PDA

View Full Version : Game too hard to be enjoyable

Todd77
04-24-2009, 10:46 PM
My idea of a good game & enjoying gaming doesnt involve repetitive saving and reloading. I like the game, its just too hard to be enjoyable, even on Easy. I hate reloading everytime one of my guns dies, if I dont, I cant pass the mission. (sevastopol). So my question is, is the rest of the game like this? The other missions this hard? Saving, reloading, saving, reloading, cursing, saving, reloading? If so, no offense, but Id rather cut my losses, quit cutting my teeth, and go one to another game

haorant
04-25-2009, 07:15 AM
well the german missions are great not hard at all by far the most fun campian in the game but the allied missions are very hard but i won them and u get a great feeling that you achived something unlike easy games that you forget the momment u stop playing

Tomalak
04-25-2009, 01:37 PM
Todd, just take a break from the Russians, and start one of the other campaigns. :)

JuggernautOfWar
04-25-2009, 09:39 PM
My idea of a good game & enjoying gaming doesnt involve repetitive saving and reloading. I like the game, its just too hard to be enjoyable, even on Easy. I hate reloading everytime one of my guns dies, if I dont, I cant pass the mission. (sevastopol). So my question is, is the rest of the game like this? The other missions this hard? Saving, reloading, saving, reloading, cursing, saving, reloading? If so, no offense, but Id rather cut my losses, quit cutting my teeth, and go one to another game

Odd thing is; I passed that mission the first time I ever played it, where most people don't. The one I had trouble with was the mission after Sevestapol. I finally passed it though.

Mack the Knife
04-25-2009, 10:09 PM
this game is not too hard, you just have to get better. if i can do it, you can do it. if you don't want to put in the time to master the game then quit playing but joe montana didn't just get up off the couch one day and start playing pro football...

Tomalak
04-25-2009, 10:12 PM
Odd thing is; I passed that mission the first time I ever played it, where most people don't. The one I had trouble with was the mission after Sevestapol. I finally passed it though.

Luck plays a big part of this mission (Sevastopol), which is the main reason for the discrepancy you mentioned. A lucky hit from a German tank, or a strafing run from an enemy plane can have grave consequences, since you are so dependent on your AT defense.

I didn't pass it on my 1st attempt, however, when I did, by the time the last ship was leaving port and the mission ended, I was in a middle of an offensive to take back the first line trenches on the right flank.

One of these days I'm gonna try to play it again and continue after the mission ends, to try and clear out all the Germans. I wonder if enemy attack waves continue after the mission is complete?

Badger
04-26-2009, 08:10 PM
attack waves continue but your men are ground down eventually with no resuply. good game though.

JuggernautOfWar
04-27-2009, 06:00 AM
attack waves continue but your men are ground down eventually with no resuply. good game though.

Yes, the waves never stop. I was playing against an unstoppable German horde that still had active 600mm artillery pieces (Thor or whatever) for about 20 minutes until I just hit Continue and went on. And you're right about this being a very good game. :-)

sgt_munny
05-05-2009, 11:12 AM
I have to agree, this game is often way too hard. But its not only too hard, its unfair also. Now im in the german Scorsching Sands mission and this one is just laughable unfair. Most tanks i have to hit at least 4 times before they start smoking or lose a track while my tanks are easely taken out with one or 2 shots. There is also 1 ******* britisch tank shooting ALL of my tanks with one shot heavely damaged or straight to pieces. I swear i shot this tank about 20 times and missed about half. Still 10 hits and its still alive and not even smoking. Very frustrating and a waist of what could have been a good game.

Mkilbride
05-05-2009, 11:38 AM
Weird, that was an easy Mission for me. The hardest one is the this coast mission I am on now. I have roughly 30-40 guys and such, but the enemy is rushing me with like 200. I also have to use Arty to destroy the ships passing by, and their long range arty keeps attacking mine.

It's the very, very frustrating.

sgt_munny
05-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Weird, that was an easy Mission for me. The hardest one is the this coast mission I am on now. I have roughly 30-40 guys and such, but the enemy is rushing me with like 200. I also have to use Arty to destroy the ships passing by, and their long range arty keeps attacking mine.

It's the very, very frustrating.

I just completed that mission and i was hard but managed this one pretty good. U need flak cannons on the coast to take out the ships(i think u have to shoot down 5 or 6 (transport ships and battle ships). Strange thing is u have to shoot blind. What i had to do is click the binoculars on the objective to spot the ship , and then aim on the pointer lol.

Mkilbride
05-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Yeah, I beat it. I was on the Infantry part of the mission. Though now I hear since I updated, all of my old saves are now useless. Brilliant ******* job guys.

krtkllr70
05-07-2009, 02:25 AM
Todd, just take a break from the Russians, and start one of the other campaigns. :)

How can you do that ? the other missions wont be playable for me ???only the soviets , I must asume it is because i havent finnished that campain ??
I downloaded this thing from d2d is that why? how do i play as any other army before i finnish the soviet part >????
please inform i am stumped..

Nike-it
05-07-2009, 06:07 AM
How can you do that ? the other missions wont be playable for me ???only the soviets , I must asume it is because i havent finnished that campain ??
I downloaded this thing from d2d is that why? how do i play as any other army before i finnish the soviet part >????
please inform i am stumped..

You have to finish the tutorial mission for soviets, then other nations will be opened. The mission is quite easy, don't think there will be any problems, just use Direct control when you get the tank, it really helps!

LocoJay-LoED
05-11-2009, 09:21 PM
I have to agree, this game is often way too hard. But its not only too hard, its unfair also. Now im in the german Scorsching Sands mission and this one is just laughable unfair. Most tanks i have to hit at least 4 times before they start smoking or lose a track while my tanks are easely taken out with one or 2 shots. There is also 1 ******* britisch tank shooting ALL of my tanks with one shot heavely damaged or straight to pieces. I swear i shot this tank about 20 times and missed about half. Still 10 hits and its still alive and not even smoking. Very frustrating and a waist of what could have been a good game.

I think you are going about the game wrong. Most tanks have VERY heavy front armor more so for tank busters.. also heavy tanks move slow and turn slow.. 2 light tanks and destroy 3-4 heavy tanks by flanking them and firing on the run... shoot out one of the tracks... this prevents the tank from turning around and placing heavy armor facing you.. then take out the turret this lets you flank without being fired on... and if you are playing AI they jump out of the tank when turret destroyed... this leaves tank for you to repair and take over the heavy tank...

use direct control the best way to take out the turrets... most times i have all the enemy tanks under my control before the end of mission, unless they have tanks and I have infantry... anyway hope this helps you :)

sgt_munny
05-24-2009, 08:32 PM
I think you are going about the game wrong. Most tanks have VERY heavy front armor more so for tank busters.. also heavy tanks move slow and turn slow.. 2 light tanks and destroy 3-4 heavy tanks by flanking them and firing on the run... shoot out one of the tracks... this prevents the tank from turning around and placing heavy armor facing you.. then take out the turret this lets you flank without being fired on... and if you are playing AI they jump out of the tank when turret destroyed... this leaves tank for you to repair and take over the heavy tank...

use direct control the best way to take out the turrets... most times i have all the enemy tanks under my control before the end of mission, unless they have tanks and I have infantry... anyway hope this helps you :)
Thanks for trying to help but I'm not excatly a noob at these games. I do flank and use DC and yes i can also repair a tank and even fuel it up! :grin: My point is, if a tank shows up in front and i shoot it once at the front nothing happens, but if the same thing happen to me and my tank totaly explodes, that makes my pants drop down you know, nothing one can do about that. And this did not happen just once or twice. Same size tank and shells.

But overall its a great game and it still keeps me playing dispite they make the AI cheat sometimes, or buged i dunno.

nilloc93
05-24-2009, 11:54 PM
Thanks for trying to help but I'm not excatly a noob at these games. I do flank and use DC and yes i can also repair a tank and even fuel it up! :grin: My point is, if a tank shows up in front and i shoot it once at the front nothing happens, but if the same thing happen to me and my tank totaly explodes, that makes my pants drop down you know, nothing one can do about that. And this did not happen just once or twice. Same size tank and shells.

But overall its a great game and it still keeps me playing dispite they make the AI cheat sometimes, or buged i dunno.

munny if i can point out
on scorching sands you get Caro M15 Italian LIGHT tanks now these things had such thin armor that its not far fetched for a British crusader MK IV or a
Matilda MK 2 to be able to waste these things there were some of the worst tanks of WWII. in other words you HAVE to get a LUCKY rear shot with a Caro on the back to take out a crusader.
a tip for this mission is just to get 88's and half tracks and have the 6? guys in the half track bum rush the tank trying to AT nade it.
sorry long post

sgt_munny
05-26-2009, 02:14 PM
I dunno that much about tanks but then that sux. Its the story of this game, always far outnumbred and have to do with lighter weapons then the enemy. But i finaly finished the german missions now, only the allied missions left :D

Any hints for the first alied mission? its crawling with enemies again and i must not be seen...

nilloc93
05-28-2009, 06:25 PM
i used a trainer for that one i &S%^ing hate the stealth missions on this game if i wanted stealth i would play splinter cell :(

sgt_munny
05-28-2009, 07:15 PM
i used a trainer for that one i &S%^ing hate the stealth missions on this game if i wanted stealth i would play splinter cell :(

Ok so there is a working trainer for this game? I tired one but that didn't work. Where can i get it :D

nilloc93
05-29-2009, 05:12 PM
well if you have the unpatched version then go to www.cheathappens.com and look up the men of war trainer i have not tested out the patched trainers but i am willing to bet the v1.XXXXXXX trainer +X will work aswel

xka
05-29-2009, 07:02 PM
Sometines is really hard. In russian submarine mission, when yo get comunication tower, you receive only a few soldiers, and they attack you with tanks and then, if you survive, you are attacked about every 5 minutes with a german column ..its imposible (the only antitank cannon destroyed, and panzershrek failes too much) I have restart mission and im cleaning zone before getting communication tower

sgt_munny
05-29-2009, 07:56 PM
well if you have the unpatched version then go to www.cheathappens.com and look up the men of war trainer i have not tested out the patched trainers but i am willing to bet the v1.XXXXXXX trainer +X will work aswel
I tired 4 trainers now and also the so called "easymod" but non of em work. Anyway, what trainer option does yours have to be usefull in a stealth mission anyway?

nilloc93
05-30-2009, 02:45 AM
your dudes can be invincible?'
and don't use and easymod just googe "men of war trainer cheathappens" download it run the trainer run the game press F1 on the menu and use the numpad to use the trainer

pbz06
06-03-2009, 08:41 AM
This game is so awesome, yet so frustrating. I'm already on the verge of putting it away. I like a good challenge, but not to the point where I have to retry each mission 10 times. That sucks away all the fun real quick.

torqual
06-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Hi there, soldiers of war, faces of war and men of war addon collection is a war simulator. War is not funny. i find that this is pointed out very accurate by the game. Surviving war is just a matter of luck. This is not a console egoshooter. please developers dont hear on people crying about how difficult your game is. its too easy. give me more hopeless fights next time to beat. sneaking into Fuehrerhauptquartier with two men and killing hitler would be just fine to me :).

i dont like the randomness of the gunfights in this title too. i dont like the fact that light tanks can destroy a king tiger with low calibre ammunition. The ranges in the game are all extreme close range, so its no wonder that a light tank can take out a heavy tank. in real life he would never got close to the heavy tank. german heavy tanks were famous/feared for their high precision long range shots. in men of war long they are hitting nothing. it makes me cry.

i liked the "stealth" missions the most. were kind of guerilla action. set ambush in town, shoot down patrol, hit and run. very enjoyable.

the randomness of the damagemodell is hard not the game itself. i was just hard quicksaving und reloading not thinking about battle tactics. so the game is too easy and not to hard for me. when i know whats going on in a mission my performance was much better. i lost all my own tanks in firefights okay. but you dont need tanks to do all the missions. playing without tanks makes the game much more enjoyable for me.

and yes i hate the matilda II. in one game my tiger shot a whole magazin of atshells at this bitch. and it didn't want to explode.

ps.: Where can i buy a amored dodge? are they still being produced? are they still used by allied elite units?

irod
06-18-2009, 03:34 AM
This game is not too easy yet not too hard. I played through every mission on normal difficulty with no problems except for the last allied mission. Now that one's almost impossible without the extra guns you get on easy. The key for me in alot of missions was the sniper, or any rifleman with a sniper rifle really. Overall a very enjoyable game. Does anyone know if theres gonna be a jap campaign?

Tierarzt
06-27-2009, 01:12 AM
There are three modes to play MoW; easy, medium and hard. If you find the game to difficult then knock it down a level.

Personally, I find a game that is too easy to be boring. It's good to have a challenge to keep players interested longer. If you finish the game in two or three days, that's a complete waste of money, both yours and the developers.

A good game should have a good balance of difficulty versus playability, and MoW does just that.

I look forward to completing the game on easy mode and then knocking up to next level and going through it again.

Crismac
06-28-2009, 11:41 AM
Sometines is really hard. In russian submarine mission, when yo get comunication tower, you receive only a few soldiers, and they attack you with tanks and then, if you survive, you are attacked about every 5 minutes with a german column ..its imposible (the only antitank cannon destroyed, and panzershrek failes too much) I have restart mission and I'm cleaning zone before getting communication towerYea,I've tried this mission over 15 times can never get past it :confused:.I just gave up went on to the German campaigns.I completed them with not much problem.Allies missions not so lucky,I cant even get by the first one :oops:.The bonus missions I think I'm on the fifth one.

imperialage1
07-04-2009, 11:49 AM
this game is hard but you have to adjust. you dont go from playing command and conquer 3 tiberium wars to men of war in just a day(well i cant). Now that i got used to it, im a pretty good player.

kane1
07-05-2009, 01:59 AM
Change the RULES. Completed Russian mission, the Factory. My army.

nilloc93
07-29-2009, 06:51 PM
Hi there, soldiers of war, faces of war and men of war addon collection is a war simulator. War is not funny. i find that this is pointed out very accurate by the game. Surviving war is just a matter of luck. This is not a console egoshooter. please developers dont hear on people crying about how difficult your game is. its too easy. give me more hopeless fights next time to beat. sneaking into Fuehrerhauptquartier with two men and killing hitler would be just fine to me :).

i dont like the randomness of the gunfights in this title too. i dont like the fact that light tanks can destroy a king tiger with low calibre ammunition. The ranges in the game are all extreme close range, so its no wonder that a light tank can take out a heavy tank. in real life he would never got close to the heavy tank. german heavy tanks were famous/feared for their high precision long range shots. in men of war long they are hitting nothing. it makes me cry.

i liked the "stealth" missions the most. were kind of guerilla action. set ambush in town, shoot down patrol, hit and run. very enjoyable.

the randomness of the damagemodell is hard not the game itself. i was just hard quicksaving und reloading not thinking about battle tactics. so the game is too easy and not to hard for me. when i know whats going on in a mission my performance was much better. i lost all my own tanks in firefights okay. but you dont need tanks to do all the missions. playing without tanks makes the game much more enjoyable for me.

and yes i hate the matilda II. in one game my tiger shot a whole magazin of atshells at this bitch. and it didn't want to explode.

ps.: Where can i buy a amored dodge? are they still being produced? are they still used by allied elite units?

i am sorry this game is hard to the point of me wishing i had pirated it and not bought it,
the stealth missions SUCKED if i wanted to play stealth i would buy tom clancy splinter cell

having done a count there are 5 stealth missions out of what 16? so 33% of this game is stealth

2nd the allied missions all suck, the one with the uber jeep is way to easy

3rd there is no ******* tutorial you restart missions 5 million times and keep having to look it up in the manuel cause there is no tutorial, and don't call baptism of fire a tutorial that was a "here are some of the controls in case you forgot from the tutorial" kind of mission (ever done the 1st mission in world in conflict?)

4th "war is not funny"? we do nto want it to be funny we want it to be FUN and not FRUSTRATING,

5th voice acting it sucks and it distracts me from thinking bout how to win the battle

6th the general way to make this "easy" is to save and reload 12 times, NO that is called HARD "easy" referes to the abbility to mabye have to restart the level 1 time, i am sitting here on the last allied mission WITH A TRAINER and i am loosing.

so yes make your next game at liest possible on easy mode cause this is retarded

don't expect me to buy any more of your games

Slowhand
07-31-2009, 09:52 PM
i am sorry this game is hard to the point of me wishing i had pirated it and not bought it ... the general way to make this "easy" is to save and reload 12 times, NO that is called HARD "easy" referes to the abbility to mabye have to restart the level 1 time, i am sitting here on the last allied mission WITH A TRAINER and i am loosing
My advice: can the whining, stick it out and show some cohones. Yes, SHoWW2, FoW and MoW is the most realistic - and unforgivingly difficult - WWII RTS franchise I've ever played (and I'm sure I've played most of them). But the series really separates the wheat from the chaff.

And I'm far from being a L33T player. I make mistakes and fall for the same scripted traps as the next guy. I've also despaired over the sheer difficulty of some missions. Take my word for it, though: they're all achievable, as impossible as the objectives may seem initially.

When I continuously fail I force myself to stand back, take a deep breath, perhaps even sleep over the issue. In the end I've always managed to devise a winning scheme and enjoy the satisfaction of finally owning the level, thanks to a good plan and precise execution.

Sure, the "Turning Point" mission is a bitch, as it's meant to be. After all, it's the final level of the Allied campaign. But it's almost a breeze when using the proper tactics. For example: distribute your team among the tanks and artillery, one unit per armor piece, and aligned for maximum effect. Also, place the crew of the useless searchlights into the Churchills and flank the enemy. Finally, I'd suggest repositioning the rocket launcher to a safer location further west before the initial Axis rush.

Perseverance and tenacity pays off. The final stage of the mission was especially fun. I eventually turned the tide by capturing a few German tanks and became the hunter instead of being hunted. After that, the remainder of the level was mostly a turkey shoot.

Morgoth
07-31-2009, 10:20 PM
My advice: can the whining, stick it out and show some cohones.

Yes, the SHoWWII, FoW and MoW franchise are the most realistic - and unforgivingly difficult - WWII RTS games I've ever played (and I'm sure I've played most of them). But they separate the wheat from the chaff. And yes, I've also gone ballistic over the insurmountable difficulty of some missions. Take my word for it, though: they're all winnable, as incredulous as the notion seems at first.

When I continuously fail I force myself to stand back, taking a deep breath, perhaps even sleep over the issue. I've always managed to devise a winning scheme. And, in the end, it's so incredibly satisfying to finally own the level by executing a well though-out and successful strategy

Most often perseverance and tenacity is the key. Sure, the last allied mission "Turning Point" is a bitch, as it's meant to be. After all, it's the final mission of the campaign. But it's almost a breeze if you use some tactics to your strategic advantage. For example: abandon troops from the useless spotlights and have them man the awesome Churchills, besides moving the rocket launcher into safer position on the far west side of the map before the initial axis rush.

I won 'Turning Point' the first time i ever played it,wasnt to hard,ok i had it on easy but,the fuss you people make,its easy guys come on.Only negative side is you have to destroy everything from the East,but the game dosnt tell you that,so if say you have captured & are using a Tiger or something,the game wont end till you destroy it.:-)

kane1
07-31-2009, 11:30 PM
That's a great mission. All the cool vehicles and heavy weapons. I wish I would have had more time to set up my defences the first time I played it. I usually let the mission play through so that I can see whats happening. I think this game can be very hard, but it lets you complete the missions(for the most part) however you want. I love this game along with SHoWW2, and FoW

Nokturnal
08-01-2009, 04:56 AM
Slowhand has said all that needs to be said regarding the game being "too hard" - There is no use complaining, you need more practice, that's all.
If you seriously have trouble on easy mode i suggest you stop playing dumbed down arcade style RTS games and try playing one that requires real tactics.

Now as for the "if i want stealth i'd play splinter cell" comment - Well of course you would, that's just a stupidly pointless thing to state.
The games are entire genres apart. You are comparing an actual stealth game set in modern day, about a highly trained spy with high tech gadgets at his disposal..With a WW2 RTS game, with no spies, without gadgets and that never once says it is a stealth game.

If you had played Commandos (one of the first proper stealth series) you would realise the great job MoW have done with their stealth missions. They are aware that precision/timing/patience is required, as opposed to todays games with dozens of gadgets and lack of realism. Not to mention the fact that most Hitman/Splinter cell games can be completed just as easily by running around guns blazing..Yeah, real stealthy..

Don't blame the developers for making a game that actually requires you to think and plan ahead. It's a nice change from the typical war RTS games everyone else releases, and it's hardly their fault that you can't complete the levels, even on easy.

If you don't like it, don't play it.

Lancer
08-02-2009, 01:51 PM
Slowhand has said all that needs to be said regarding the game being "too hard" - There is no use complaining, you need more practice, that's all.
If you seriously have trouble on easy mode i suggest you stop playing dumbed down arcade style RTS games and try playing one that requires real tactics.

Now as for the "if i want stealth i'd play splinter cell" comment - Well of course you would, that's just a stupidly pointless thing to state.
The games are entire genres apart. You are comparing an actual stealth game set in modern day, about a highly trained spy with high tech gadgets at his disposal..With a WW2 RTS game, with no spies, without gadgets and that never once says it is a stealth game.

If you had played Commandos (one of the first proper stealth series) you would realise the great job MoW have done with their stealth missions. They are aware that precision/timing/patience is required, as opposed to todays games with dozens of gadgets and lack of realism. Not to mention the fact that most Hitman/Splinter cell games can be completed just as easily by running around guns blazing..Yeah, real stealthy..

Don't blame the developers for making a game that actually requires you to think and plan ahead. It's a nice change from the typical war RTS games everyone else releases, and it's hardly their fault that you can't complete the levels, even on easy.

If you don't like it, don't play it.

Well Said. Nice to see a Commandos reference. MoW can be frustrating, agreed. However, it is the only game I have played where I can go back over and over until I get my timing/strategy right and still enjoy. I was really worried when this title was due to come out that it would be "dumbed down". I was absolutely delighted that the devs have not done gone down this path. I always try to play a game on normal level but for someone completely new to MoW or it brilliant predecessors maybe completing a few missions on Easy would ease them in so to speak.

samedi
08-31-2009, 11:19 PM
ATTENTION! this is a game for the real thinkers, this is a game that requires you to think and use strategy, this is undoubtebly the best strategy game i have ever played it puts every other real time strategy game (world in conflict, c&c, tiberian sun, company of heroes age of empires etc) to absolute shame! it makes every other rts look like a little baby kids game this game has NOT! got the attention it deserves and it deserves a 10/10 some missions are virtually impossible eg the first 2 bonus missions the russian 7th mission and the entire allied and german campaign they might as well give you 1 rifleman and tell you take over all of germany and thats what i like about it its so enjoyable its not our fault that some of you are too chicken and babyish to appreciate and enjoy a good game that actually requires you to use your brainpower and tactical thinking unliek other games where 2 armies square off and the one with more people or stronger tanks wins the game, this is the only game that i have used at least 20 percent of my attention on completing so if you cant do it dont complain go and play your babyish tiberian sun or world in conflict something this is a REAL strategy game for REAL thinkers

when i first played i was like oh great another boring rts game so i played on hard, when i played the first mission i got beaten completely, even easy is hard! then during the allied campaign i really came to understand and appreciate such a good game

mudbleach
09-01-2009, 05:29 PM
Sure the game is tricky but its not that hard, i dont reload every time i lose a gun i just lose it, i always seem to find a way some how, alot of the time i lose my my stuff but you can steal enemy things and you can use your AT nades they are killer, the game really isnt that hard but im 25 when i was a kid games were REALLY hard compared to todays kids

Hedley Verity
09-09-2009, 10:01 AM
I'm not a fan of the generic RTS games because they are very formulaic, by that I mean the mechanics are the same whether you enacting a fantasy, historical or post modern conflict. I have however, found this game to be refreshing in its approach.

Hard? Yes, but it reflects the fact that real war is hard and unfair! For me it is precisely the attempt by the developers to bring a sense of realism into this game which makes it stand head and shoulders above any other game in this genre.

For sure there are bugs and it is damned frustrating when your plan (if you had one), falls apart. The key is to think, the only barriers are the limits of your own imagination in how you use the materials littered around the battlefield.

I've only just played the Sevastopol scenario and I lost; historically that is accurate as the Germans captured the city on July 3rd 1942, but it does not deter me from trying again.

So stop whinging and try harder, think, plan and employ real tactics for a change!!

szebus
09-09-2009, 10:23 AM
Dear nilloc93, you could have tried the single player demo of the game before buying it, for the demos are invented not for the love of making a demo, but for marketing purpose and for the customers know what they buy. TNX.

Anhvu
09-19-2009, 02:23 AM
I second that, this game is a diamond in the rough. Yeah its excruciating hard, maybe downright insane, but not impossible to achieve. Look at me, I had to ask for help on these forums out of desperation. (makes me feels so inferior lol but then again, I was trying it on normal first time:-P) But the moment you have them on the run, then you can taste the satisfaction that comes with each victory. It is by far aside from SHoWII, a truely awesome tactical game.

P.S. anybody have any issues with the airstrike in Scorching Sands? http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=9995

akito272
09-22-2009, 01:56 PM
Im 24 i been playing pc since im 8, and men i realy missed a game that could challange you. This game puts me back in the good times.

paul1300
09-28-2009, 07:58 PM
I ve only just started playing the game where you repair the tank, am I missing something because you just have 1 tank against so many germans and the tracks keep coming off 9 attempts so far

Korsakov829
09-28-2009, 08:08 PM
Destroy tanks and 45mm guns first with a AP round. Keep away from enemy infantry, don't let them get close or they may get you with a AT grenade.

robi120
10-28-2009, 07:28 PM
yea i downloaded the demo and i liked the game so i bought it.
Now i'm playing and i'm stuck at "the flying dutchman".
This misson is very hard,but not impossible.

Also i dont preffer so much stealth missons they are much harder then others.

But i just cant find any walktrough!probably there is no one for this game?

Bob O Enrabador
11-13-2009, 01:18 AM
Some missions are very hard, but why don't you guys do as I do? Give yourself some more advantage, change the missions in game.pak and add some more units to turn it more easy.

robi120 strangely no one as yet made a walktrough for this game, I've checked sites like cheatcodecentral and there is nothing yet.
After you get some more experience with the game you'll find that the flying dutchman is not that hard.

Myself I think this game is priceless. After starting playing it I forgot completly Company of Heroes, love the real damage effects and the direct control is something amazing. Do you guys also think that in the last COH expansion when we get to control the Tiger they deliberatly copied that from MOW? The only thing this game lacks is a pause button so we can give orders when there are a lot of units to control. I think with the real damage and direct control this game is gonna be a changing point and all this kind of strategy games are going to be like MOW.

Nokturnal
11-13-2009, 04:08 AM
Bob - There actually is a pause button, try hitting the pause button on your keyboard :P I don't think it was put in the list of controls, but it works for me. You could also use the backspace key to change the speed of time, allowing you to control all of your troops= in a hectic situation.

I'm not sure what you mean by CoH copying the Tiger from MoW..I don't think MoW was the first to use a Tiger tank in a game :P.
But the addition of the "direct control" mode CoH put in deffinately seems (cheaply) copied from MoW. Not only that, it's basically useless in CoH, atleast in MoW it is frequently used/needed and can turn the tide of a battle when you take =control.

I too haven't given CoH another thought since discovering MoW, it's just not worth the time anymore. Almost like a step backwards in terms of gameplay, features and enjoyment.

But i don't think that real damage/direct control or this sort of realistic and intense gameplay will become the standard in RTS titles. Let's face it, the typical gamer isn't willing to use their brain to finish a game that requires thinking, planning and patience, there will always be a need for CoH style games.
We've already heard people claiming MoW is "too hard to be enjoyable" :rolleyes: and games like CoH will be made for people like that. It's fine by me, just means less mindless idiots coming here to complain that they had to actually think.

Bob O Enrabador
11-14-2009, 12:08 AM
I didn't mean copying the use of a Tiger unit, but the direct control of one in a mission of that crappy ultra-small expansion Tales of Valor. It just seemed much of a coincidence after MOW came out the guys of COH using that in Tales of Valor.
I know about the pause button, but it's that we can't add move and action commands in pause like in COH and Codename Panzers. But I didn't knew about changing the speed of the game, thanks for mention that.
Hail to Australia, land of gourgeous girls!

Nokturnal
11-14-2009, 03:01 AM
Yes it did seem like perhaps the CoH devs had been playing other people's games, but the funny thing is, MoW wasn't the first to use the direct control. I'm not sure where it originally began (i'm sure you can trace it back to the early gaming days) but one of the first games i'd heard of using it was Soldiers Heroes of WW2 (2004) also by BestWay.
So it actually took CoH almost 5yrs to copy it, and they still did a horrible job :P I doubt they'll use it again in the next release.

Ahh yes you are correct, i forgot that MoW doesn't allow giving commands while paused - I've been playing too much Theatre of War (which does allow it) but considering 1C are involved in that perhaps it would be possible to include it in MoW. We might have to wait for a MoW 2 though :P.

In the meantime the speed change should make it a bit more manageable, it also adds a bit more panic and drama as you have to wait longer for tanks/guns to reload and you'll be wondering if you will reload before the enemy - But personally i feel that adds to the fun.
Oh and yep, we do indeed have some lovely women here, sometimes i think the tourists come here for the women more than the actual tours and such. :P

KnightFandragon
12-26-2009, 12:06 PM
This game is no harder imo then Company of Heroes.....The only thing that makes it hard at all is the dumb AI who will let guys walk right up on them and not do anything. Also, we have tanks that take waaaaayyyy to many shells...i thought this game was sposed to be more so realistic then COH?? Then how the heck does a Sherman even remotely begin to take an 88mm shell and live? The only mission I had trouble with at all was Behind enemy lines...yes I tried to do all the objectives and I suck at sneaking and Arsenal...again, I suck at sneaking. I havent done Flying Dutchman though, so yeah. As for the rest of the missions ive pretty much done them 1st or second try. The things in missions that throws me off is when a am stuck pummeling the living crap out of a tank and it just refuses to die then it fires one time at me hits me and dead....then there is the soldiers who refuse to throw grenades or miss with it and die. Also, ive had guys who I tell to shoot a HMG guy and instead they charge it, trying to nade it. Also, what is with this game and not updating mission objectives? Ive played Turning Point and I cleared the whole board of guys and it still wouldnt give me the "Destroy Enemy Mortars", also Airfield, I killed all of the planes and it refused to give me "Destroy Enemy Planes". So yeah, this game imo isnt hard...just has some bad AI and what not