PDA

View Full Version : GEM editor - How to use it.

Nike-it
04-20-2009, 06:41 AM
Here are three guide videos about GEM editor: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=9BB19D7646C497E2

Nike-it
04-20-2009, 06:48 AM
GEM editor tutorial in PDF (http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/outcoming/downloads/Tutorial.pdf)

Waypoint video tutorial (http://www.2404.org/smull/waypoint.avi)

Nike-it
04-20-2009, 06:52 AM
Editor FAQ 1.02 made by Ka-Oz

this is a syntax from all question/reply concerning the map editor on the ubisoft forum
thks to all people that share theyr wisdom with others :p

My landscape is black / i dont see any land, how can i change it?
press F2, ESCAPE, then select New to create a new map or load to use an already existing one

What is the difference between F2 and F3 editor modes?
F2 is map editor mode(terrain, objects, etc.)
F3 is mission editor mode(triggers, units, tanks, etc.)

where are the map entities? I load a map from the game but there's no soldiers on the map
After loading a map (F2) u need to go to the mission editor (f3) and load the Mission file (.mi) wich stores all
the soldiers/Vehicles/environnement/scripts

How to save a complete mission ?
Map editor (F2) and Mission editor (F3) use 2 separates files sets. Make sure u save in the two Modes.
To do this press F2 then ESCAPE then SAVE and then press F3, ESCAPE, SAVE.
In F3 mode, the file name should be:
"0.mi" for single player mission (without quotes)
"chicken.mi" for chicken multiplayer map
"battle_zones.mi" for battlezones multiplayer map
"combat.mi" for combat multiplayer map
"frontline.mi" for frontline multiplayer map

How to get your maps to show up in the map list in multiplayer ?
The mission file (.mi) need to have the correct name corresponding to the desired game mode.
look at the upper question for file names

How do i get my singleplayer map to show into the game ?
1: Create a "Mods" folder inside ur game directory ( ex: \Faces of War\Mods\ )
2: inside that "Mods" folder create a folder with ur mod name (ex: \Faces of War\Mods\my_mod\ )
3: inside that "mymod" folder create a mod.info file and edit it with notepad. copy paste the following inside

{mod
{name "Must Match Folder Name"}
{desc "Just whatever you please to add in here."}
}

then edit the text inside quotes
name : need to be the same name u named your mod folder (in this example "mymod")
desc : will be a short description of ur mod that will be showed in mod selection tab under options
4: still in this folder create a "resource" folder (ex: \Faces of War\Mods\my_mod\resource\ )
5: in that "resource" folder create a "map" folder (ex: \Faces of War\Mods\my_mod\resource\map )
6: in that "map" folder create a "single" folder (ex: \Faces of War\Mods\my_mod\resource\map\single\ )
7: in that "single" folder create a "1" folder (ex: \Faces of War\Mods\my_mod\resource\map\single\1\ )
note: folder can be named "1" "2" or "3" this will define wich campaing ur map will be showed in.
8: in that "1" folder create a "0-1-training" folder (ex: \Faces of War\Mods\my_mod\resource\map\single\1\0-1-training\ )
note: the folder name need to match exactly the name of the mission u want to replace.
Missions names are:

campaign 1 (allies)
0-1-training, 0-2-training, 0-3-training, 1-1-radar, 1-2-falaise, 1-3-walcheren, 2-1-airlanding, 2-2-maas_crossing, 2-3-argentan, 2-4-bastogne, 3-1-omaha

campaign 2 (russian)
0-1-training, 0-2-training, 0-3-training, 1-1-warszaw, 1-2-docs_return, 1-3-stronghold, 2-1-warszaw_station, 2-2-flank_assault, 2-3-dragun, 2-4-vokzal, 3-1-reichstag

campaign 3 (german)
0-1-training, 0-2-training, 0-3-training, 1-1-nijmegen_bridge, 1-2-brussels, 1-3-ardennes_breach, 2-1-mountains, 2-2-marvie, 2-3-snake_attack, 2-4-rochefort, 3-1-louvain

9: copy all ur map files inside this directory.
10: to distribute ur creation compress the whole "mymod" folder into a zip/rar file

Can i save my mission gameplay state in editor while playtesting it ?
NO u dont

Why do some objects appear invisible in the display when i place them ?
press "ALT + F" to remove fog of war and all entities will be visible

How do i rotate entities, change altitude ect... ?
press and hold (qwerty keyboards):
A to change the altidude of entities.
Z to rotate an entity around its local up axis.
C to rotate entities around their common up axis. This is great to rotate several objects at once.
X to change the orientation of an entity. It's like a joystick.
S to change entity size

how do I place complete buildings not just pieces of them ?
place basis entities, they have such ending at their names. Or those in mainfolder.
(in a subfolder, there are the parts and there also always is the complete building). Seek a bit

how do I place destroyed units/buidings ?
use "F1" mode to destroy them with a tank or soldier or use damage service.
DONT place the already destroyed entities (entityname_x , entityname_xx),
they wont have collisions and other game objects can walk/shoot trough them.

When I use shells on the map it just creates a crater but it still shows the map texture... is this normal?
in editor if u want the engine to show correctly "Cut_entities" (crater, trenches,tank ditchs),
u need to load a mission file first in F3 mode, but u wont be able to move thoose entities anymore until you unload the mission file.

when I put a Trench, the soldiers go into the ground
See upper question

How do i change the size of the "brush" (round turning thing) in the land section of the editor ?
use numpad keys "+" and "-"

How do i add Water on my landscape ??
add water layers from "Landscape -> Stamps -> Water" category. then set water level in mapeditor mode (F2), before you set water level, don't move the water layers up and down by your own. Set them on level 0 by editing theyr properties.
When changing water level it will autolevel those waterlayers . Height of waterlayer and waterlevel must be the same.
NOTE: soldiers can NOT swim in deep water

How do i add crews to vehicles & equipement or set them in a particular position ?
Press F1 then press Keypad number (0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) depending on wich player u assigned the unit(s).
select unit(s) and now u can move them like in game and order them to board a vehicle.
However some entities cant be boarded (like Flak41 Platform).
In that case, open console (press the key right under escape), type "g_link", hold the "shift" key,
select first the unit u want inside then select the vehicle (u should now have 2 units selected),
release shift and press "ENTER". You will have to do this for each unit u want inside

Can you copy objects and paste so you dont gotta keep making the same thing over and over?
YES, use "CTRL + C" and "CTRL + V"

How do I edit a unit/ammo crate inventory ?
Select entity, Press "W", then "7"

How do i place ammo on ground or on a table, there is only one bullet in clip?
select a soldier, edit is inventory with the desired amount of ammo, go to "F1" mode,
make the soldier drop the ammo then go back to "F3" mode, now select and place the ammo in the spot u want it

How can I make the enemy to attack only inside one area? My enemies follows my guys until the end of the map !
In unit properties,under "brain", change "move_mode" from "Free" to "Zone", then define "move_radius"
to any value (in meters ?) you want your unit to follow the enemy if they are engaged. move_radius define a circle.
If u want to create a rectangular zone or any other shape, u will have to add zones and triggers wich i wont explain here

Where can I set the diplomacy (define wich players are enemies or allies)?
Press F3 then F9

How do i get the Map Boundaries FOG showing and masking that ugly black gap around my map ?
Press F2 then 3, on the righ click "auto" then grab the yellow line and move it where u want the boudary fog to start, this will also define the playable area.
The lines are sometimes very hard to grab, try and try again ^^. Also the boudary fog will only be shown when
loading the map ingame, not in the editor

How do i resize my map after some editing?
Press F2 then 2 and select the polygon tool. u can add or remove landscape polygons with it.
You can even cut polygons in multiple parts for a more precise lanscape editing by changing the "level" number
and then using the brush and right mouse button over the desired area.
I suggest you show the land wireframe when doing this (press ALT+ W twice)
Just remember the more polys, the less performance so try to optimise.

How do i add a Minimap to my map ?
you need to make a screenshot looking to the south from an upper view of your map then make a minimap.dds file
with it and place it in ur map directory. You'll need .dds viewer and .dds converter. Both are available on internet.

How do i make ingame/editor Screenshots
Press "Printscreen" to take screenshots inside the game, then go to "my documents\my games\Face of war\Screenshots\" all your screens are located there

what is the condition syntax u can type in the box under condition ?? (things like : (1 & 2) | 3)
"|" is "or"
"&" is "and"
"!" is "not"
You use parenthesis to give order to things like you do in math. (1 + 2) * 3 = 9 but 1 + (2 * 3) = 7
Examples: "!1" is When Not 1
"(1 & 2) | 3" is When 1 and 2 are true, OR when 3 is true

abbasnd
08-25-2010, 03:39 PM
i've managed to create a map ,and by using the info. above i am able to see the map in the combat maps (playing on Lan) ,but after creating the game the game loads but doesn't launch !! I think there is a problem in the deploiment points ( i don't know how to put them..or..find them) :!:

samedi
08-27-2010, 11:20 PM
i cant help but realise you have missed out triggers and zones, which are an essential part of mission creation. if you can please explain how to use them in missions. i know a great deal about most of the triggers in the game but for others they might need a guide

(i found theres a section on this in the manual, which i missed, so its ok now..)

abbasnd
08-28-2010, 02:26 PM
thanks, i figured out how to fix the problem (caused by the spowning points),and the videos were very helping .

KnightFandragon
09-12-2010, 06:22 AM
How do I put the view high enough to get a minimap picture? I get looking to the south and stuff but there is no way I can get a pic high enough above the map.....or can I? how so

[SOE]No.Mam
09-12-2010, 08:12 AM
How do I put the view high enough to get a minimap picture? I get looking to the south and stuff but there is no way I can get a pic high enough above the map.....or can I? how so
disable clip camera possition, and you can zoom out and move out from map as far you want.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/1694/unbenanntpt.jpg

How do i add a Minimap to my map ?
you need to make a screenshot looking to the south from an upper view of your map then make a minimap.dds file
with it and place it in ur map directory. You'll need .dds viewer and .dds converter. Both are available on internet.
game also accept "simple" JPG files for Minimap, Preview & Background pictures for each map. you dont need convert to DDS files.

How do i resize my map after some editing?
Press F2 then 2 and select the polygon tool. u can add or remove landscape polygons with it.
You can even cut polygons in multiple parts for a more precise lanscape editing by changing the "level" number
I suggest you show the land wireframe when doing this (press ALT+ W twice)
Just remember the more polys, the less performance so try to optimise.

removing polygons dont reduce filesize from map. possible bug from GEM editor? so, dont start with too big map. its much better add polygons than remove polygons for mapsize/filesize.

KnightFandragon
09-12-2010, 11:10 AM
Marvelous =D Next is to figure out that dds converter thing and w/e else to get the minimap in :grin:

[SOE]No.Mam
09-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Marvelous =D Next is to figure out that dds converter thing and w/e else to get the minimap in :grin:
you dont need converting to DDS. make a simple JPG picture and move it to your mapfolder. same with "Preview" and "Loading" screen.

KnightFandragon
09-13-2010, 06:39 AM
Awesome, got the minimap thing done, was pretty easy. Only thing I notice on it is its not fully in sync with my icons...its kinda slightly off key. However, I rarely use my minimap anyway. The minimap is a reference not an exact recon piece haha..its close enough for me lolz.

Next is how do I change the text on the loading screen and the mission select screen. Right now it reads somethine like men of war/4/base_raid/big_name or something, how do I change that?

[SOE]No.Mam
09-13-2010, 05:33 PM
pls use DMS modding forum. :grin:
http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewforum.php?f=8

KnightFandragon
03-22-2011, 06:41 AM
just found this editor, man it's awesome, i just need to learn the scripts and settings

From what ive seen, this editor is not incredibly difficult to use. Ive guessed at some of it and gotten things to work. Its just a tedious editor, but its absolutely loads of fun =D

Comrade Stalin
05-13-2011, 02:25 AM
I have a little problem/bug. I have been using this editor for about a week now and one time I run the editor I notice that the F2, clip section boundary lines are showing without me being in the F2, 3 mode. I loaded one of my map's missions and they still show in every mode F1. F2, and F3....... Any ideas on how to fix it? I already reinstalled it. I didn't delete the user files though should I remove them too? Please help.

robbcap
05-22-2011, 09:22 AM
ye i wounder when ever i set a trigger on autorestet im mean like when you make an endless beach invasion and i put the emit on autoreset the lcvp dosen't spawn and if i leave the auto reset off the lcvp spawns but dosen't move or do aything

Hkrugger
05-30-2011, 12:07 AM
editor faq 1.02 made by ka-oz

this is a syntax from all question/reply concerning the map editor on the ubisoft forum
thks to all people that share theyr wisdom with others :p

my landscape is black / i dont see any land, how can i change it?
press f2, escape, then select new to create a new map or load to use an already existing one

what is the difference between f2 and f3 editor modes?
f2 is map editor mode(terrain, objects, etc.)
f3 is mission editor mode(triggers, units, tanks, etc.)

where are the map entities? I load a map from the game but there's no soldiers on the map
after loading a map (f2) u need to go to the mission editor (f3) and load the mission file (.mi) wich stores all
the soldiers/vehicles/environnement/scripts

how to save a complete mission ?
map editor (f2) and mission editor (f3) use 2 separates files sets. Make sure u save in the two modes.
To do this press f2 then escape then save and then press f3, escape, save.
In f3 mode, the file name should be:
"0.mi" for single player mission (without quotes)
"chicken.mi" for chicken multiplayer map
"battle_zones.mi" for battlezones multiplayer map
"combat.mi" for combat multiplayer map
"frontline.mi" for frontline multiplayer map

how to get your maps to show up in the map list in multiplayer ?
the mission file (.mi) need to have the correct name corresponding to the desired game mode.
Look at the upper question for file names

how do i get my singleplayer map to show into the game ?
1: Create a "mods" folder inside ur game directory ( ex: \faces of war\mods\ )
2: Inside that "mods" folder create a folder with ur mod name (ex: \faces of war\mods\my_mod\ )
3: Inside that "mymod" folder create a mod.info file and edit it with notepad. Copy paste the following inside

{mod
{name "must match folder name"}
{desc "just whatever you please to add in here."}
}

then edit the text inside quotes
name : Need to be the same name u named your mod folder (in this example "mymod")
desc : Will be a short description of ur mod that will be showed in mod selection tab under options
4: Still in this folder create a "resource" folder (ex: \faces of war\mods\my_mod\resource\ )
5: In that "resource" folder create a "map" folder (ex: \faces of war\mods\my_mod\resource\map )
6: In that "map" folder create a "single" folder (ex: \faces of war\mods\my_mod\resource\map\single\ )
7: In that "single" folder create a "1" folder (ex: \faces of war\mods\my_mod\resource\map\single\1\ )
note: Folder can be named "1" "2" or "3" this will define wich campaing ur map will be showed in.
8: In that "1" folder create a "0-1-training" folder (ex: \faces of war\mods\my_mod\resource\map\single\1\0-1-training\ )
note: The folder name need to match exactly the name of the mission u want to replace.
Missions names are:

Campaign 1 (allies)
0-1-training, 0-2-training, 0-3-training, 1-1-radar, 1-2-falaise, 1-3-walcheren, 2-1-airlanding, 2-2-maas_crossing, 2-3-argentan, 2-4-bastogne, 3-1-omaha

campaign 2 (russian)
0-1-training, 0-2-training, 0-3-training, 1-1-warszaw, 1-2-docs_return, 1-3-stronghold, 2-1-warszaw_station, 2-2-flank_assault, 2-3-dragun, 2-4-vokzal, 3-1-reichstag

campaign 3 (german)
0-1-training, 0-2-training, 0-3-training, 1-1-nijmegen_bridge, 1-2-brussels, 1-3-ardennes_breach, 2-1-mountains, 2-2-marvie, 2-3-snake_attack, 2-4-rochefort, 3-1-louvain

9: Copy all ur map files inside this directory.
10: To distribute ur creation compress the whole "mymod" folder into a zip/rar file

can i save my mission gameplay state in editor while playtesting it ?
no u dont

why do some objects appear invisible in the display when i place them ?
press "alt + f" to remove fog of war and all entities will be visible

how do i rotate entities, change altitude ect... ?
press and hold (qwerty keyboards):
A to change the altidude of entities.
Z to rotate an entity around its local up axis.
C to rotate entities around their common up axis. This is great to rotate several objects at once.
X to change the orientation of an entity. It's like a joystick.
S to change entity size

how do i place complete buildings not just pieces of them ?
place basis entities, they have such ending at their names. Or those in mainfolder.
(in a subfolder, there are the parts and there also always is the complete building). Seek a bit

how do i place destroyed units/buidings ?
use "f1" mode to destroy them with a tank or soldier or use damage service.
Dont place the already destroyed entities (entityname_x , entityname_xx),
they wont have collisions and other game objects can walk/shoot trough them.

when i use shells on the map it just creates a crater but it still shows the map texture... Is this normal?
in editor if u want the engine to show correctly "cut_entities" (crater, trenches,tank ditchs),
u need to load a mission file first in f3 mode, but u wont be able to move thoose entities anymore until you unload the mission file.

when i put a trench, the soldiers go into the ground
see upper question

how do i change the size of the "brush" (round turning thing) in the land section of the editor ?
use numpad keys "+" and "-"

how do i add water on my landscape ??
add water layers from "landscape -> stamps -> water" category. Then set water level in mapeditor mode (f2), before you set water level, don't move the water layers up and down by your own. Set them on level 0 by editing theyr properties.
When changing water level it will autolevel those waterlayers . Height of waterlayer and waterlevel must be the same.
Note: Soldiers can not swim in deep water

how do i add crews to vehicles & equipement or set them in a particular position ?
press f1 then press keypad number (0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) depending on wich player u assigned the unit(s).
Select unit(s) and now u can move them like in game and order them to board a vehicle.
However some entities cant be boarded (like flak41 platform).
In that case, open console (press the key right under escape), type "g_link", hold the "shift" key,
select first the unit u want inside then select the vehicle (u should now have 2 units selected),
release shift and press "enter". You will have to do this for each unit u want inside

can you copy objects and paste so you dont gotta keep making the same thing over and over?
yes, use "ctrl + c" and "ctrl + v"

how do i edit a unit/ammo crate inventory ?
Select entity, press "w", then "7"

how do i place ammo on ground or on a table, there is only one bullet in clip?
select a soldier, edit is inventory with the desired amount of ammo, go to "f1" mode,
make the soldier drop the ammo then go back to "f3" mode, now select and place the ammo in the spot u want it

how can i make the enemy to attack only inside one area? My enemies follows my guys until the end of the map !
in unit properties,under "brain", change "move_mode" from "free" to "zone", then define "move_radius"
to any value (in meters ?) you want your unit to follow the enemy if they are engaged. Move_radius define a circle.
If u want to create a rectangular zone or any other shape, u will have to add zones and triggers wich i wont explain here

where can i set the diplomacy (define wich players are enemies or allies)?
press f3 then f9

how do i get the map boundaries fog showing and masking that ugly black gap around my map ?
press f2 then 3, on the righ click "auto" then grab the yellow line and move it where u want the boudary fog to start, this will also define the playable area.
The lines are sometimes very hard to grab, try and try again ^^. Also the boudary fog will only be shown when
loading the map ingame, not in the editor

how do i resize my map after some editing?
press f2 then 2 and select the polygon tool. U can add or remove landscape polygons with it.
I suggest you show the land wireframe when doing this (press alt+ w twice)
just remember the more polys, the less performance so try to optimise.

how do i add a minimap to my map ?

how do i make ingame/editor screenshots
press "printscreen" to take screenshots inside the game, then go to "my documents\my games\face of war\screenshots\" all your screens are located there

what is the condition syntax u can type in the box under condition ?? (things like : (1 & 2) | 3)
"|" is "or"
"&" is "and"
"!" is "not"
you use parenthesis to give order to things like you do in math. (1 + 2) * 3 = 9 but 1 + (2 * 3) = 7
examples: "!1" is when not 1
"(1 & 2) | 3" is when 1 and 2 are true, or when 3 is true

how do skirmish pls..... ???

Hkrugger
05-30-2011, 12:09 AM
How do skirmish pls....

wert6751
06-22-2011, 05:37 AM
how do i take a scrren shot?:confused:

Telamon
11-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Can i remove missions i made in the mission editor. Because i made some missions on multiplayer maps, and now i can't play those maps on multiplayer.:(
Does anyone know how to remove those missions?:confused:

Ziwior
03-04-2012, 06:16 AM
Ive got a problem.I want to play my own maps over LAN,when the other computer wants to come in my server then comes a message:Desync detected in Resource.When not playing with Gesynkten resource can be a desync occurred. Can you help me please.

Grunt kid
04-15-2012, 03:50 PM
How can I rotate the map cam in the map editor?

KnightFandragon
04-18-2012, 05:56 AM
Rotate cam? Did you hit new and make a new map? If so, then you have to save your map first then it will let you rotate the camera as normal using the middle mouse button.

nabuko
06-23-2012, 02:43 AM
how do u make a combat mode map i have the map set up but dont know how to put the mission or spawn point <im using waypoint or spawn point but doesnt make the combat.mi file> HELP :(

KnightFandragon
06-23-2012, 05:08 PM
how do u make a combat mode map i have the map set up but dont know how to put the mission or spawn point <im using waypoint or spawn point but doesnt make the combat.mi file> HELP :(

Did you save your map as

combat.mi in the MULTI section of the save file list in the editor?

If so, you want to know how tomake a combat map? Simply load up another Combat map already in game...then go to the edge of the map and find the spawn point markers..I believe the are the purple arrows on the board edge...take notes as to how they are written in the panel on the right..at hte bottom there is a list like

team A
spawn a1

then a bit further down there is another little part with something in ti...simply copy that method and you should end up like on a 4 player map

Team A
Spawn A1

Team A
Spawn A2

then you go to the other side or w/e you want to put Team B and put

Team B
Spawn B2

Team B
Spawn B2

Or however the game has it written..ive not made map in awhile and didnt remember the way to set it up exactly but go to an already made combat and take notes. (To find those spawn arrows you can type in "Spawn" at the bottom or something and it should take you to the spawn point arrows in the list) You dont need waypoints for MP Combat.

Also, if you need the game to recognize your map go into Localization/missions.lng

In there is a list of all the Mutliplayer maps in game...go to the bottom and follow suit, but smply put your map at the bottom of that list. Make sure to use the file name for your map and put it in lower case..the game likes lowercase for some reason...then the part just below it you can put your map name as you want to see it in the map list in game

I forget just how it looks but for me its something like

{
{"erlenberg"}
{"Erlenberg"}
{
{"smoldering_steel"}
{Smoldering Steel"}
{

Hope that helps a bit..ive not been in the editor for awhile and alot of that stuff I do a memory dump on until im back in the editor lol.

nabuko
06-26-2012, 08:26 PM
i figure it out but is there a way how to make the map bigger then 500x500 i tried to edit the file and i think it will blow up my game so help :3 and thx for the answer

taz9123
06-27-2012, 06:52 AM
I was wondering how to activate medic when creating maps. i know you can go to each unit and select (ability's > persons(something like that)) but the problem is the people are ALWAYS revivable, I want them to die after a certain amount of time not being revived, like MOW assault squad. I would also like if something killed them like an explosion or something fatal that they skip revive and go straight to complete death. Please help!

WarSnake
08-03-2012, 12:24 AM
i figure it out but is there a way how to make the map bigger then 500x500 i tried to edit the file and i think it will blow up my game so help :3 and thx for the answer

I opened up a 1000x1000 map. Just by manually inputting the number instead of choosing among the list. So; it is possible. Takes substantially longer to open a 1000x1000 map though.

- Can someone post a step-by-step tutorial on making Skirmish flags that work? It's the only thing that I don't quite understand.

Hornet'sNest
08-16-2012, 07:25 PM
Hi, i'm having a problem ending the mission, what i've made, basiclly the only task is to eliminate all enemy AI's on the map, when the AI is only infantry and eliminated then the mission will end, but when the enemy has vehicles or tanks, it won't end:S Perhaps i've made a mistake, if i have then correct me please...

F3-Triggers-Condition field- +enities-
mode = work
source = standart
mids = (empty)
tag = (empty)
zone = (empty)
player = (the player, that i wan't to be eliminated on the map ex. Player 1)
relation = -
type = human (What the type has to be? When i wan't vehicles to be destroyed as well as humans)
state = not dead
count = (==)
value = 0

I basiclly want the mission to end, when all enemy AI are eliminated on the map, that includes enemy vehicles, but when i put them on the map, i kill all the enemy AI, including tanks and other vehicles, the map simply won't end

KnightFandragon
08-16-2012, 10:40 PM
Hornet'sNest

Did you hit F9 and go under tasks, right click, new task and make that?

below the condition, you made for the entity, did you make a command

delay: 0.2
task: killallenemy then set to complete

Then make another trigger, name it "gameend" or victory, doesnt matter. But in there yoiu have to make a condition,

Task:
work
killallenemy(task name)
complete

then down in the commands, make a command that is

delay: 2
gameover: win and your victory message if you make one.

The game should end once all the Game end is in place and what not.

Hornet'sNest
08-17-2012, 02:00 AM
Many thanks for the help KnightFandragon! ;) :)

Hornet'sNest
08-17-2012, 08:44 AM
There's another thing i need help with, i have Men of War: Assault squad and i can't find winter troops neither african skin, i remember that in standard Men of War there was for example "rifleman_w" etc.

KnightFandragon
08-19-2012, 09:36 AM
So, you got your missions to work eh Hornet'sNest?

As for MOWAS skins, im unsure where they are. Looking in my dad's MOWAS editor, it would seem MOWAS is entirely MP only. I see only the MP Infantry and thier skins, no Winter camo or nothing...

Hornet'sNest
08-19-2012, 01:54 PM
I didn't get it to work, but i found an another way! Now it works absolutely fine! ;) But thanks for the help anyway! ;)

D3RANKER
12-17-2013, 07:58 PM
Hi im new to the editor i made a custom map but when i launch on a single mission it wont let me click on it and i tried on skirmish battle and the units i set to player 1 show red crosses help me thanks.

djsatane
12-18-2013, 12:16 PM
Hi im new to the editor i made a custom map but when i launch on a single mission it wont let me click on it and i tried on skirmish battle and the units i set to player 1 show red crosses help me thanks.

wont let you click on soldiers or you cant select the map to play?

D3RANKER
12-19-2013, 01:56 PM
Igo on my custom map i made not in editor in the main game multiplayer but on the units i set to player 1 i carnt control them, when i put my mouse over it shows a red cross and i have no controll what so ever.

Mking
01-27-2016, 01:53 PM
can i place a unit like "tigertank" as a regular tank with GEM editor?:confused:

Vietvet
09-02-2018, 11:47 AM
Hello Nike-it. It seems that nobody is commenting on the YouTube link you posted here. Is there a reason why it's dead quiet in there?

Vietvet
09-02-2018, 11:51 AM
You can easily transfer the MoW AS2 entities to MoW (2007-9). I did that and have successfully played MoW with MoW AS2 entities, except some that, if used, they can crash the program. You can use Google to find me as Michael Carson. Cheers.