedo bombers). il2 was developed, and marketed, in a VERY different way from RoF, in fact one being so good is what makes the other now look so bad because we have something to compare it to !

Tvrdi
05-15-2009, 05:44 PM
1) A friend of mine was a beta tester
2) when i saw leaked il2 movies (before demo) I had the same impression
3) I dont f care if you will play ROF or not
4) I will be in the ROF sky and...

you will be?

heheheehheheheheheheehehehehehehheheehehheeheheheh ehhehehehehehehehehehehehehhehehehehehehehehhehehe hehehehehehehehehehhehehhehehehehehehehehehehehehe hhehehehehehheheheh

btw your hehe joke sucks...

virre89
05-16-2009, 06:00 PM
Biggest cunt on the forums thats him (Zapatista) and if it's something i've learn its not bother about anything he says, just glad the RoF community will do without him.

Cheers MF'R