PDA

View Full Version : Contest video - must see!!

IIIYURYIII
04-23-2009, 12:18 PM
I am proud to present my first contest video. It´s my short version of the beginning of Barbarossa operation. It´s full of action and effects.

You can win a copy or the game by voting on this video at http://dateyourgame.com
You need to register until april 30th. Voting begins at april 30th to 7th may.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUwZ9LmfPPQ

RoTTenbox
04-24-2009, 04:15 AM
Great Video, camera work was well done, which brings me to a question, and that is how do you make your video's without the hud and icons, and how do you replay them to be able to record them. With Battlefield 2 i use the Battle Recorder and Fraps, Company of Heroes has a replay playback function, World in Conflict has a Replay Playback function and also a built in Movie Making Tool, i thought it was ashame when i didn't see a replay playback function in Men of War as the visual effects are great. Everything about this game and the whole series is fantastic but when your in the heat of an intence battle you dont always see everything thats happening, thats where i like to be able to play the replay and enjoy the battle from a spectators point of view.
So how did you do the camera work ?
Did you film it some how during gameplay ?
Id like to give it a go myself so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

IIIYURYIII
04-24-2009, 04:49 AM
This video was done using the GEM editor. It was not a real multiplayer or singleplayer battle. It was completely composed using the editor. And other video (sony vegas) and audio (audacity) softwares were used to mix scenes and effects.
To capture the battles I used Fraps. The hud was cropped with sony vegas software.
I don´t like fraps, but it´s the way I know to capture the battles.

Prowlinger
04-24-2009, 06:58 PM
Wow... love it! So how did you do it in the editor?

Can you tell us a short run down?

Did you use waypoints?

:)

IIIYURYIII
04-25-2009, 12:21 AM
As a brazilian, it´s difficult to explain in english how I made it, but I will try.

At first I created a line history on a piece of paper. Then I mounted various scenes, and choose the bests, using the editor.
with every units on their positions I started to issue commands to them. This was my first time using the editor. So I don´t know much commands.
I issued commands to only a few units per time, and test them. Some scenes takes lasted 2 days to be done, because of my lack of knowledge on the editor.
After all the issues were tested, I started to position the cameras points of view and their trajetories.
With everything prepared, I hit start mission and record with fraps.
After lots of try, I choose the best clips, then edited them using sony vegas and audacity. To be more realistic, I had to import some game sounds, and mix with the clips sounds.
Some commands I used was: waypoint, delay, zone, camera, attack, move, etc.