PDA

View Full Version : what is going on developers?

JuggernautOfWar
04-19-2009, 03:54 PM
If the PhysX patch coming out soon doesn't fix the performance issues I'm done with the game. Who in their right mind makes an extremely intense game and doesn't support modern CPUs? I'm sorry to say, but that is, to use the word literally, RETARDED.

Oh and do the developers even read this? I mean c'mon! This is the official forums and I've never once seen a developer post.

I'm starting to like EA more, and that's sad. Freaking game says a lot of bad things for small-time developers such as 1C Company.

Sorry, but getting bad performance for no reason when I just spent a butt-load of money on building a good computer pisses me off.

Ywap
04-19-2009, 05:19 PM
If the PhysX patch coming out soon doesn't fix the performance issues I'm done with the game. Who in their right mind makes an extremely intense game and doesn't support modern CPUs? I'm sorry to say, but that is, to use the word literally, RETARDED.

Oh and do the developers even read this? I mean c'mon! This is the official forums and I've never once seen a developer post.

I'm starting to like EA more, and that's sad. Freaking game says a lot of bad things for small-time developers such as 1C Company.

Sorry, but getting bad performance for no reason when I just spent a butt-load of money on building a good computer pisses me off.

Well, i´m in the same position as you. I haven´t got the fastest computer in the world but i think a E8400@3,78ghz, 4gb ram, gtx 285 for graphics and a 8800gts 512 for physics should be able to run a game that is suppose to be a poster child for nvidias physx.

I have put playing on ice hoping this patch will improve performance alot.

What system do you have JuggernautOfWar?

howiesfunware
04-28-2009, 02:27 AM
Unfortunately we have a card with PhysX (and it really sucks if you don't) but the game pushes it too hard which is why everyone has lousy performance. it was the same scenario with Mirror's Edge.

Performance wise for me it will ping pong between 20 and 40 fps. Seems to hover around the mid 20's for the most part.

JuggernautOfWar
04-28-2009, 04:55 AM
nVidia just released a new PhysX driver (http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_9.09.0408_whql.html) which solely enhances the performance in Cryostasis. I am not sure how well it works though. Can somebody please report back here with results along with GPU(s)?

howiesfunware
04-29-2009, 02:16 AM
I just updated my nvidia drivers before installing this game and the physX driver comes with it. Sorry, there's no silver bullet... the game is still pretty damn slow.

JuggernautOfWar
04-29-2009, 02:56 AM
No, the new PhysX version is not in the new graphics driver.

Ywap
04-29-2009, 03:05 AM
No, the new PhysX version is not in the new graphics driver.

I´ve used those physx drivers from the very beginning of Cryostasis and the game is still crawling, sorry :(

Using shader version 3.0 instead of 4.0 gives a little smoother ride, but it´s still choppy.