PDA

View Full Version : computer lockup during start up of MOW (64 bit vista)

Redonmyhead
04-20-2009, 03:22 AM
I purchased this game on newegg a few days ago. After I install the game, I click on the shortcut MOW icon on my desktop. The game boots up. On the first screen (black MOW screen), it will do two different things. EIther the game locks up and then my whole system locks up. The only way to unfreeze everything is hold onto the power button to turn the system off. The other thing that happens is a message appears (down below) on the main start up screen (the black MOW screen.) I have not downloaded any patches or installed any patches. Do you have any suggestions? I'm running vista ultimate 64bit w/ 6gb of ram w/ i7 965. GPU is evga gtx 295 quad sli. I've read in other forums where it worked on their 64bit computer. I have my antivirus and firewall off as well.

I've sent this email with my dxdiag report to MOW support as well. Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and any luck fixing it.... Here's the error message that I recieve sometimes below.

Thanks,
John

Enabling Low Fragmentation Heap succeeded
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Aspyr\Men of War\mow.exe"
Product: Men Of War - v1.022.1 - standard
Build: 2009.01.22 09:14 - 0x007FF514
Total video memory reported: -1248854016
Local video memory detected: -1236078592
Invalidating shader cache

***************** Exception *****************
Not SDL file! (esdlreader.cpp, 17)
------------------------------------------------------------------
>> main
> file "@/profiles/player/settings.set"

Men Of War - v1.022.1 - standard
2009.01.22 09:14 - 0x007FF514

Buhler
05-08-2009, 06:34 PM
My friend is having the same exact issue, except he can get in game and play for a bit.

max93b
05-15-2009, 08:49 PM
but im running it on a vista 32 whitch is really wired becouse it can sapport that

searry
05-17-2009, 11:16 AM
It's funny on the back of the case it says it supports alot of stuff, in the manual it says you should upgrade from xp to vista to try and solve your issues :rolleyes:. This is something they could always tell you on the case, mind you by reading it in the manual you have to buy the game to break the seal to get into the case don't you.................

This game is not stable enough to run on the majority of pc, they don't know how to fix it, that's why the patch took so long to be released, and when it was it made no differrence what so ever. They will tell you it's probably due to your pc being unstable if you email the tech dept. However this wouldn't explain how I can play any other game on the planet and this has never happened before.